Recent Topics

Ads

Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#31 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:46 am

tazdingo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:42 am bg is totally playable. i initially dropped 3 debuffs and then slowly started working them back in. shatter is still rough but it'll happen. i dont think nb was cheating, but it is gone. the devs haven't really gone back on a single decision in over 8 years
I don't mean them to. I can live without it. But my opinion- killing it was a stupid move that brought ugly consequences.
Sulorie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:15 am
abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:48 am And sequencer is and will be crap until the moment it can skip cooldowns.
Newest version afaik skips cool down. The thing is, potions still don't work, as the are not considered skills.
Thank you mate. Missed that. Really helpful. Thank you again.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
penagos22

Post#32 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:53 am

two things:
1- custom boring careers.
2- nb ban.

Uncas23

Post#33 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:12 am

People should stop this "oMg, ThE sErVeR iS dYiNg BeCaUsE iT lOsT 10% pOpUlAtIoN" mentality. Another wrong assumption is that more players=better.

In my opinion this game would be better with less players. First of all it reduces lag. But more importantly it would make the community much better. If anyone played a low population game before he knows that the people are much nicer in that environment. I noticed that this game has kind of the mass game mentality. Hopefully it will stop.

Evilspinnre

Post#34 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:31 am

RvR has been booming the past few weeks during EU primetime, the population seems good to be during those times. A lot of EU guilds have returned, especially on destro.

NA hours are an issue yes, a lot did go to New World - give it 3 months.

The average daily population is over double what it was when I started playing in 2019.

Regarding NB - a sequencer with conditional checks (having a channel interrupted immediately) had no place in the game. To me half the challenge of the game is selecting a rotation, mindless mashing 1 button is boring AF.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

BeautfulToad

Post#35 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:28 am

I prefer more not less players, but certainly bag rolls in EU primetime are much fewer than offpeak times. You do get some epic fights though.

Main issue with lower player count is that all zones are open. This means there are a lot of empty keep sieges. Maybe something to think about.

forsa

Post#36 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:42 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:31 am Regarding NB - a sequencer with conditional checks (having a channel interrupted immediately) had no place in the game. To me half the challenge of the game is selecting a rotation, mindless mashing 1 button is boring AF.
Smashes 1 button mindlessly. A wild NB expert appears!

There never was any conditional checks for interrupting channel, stop spreading this bs.

And NB never was mashing 1 button( except in pve for tank mb). It always was about building sequence with common dmg skills. Nobody would put KB/punt/silence/detaunt and strike for x damage on 1 button.
DD benefited most as there was FACING condition, sou you could not bother about 0.5 sec window to Spine Crush/GFDSS/impale/AW/ etc.
Another thing is Shatter Ench/Bless that worked with NB and do not work with Seq. Same for finishers.

Omegus

Post#37 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:20 pm

forsa wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:42 amThere never was any conditional checks for interrupting channel, stop spreading this bs.
I thought this too, then realised that lots of channels (all?) place a buff on the person doing the channel and those buffs can be read by NerfedButtons. So while there's no "official" way for the add-on system to check for casts and channels, the buff information sent from the server should allow a user to detect most channels (not casts though).

I haven't tested to see if those channel buffs are only sent to the person doing the channel or if they are also sent to people who have that person targeted, but that's a moot point now that NB is banned.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

abezverkhiy

Post#38 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm

Channels of WH (Trial by Pain), Eng (Focused Fire) do not give any specific buffs. Channels of WP, IB, SL - some do (Martyr's Blessing, HtL, Retribution), some don't (Divine Assault, Grudge-Born Fury, Rune of Absorption). So technically speaking interruption was doable but not for every channeling ability.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
forsa

Post#39 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:55 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm Channels of WH (Trial by Pain), Eng (Focused Fire) do not give any specific buffs. Channels of WP, IB, SL - some do (Martyr's Blessing, HtL, Retribution), some don't (Divine Assault, Grudge-Born Fury, Rune of Absorption). So technically speaking interruption was doable but not for every channeling ability.
If you know the the correct id of those channels, pls post them.
Afaik, it may be technically possible, but practically impossible, due to the fact that you cannot get the correct id.
I mean i tried to copy id from my order/destro channels and put it to opposite side char NB queue on interrupt skill, but it did not work.
Also some channels are dot on enemies, others are selfbuffs.

babanovac

Post#40 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 pm

I haven't played in many months already, but i always thought i would come back. I'm not even playing anything else.

But they nerfed the dps WP and it's now basically unplayable, so whenever i think about logging in i remember that i can't play the way i always have, and i just give up.

I read the patch notes every now and then. If i get a buff in the future, i might try playing again.