Recent Topics

Ads

Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
mekal

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#71 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 am

Countless suggestions to spice up rvr completely thrown out

As someone else said the new cities/dungeons are cool and all but basically just eye candy

The grind is plain ridiculous people Max out one char then create ALTs only to realizes they have to city/fort log to make meaningful progress all over again

Ranked focus on a server with less than 1k stable pop

The game forces you to do content you may not enjoy just to gear up

at the end of WAR mythic had an amazing idea to implement universal currency which allowed players to make progress doing things they actually wanted to

Ads
GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#72 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:15 am

mekal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:46 am Countless suggestions to spice up rvr completely thrown out

As someone else said the new cities/dungeons are cool and all but basically just eye candy

The grind is plain ridiculous people Max out one char then create ALTs only to realizes they have to city/fort log to make meaningful progress all over again

Ranked focus on a server with less than 1k stable pop

The game forces you to do content you may not enjoy just to gear up

at the end of WAR mythic had an amazing idea to implement universal currency which allowed players to make progress doing things they actually wanted to
What content are you forced to do that you may not want? I haven't ran into anything like that.
I do agree, the amount of emblems, coins and medallions is confusing and the community would benefit greatly if we just had ONE currency to focus on that's used to buy everything, with just having different amounts required along with specific Ranks and RR to get it.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

mekal

Post#73 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:25 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:15 am
What content are you forced to do that you may not want? I haven't ran into anything like that.
I do agree, the amount of emblems, coins and medallions is confusing and the community would benefit greatly if we just had ONE currency to focus on that's used to buy everything, with just having different amounts required along with specific Ranks and RR to get it.
Rvr players might not like sc, sc players might not like pve, pve players might not like rvr but those players are forced into doing that content to get the gear they need for certain specs

100% agree though one currency that drops from ALL content would be a massive boon to the server allowing people to spend their precious time doing something they enjoy all it would need is scaled up cost for gear

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#74 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:33 am

mekal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:25 am Rvr players might not like sc, sc players might not like pve, pve players might not like rvr but those players are forced into doing that content to get the gear they need for certain specs

100% agree though one currency that drops from ALL content would be a massive boon to the server allowing people to spend their precious time doing something they enjoy all it would need is scaled up cost for gear
I disagree.
I tend to avoid SCs because of Premades. It's pointless to throw yourself against a particular brick wall where you just don't feel GOOD playing. So I don't. I'm not forced to do them in any way, shape or form. Not once.

Secondly, this is an RvR Game. Kind of silly to be here if you don't like RvR. :mrgreen:

My point here is, not once in levelling my main or my alts, did I ever feel forced to do something I don't want to do. I think you might be confusing some avenues that may be a more optimal means to an end, but nothing except RvR in an RvR game is actually required. And even that, you can just not do if you don't feel like it that particular day/night.

Has the Team been open to the wider idea of 1 overall currency gained by everything so we can pick and choose what we do for what we want?
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

mekal

Post#75 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:33 am
I disagree.
I tend to avoid SCs because of Premades. It's pointless to throw yourself against a particular brick wall where you just don't feel GOOD playing. So I don't. I'm not forced to do them in any way, shape or form. Not once.

Secondly, this is an RvR Game. Kind of silly to be here if you don't like RvR. :mrgreen:

My point here is, not once in levelling my main or my alts, did I ever feel forced to do something I don't want to do. I think you might be confusing some avenues that may be a more optimal means to an end, but nothing except RvR in an RvR game is actually required. And even that, you can just not do if you don't feel like it that particular day/night.
OK you avoid sc because of premades all good and fine but what about the people that don't some actually enjoy the more skill based gameplay unfortunately for them though they can not gear "main spec" without...again doing something they may or may not enjoy

Im sure you would find it annoying if you HAD to do sc for the gear you needed

On a side note rvr is basically dead very rarely are there decent fights its just player vs door

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#76 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 am

mekal wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 am
OK you avoid sc because of premades all good and fine but what about the people that don't some actually enjoy the more skill based gameplay unfortunately for them though they can not gear "main spec" without...again doing something they may or may not enjoy

Im sure you would find it annoying if you HAD to do sc for the gear you needed

On a side note rvr is basically dead very rarely are there decent fights its just player vs door
Are you saying that Scenarios are more skill based gameplay? I wholeheartedly disagree. No skill in an optimally-geared Pre-made rolling an under-geared PUG. None. Ever. In any way. And it's still not required.
I guess we're going to just disagree. It's a matter of what gameplay you place more value on to what you feel is required. And it's all opinion. You find some things required, and I have never felt forced to do anything I don't want to in this game, ever.

I say we work on getting that "One Currency For All Gameplay" together. I think everyone in the community could agree on and stand behind a change like that. :mrgreen:
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

abezverkhiy

Post#77 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am

Hey guys. I don't know how many of you play New World but I spent some time reading about it. Unfortunately, there's no demo to play but loads of feedback to make some conclusions. So what I say below is based on others feedback, I am a bit lazy to dump another 50 bucks on something questionable:

- quests are very boring. Kill 10 boars, gather 10 tusks
- servers quickly became inbalanced effectively killing world pvp. Players join majority faction as there is no difference between them
- certain (not all) craft professions are boring
- not everyone is happy with no class system
- pvp is heavily melee skewed. Ranged specs are very much unplayable due to aiming mechanics
- technical issues with low fps and lags.

So if this is all turns true there should be quick rebound in numbers of those who went to play NW. Again, this is based not on my personal experience but rather feedback of others.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#78 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:20 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am Hey guys. I don't know how many of you play New World but I spent some time reading about it. Unfortunately, there's no demo to play but loads of feedback to make some conclusions. So what I say below is based on others feedback, I am a bit lazy to dump another 50 bucks on something questionable:

- quests are very boring. Kill 10 boars, gather 10 tusks
- servers quickly became inbalanced effectively killing world pvp. Players join majority faction as there is no difference between them
- certain (not all) craft professions are boring
- not everyone is happy with no class system
- pvp is heavily melee skewed. Ranged specs are very much unplayable due to aiming mechanics
- technical issues with low fps and lags.

So if this is all turns true there should be quick rebound in numbers of those who went to play NW. Again, this is based not on my personal experience but rather feedback of others.
Yeah I hear the same things. Was never interested anyways, but I've been enjoying laughing at some videos....
Just look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ypC-pLpOCI

Don't worry....people will be back pretty quick. lol
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
mekal

Post#79 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:29 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 am
Are you saying that Scenarios are more skill based gameplay? I wholeheartedly disagree. No skill in an optimally-geared Pre-made rolling an under-geared PUG. None. Ever. In any way. And it's still not required.
I guess we're going to just disagree. It's a matter of what gameplay you place more value on to what you feel is required. And it's all opinion. You find some things required, and I have never felt forced to do anything I don't want to in this game, ever.

I say we work on getting that "One Currency For All Gameplay" together. I think everyone in the community could agree on and stand behind a change like that. :mrgreen:
smallscale requires deeper knowledge of game mechanics and skill interaction since you dont have a zerg to fall back on

no one is physically forcing you to do anything of course but check out these item stats vanquisher is from rvr where oppressor is from sc you can try to dps with vanq but at that point youre just a hindrance to your team same with healing in opp so if you want to be capable at all yes you are basically forced into doing something
Spoiler:
you are right though currency is the bigger issue and could quickly solve all of this

inoeth
Suspended

Post#80 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:03 am

Alubert wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 am
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:17 am Sequencer works just fine as a replacement for NB.

You can't program in conditionals? Oh well, pay attention to the fight and hit the buttons yourself. Sequencers allows "use of 6 or more abilities firing off at a certain order for the class to work" just fine.

They got rid of the ability to spam one macro and have it always perform the best action because it took all thought and skill away from playing the game. If you took time to program NB right it literally turned the entire game into a one button fires 20 conditional actions affair.

If NB going away and the addition of Sequencer in its place "broke the game" for some people, too bad. You can still limit your actions to five or six keys without using things like PlanB, even on the tanks with 20 abilities. Having to pay attention and knowing when to use certain abilities SHOULD be part of succeeding at a game; having the ability to reduce your input to spamming your 1 button and running circles around your target isn't playing the game.
No matter what you write about NB and the sequencer. I don't care that your attitude towards NB is what it is.
The result is that from a population of about 1200-1500 ppl shrunk to 800 max in the blink of an eye.
I think that you should aim for the largest possible player population and not the other way around by coming up with such silly ideas as eliminating NB and others. Especially since EVERYONE could use NB. If you didn't want to, it's your problem, not others.

Sequencer does not solve the problem. It would have to have several conditions added to it to work. Like the condition with overlapping dots. Like a condition that would skip an ability when it can't be used (abilities that require parry, be behind the target, etc). Like potions.
or simply gitgut l2p /shrug