Recent Topics

Ads

Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
normanis

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#41 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:46 pm

ppl will play new world and than come back, because this is best pvp game. where ather game u need take keeps. there was in age of conan byt never been applied. also pve is good here in ror.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#42 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:37 pm

forsa wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:55 pm
abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm Channels of WH (Trial by Pain), Eng (Focused Fire) do not give any specific buffs. Channels of WP, IB, SL - some do (Martyr's Blessing, HtL, Retribution), some don't (Divine Assault, Grudge-Born Fury, Rune of Absorption). So technically speaking interruption was doable but not for every channeling ability.
If you know the the correct id of those channels, pls post them.
Afaik, it may be technically possible, but practically impossible, due to the fact that you cannot get the correct id.
I mean i tried to copy id from my order/destro channels and put it to opposite side char NB queue on interrupt skill, but it did not work.
Also some channels are dot on enemies, others are selfbuffs.
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45369&p=481873#p481873

Read this. But even if you see such buff on a player it doesn't necessarily mean they are casting it - HTL buff is the same for caster and affected allies. Martyr's Blessing buff looks also the same. There must be something else, if it exists.

And how are you going to apply this knowledge?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Avelinna

Post#43 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:48 am

I think the population is in a sorry state due to external factors. New World has been massively sucessful and a lot of players will be there just now. They will slowly trickle back when the initial novelty wears off. May take a month or two. I think we need another twitch drop event to get people engaged. The Ekrund event killed off a lot of players interest i was one of them i hardly played while it was on rvr didnt happen during that dreadful event.

Scottx125

Post#44 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:54 pm Classe imbalances is the most concern for the pop downfall. Ppl just get tired of waiting and leave.
This is a major concern of mine. The devs will never be able to produce content to keep people constantly interested, they don't have the time or resources. They should focus on ORvR, PvE dungeons and normal SC's. The main avenues of player repeatable content and try to make them as fun as possible for as long as possible. Whilst mitigating sources of player resentment/dissatisfaction such as class balance, engine performance and server lag. Though we've been told that major class balance isn't happening, engine work would take too long and I'm suspect that the server has been downgraded since we had the 2000 peak players, can't blame them because running a server is probably expensive, but it hurts the player experience during prime time.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

abezverkhiy

Post#45 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm
oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:54 pm Classe imbalances is the most concern for the pop downfall. Ppl just get tired of waiting and leave.
This is a major concern of mine. The devs will never be able to produce content to keep people constantly interested, they don't have the time or resources. They should focus on ORvR, PvE dungeons and normal SC's. The main avenues of player repeatable content and try to make them as fun as possible for as long as possible. Whilst mitigating sources of player resentment/dissatisfaction such as class balance, engine performance and server lag. Though we've been told that major class balance isn't happening, engine work would take too long and I'm suspect that the server has been downgraded since we had the 2000 peak players, can't blame them because running a server is probably expensive, but it hurts the player experience during prime time.
You sound like a funeral director
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Scottx125

Post#46 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:14 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm
You sound like a funeral director
Just a realist, but I do funerals too :lol:.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Wiede

Post#47 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:36 am

I would play forever if i had more grind fashion goals... Mounts, trophies and stuff

Edith: and dont forget weapon gfx... T2 elf epicquest shoulders are a must have cause flashy effect with buff 😬

Acidic

Post#48 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:21 am

I do not believe that “balance” as such is a issue that drives population as such but is a factor for parts of the community in different ways.

Competing players tend to switch sides/ classes to get the edge
RP players it is a quality of life thing
Players with a specific bent to class or realm also a quality of life thing
New players it has little effect as they are not optimizing thier play to the level needed to realize the imbalance

So I don’t believe directly class balance is affecting the population as I would expect.

I believe that the balance discution or lack of is more affecting the population. The forums lived for balance threads and proposals, This has changed and balance feels like it is further from normal players and this is causing player lack of engagement and followed by easier to leave the game.

I personally think the feedback and open discution son balance from the masses is a significant problem . The introduction of the realm champs is a direct part of this. I am a strong believer that a game that involves the masses directly with the balance talks gains the player investment and loyalty. Hiding this to a select group and dumping changes in blobs removes this bond between game, dev and players.
This bond is the way to get loyal players.

I do understand that the nature of how balance was done costs devs effort , creates wars and emotions in the player base but that emotion is what creates the bond.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#49 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:38 am

Restricting harmless fashionhammer to close to non existant without real reason and further away ror gets from live rr 80 (with lotd but without lotd talismans) is slowly killing RoR. And realm champs/how balance is done is too quiet/restricted to yes men and imo bad explanations or no explanations why something is changed/done is not good.

This all feels like "if you are not part of the inner circle go away" and not sure where this stems from but probably devs and whoever makling changes is not good at the game or does not even really play the game. This is based on nothing but my own suspicions and some of treatment ive received.

Defining how you want to play ror should come from the players themsevles and all modes of playing should be encouraged (but pvp/rvr should be balanced from rvr perspective mostly, but ofc taking 1-6 player "modes" to account which is what most of the players really want, good small scale rvr and small scale pvp

Who actually enjoys 24 aoe cap or 6v6 ranked with shield dok/wp ?

EDIT; It also feels like there DEF is some addon in the game like NB because it does not feel like a coincidence after u pay attention to how fast certain things are interrupted. Feels like computer fast reactions too often.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Kpi

Post#50 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 am

I was a big defender of NB, but i'm not missing it with the new sequencer. I'm playing better since i'm not using the NB.

If the population lost is about the NB ban, i hope they dont return.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+