Recent Topics

Ads

Summer over. When will population come back?

Let's talk about... everything else
inoeth
Suspended

Re: Summer over. When will population come back?

Post#51 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:17 am

normanis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:46 pm ppl will play new world and than come back, because this is best pvp game. where ather game u need take keeps. there was in age of conan byt never been applied. also pve is good here in ror.
the best pvp game is DAoC!

Ads
Sulorie

Post#52 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

inoeth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:17 am
normanis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:46 pm ppl will play new world and than come back, because this is best pvp game. where ather game u need take keeps. there was in age of conan byt never been applied. also pve is good here in ror.
the best pvp game is DAoC!
The moment I watch someone streaming daoc, my eye's bleed. :)
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#53 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:58 am

Gated gear (invader and above locked to "have to be on line" to have a viable chance to complete the sets)

NB Ban
-= Agony =-

mynban

Post#54 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:46 am

3pm Ocenia saturday population 300...

It is not even half of what it used to be same time.

DirkDaring

Post#55 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:25 am

All games have players that leave, and return, I`ve seen it in many mmo`s over the last 20 years, RoR is no different. So far RoR has lost around 600 players, maybe more, maybe less but around there.

The reasons why players leave can be multiple things, friends they played with are no longer playing, or game feels stagnant, and they are bored, it may be a new shiny game they want to try out to have the fun of experiencing what they felt when they first played here, or other reasons etc.

I have taken several breaks here, I played for 4 years on live, found this server in Jan 2016, and since then have taken 3 or 4 breaks, the last was for a year, just returned a week ago.

Will some of the 600 ish players that left return? sure, they always do, but it`s normally not the amount that left, that come back. most of the time you will have maybe 20 or 30% of those that left come back.
Some will return ever so often to see who`s still playing, or for nostalgia reasons etc, or that they just miss the game.

Hopefully more come back in the coming months, but not sure how long i`ll even be back this time. I logged off tonight, as didn`t see a reason to push a 1 star IC, and PvDoor empty keeps, for 200 renown on a zone lock, with no one to fight, as no defenders. Decided to just watch TV instead .
Last edited by DirkDaring on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orgruk

Post#56 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:36 am

inoeth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:17 am the best RvR game is DAoC!
Just fixed some typo :mrgreen:

Btw, people that are still in game are enjoying it, otherwise they would'nt be there. Shouldn't it be enough ? :geek:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

abezverkhiy

Post#57 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:04 am

Orgruk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:36 am people that are still in game are enjoying it, otherwise they would'nt be there. Shouldn't it be enough ? :geek:
Yes, we do. But we are concerned. My experience from today - logged in to see 25-99 Order vs 10-24 Destro. This was the whole RvR population. Time was:
AU Saturday 10am+
US Friday 7pm+
EU Friday 11pm+

Where the hell are all the people? In March-May I saw 25-99 vs 25-99 in two pairings simultaneously or even 100-199 vs 100-199 in two pairings. Now we have leftovers of what it was before.

Tell me stories about lockdowns, Burning Crusade, New World but I will not buy them because they are past stories. I rather want to hear devs team ideas on how to retain population in future and hell we will be happy to hear them and discuss. We are not a bunch of lemmings rolling for bags. If you take a look at birthdays sections you will see that mean birthday is around 35+. We can work together but we do not hear anything from team. Wargr is the only one holding the line, everyone else including communication officers cave somewhere. Come on lads, stop hiding and pretending that business is as usual.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Alubert

Post#58 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:17 am Sequencer works just fine as a replacement for NB.

You can't program in conditionals? Oh well, pay attention to the fight and hit the buttons yourself. Sequencers allows "use of 6 or more abilities firing off at a certain order for the class to work" just fine.

They got rid of the ability to spam one macro and have it always perform the best action because it took all thought and skill away from playing the game. If you took time to program NB right it literally turned the entire game into a one button fires 20 conditional actions affair.

If NB going away and the addition of Sequencer in its place "broke the game" for some people, too bad. You can still limit your actions to five or six keys without using things like PlanB, even on the tanks with 20 abilities. Having to pay attention and knowing when to use certain abilities SHOULD be part of succeeding at a game; having the ability to reduce your input to spamming your 1 button and running circles around your target isn't playing the game.
No matter what you write about NB and the sequencer. I don't care that your attitude towards NB is what it is.
The result is that from a population of about 1200-1500 ppl shrunk to 800 max in the blink of an eye.
I think that you should aim for the largest possible player population and not the other way around by coming up with such silly ideas as eliminating NB and others. Especially since EVERYONE could use NB. If you didn't want to, it's your problem, not others.

Sequencer does not solve the problem. It would have to have several conditions added to it to work. Like the condition with overlapping dots. Like a condition that would skip an ability when it can't be used (abilities that require parry, be behind the target, etc). Like potions.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Omegus

Post#59 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:51 am

Alubert wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 amSequencer does not solve the problem. It would have to have several conditions added to it to work. Like the condition with overlapping dots. Like a condition that would skip an ability when it can't be used (abilities that require parry, be behind the target, etc). Like potions.
Those conditions you're listed are the exact reasons why NB was banned. Agree with it or not, asking for features to be added to the sequencer that enable conditional checks probably won't happen otherwise what was the point of banning NB to begin with?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Talladego

Post#60 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:01 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:51 am
Alubert wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:42 amSequencer does not solve the problem. It would have to have several conditions added to it to work. Like the condition with overlapping dots. Like a condition that would skip an ability when it can't be used (abilities that require parry, be behind the target, etc). Like potions.
Those conditions you're listed are the exact reasons why NB was banned. Agree with it or not, asking for features to be added to the sequencer that enable conditional checks probably won't happen otherwise what was the point of banning NB to begin with?
Blocked, not banned there's a difference. And not really blocked anyway.