Recent Topics

Ads

Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:05 am

The only time it was higher was shortly after t4 release and when the lazy peon army joined. 800 to 900 ppl is around what you can usually expect. Don't forget that the server cap was 900 before t4 released and 1500 a long time after that. (which was never really reached until the lazy peon army joined).
i remember 2 years ago everytime someone asked me how the pop is i would respond around 800 to 900 at eu prime, and ive been around since the day this server came into existence.

Ads
skylinx

Post#12 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am

I think also if you look at all the content thats come out over the last 12 months and what theyve been working on. i.e ranked, hunter vales, the greenskin/dwarf cities. although these are all amazing and excellent additions to the game. what do they offer to the veterans? all the rr85s with full BiS in multiple permutations? nothing...all the rewards from this added content gives nothing to the loyal community that hung on for a long time. i still believe that when maybe royal weapons, rr90 gear, lotd revived, this is the content that will bring the other 400 or so players back and playing again and then you might see 500 pop off peak, 1200 pop peak time.

mogt

Post#13 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am

skylinx, patience ist thekey word, many things need time. your forget the devs are here are volunteers and not a big company with millions dollars and 100+ workers. the devs do their best, come down and learn patience. the new city or HV ist very good for vetereans too.

the world is bigger as just the rvr area. warhammer was ever a pve/rvr game, im combination. this game was never a 100 % pvp game.

Husti

Post#14 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:30 pm

RoR pop: Image
;)

tazdingo

Post#15 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:47 pm

i agree that big rvr changes and more, largely horizontal progress at the top is what will bring another wave back, but that all else that has already come this year has been an important foundation for that

Scottx125

Post#16 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 pm

skylinx wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am I think also if you look at all the content thats come out over the last 12 months and what theyve been working on. i.e ranked, hunter vales, the greenskin/dwarf cities. although these are all amazing and excellent additions to the game. what do they offer to the veterans? all the rr85s with full BiS in multiple permutations? nothing...all the rewards from this added content gives nothing to the loyal community that hung on for a long time. i still believe that when maybe royal weapons, rr90 gear, lotd revived, this is the content that will bring the other 400 or so players back and playing again and then you might see 500 pop off peak, 1200 pop peak time.
That's only a temp solution though. And would discourage new beginners from playing as the effective grind to get to endgame gets longer and longer (no way to bridge the gap between people who've played for years and those who have started a month ago). Once the top players get their royal weps and such, they'd leave because they'd have nothing left to work towards. They should invest in repayable content rather than finite vertical progression.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

warlover

Post#17 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:26 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 am According to most people in-game when this is asked, never, because they removed NerfedButtons and gave up 800 players voluntarily "for no reason."
800 players that cant play without Cheating, I'm glad they are gone !!!

sunshinefuntime

Post#18 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:40 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:05 am The only time it was higher was shortly after t4 release and when the lazy peon army joined. 800 to 900 ppl is around what you can usually expect. Don't forget that the server cap was 900 before t4 released and 1500 a long time after that. (which was never really reached until the lazy peon army joined).
i remember 2 years ago everytime someone asked me how the pop is i would respond around 800 to 900 at eu prime, and ive been around since the day this server came into existence.
this level of cope lol
mogt wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am skylinx, patience ist thekey word, many things need time. your forget the devs are here are volunteers and not a big company with millions dollars and 100+ workers. the devs do their best, come down and learn patience. the new city or HV ist very good for vetereans too.

the world is bigger as just the rvr area. warhammer was ever a pve/rvr game, im combination. this game was never a 100 % pvp game.
The volunteers here play Witch Hunter and Chosen, for what its worth. The more you know.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#19 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 pm That's only a temp solution though. And would discourage new beginners from playing as the effective grind to get to endgame gets longer and longer (no way to bridge the gap between people who've played for years and those who have started a month ago). Once the top players get their royal weps and such, they'd leave because they'd have nothing left to work towards. They should invest in repayable content rather than finite vertical progression.

the gear gap is really overblown, particularly in orvr. yes it stings in scs till invader but out in the lakes you're fine in ruin. yes, it's archetype dependent, with mdps suffering the most (i think most tank are fine in basically anything if you spec def, and ranged classes can always play smart to stay safe), but it's always been the case that somebody rolling a big **** mdps almost needs to be commissioned by a guild and that offensive off specs for everyone else require bis or near bis gear. once you get to vanq as everyone else, which takes like a week, you can perform your base role to a level where you're a credit to your side. the ability to do special stuff outside of that is the carrot that keeps you grinding for bis

abezverkhiy

Post#20 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:16 pm

I agree with the post above. Most important is to have group coordination, it will give your peen more extra inches than any bis gear. Gear gap can be beaten by group play.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354