Recent Topics

Ads

help-building pc for ROR

Let's talk about... everything else
penagos22

help-building pc for ROR

Post#1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm

Guys, I am trying to build an optimal PC to play ROR, I have read that people have performance problems with very new components, so I would like to build a computer with older components that can run the game with the best graphics possible, then I would like to know what you recommend me to buy.

Ads
Xirucio

Re: help-building pc for ROR

Post#2 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Try to get the fastest single core CPU on the market that you can afford:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:51 am

Make sure you get a SSD and put the game on it. Or you could also get a bit more RAM and put the gave on a RAM drive.

Though the game is old and runs on a potato, the main thing will be your addons and other settings, there's a thread about optimizating these on the forum.

Running it on Apple's M1 chip should be pretty sweet.. Best chip on market and UNIX based :o
Have anyone tried it?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Phantasm

Post#4 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 am

penagos22 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm Guys, I am trying to build an optimal PC to play ROR, I have read that people have performance problems with very new components, so I would like to build a computer with older components that can run the game with the best graphics possible, then I would like to know what you recommend me to buy.
I changed few times GPU in past 5 years of RoR. From my experience any GPU above radeon rx 580 or geforce 1060 will be overpower.
I play with 3440x1440 monitor, a lot of addons and Reshade enabled. Currently with gtx 1070 and card is bored.
Most important part is like guy above said single core performance CPU. I`m totally happy with ryzen 5 5600x.

mynban

Post#5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am

Main component you need is a razor naga mouse. No other component will not come nowhere near close to the difference that one item makes.

It is not just the buttons, but the inbuilt mouse macro system combined with it that makes it insane.

If I were to compare it difference is like trying to code in notepad with plaintext and no autocomplete, vs VS Code where you have color coded auto formatting, autocompleting code writing.

penagos22

Post#6 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:33 am

Phantasm wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 am
penagos22 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 pm Guys, I am trying to build an optimal PC to play ROR, I have read that people have performance problems with very new components, so I would like to build a computer with older components that can run the game with the best graphics possible, then I would like to know what you recommend me to buy.
I changed few times GPU in past 5 years of RoR. From my experience any GPU above radeon rx 580 or geforce 1060 will be overpower.
I play with 3440x1440 monitor, a lot of addons and Reshade enabled. Currently with gtx 1070 and card is bored.
Most important part is like guy above said single core performance CPU. I`m totally happy with ryzen 5 5600x.
and how about a ryzen 3 3200?

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 am

penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:33 am
Phantasm wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 am
and how about a ryzen 3 3200?
Going to assume you mean the 3 3200G, in which case if you're not getting a dedicated GPU, spend some extra to get a better APU, like; 3 3400G, 5 4650G, 5 5200G or 5 5600G.

Then if money is tight get a cheap 120-500 gb SSD (sometimes the 500gb are nor much more), then get either a single fast 8gb stick of RAM (so you can upgrade later to 16) or get 2x4gb (for slightly better performance but more expensive to upgrade).

This should land you in the 300-500 price range and be quite good for the money.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

sunshinefuntime

Post#8 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:20 pm

mynban wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am Main component you need is a razor naga mouse. No other component will not come nowhere near close to the difference that one item makes.

It is not just the buttons, but the inbuilt mouse macro system combined with it that makes it insane.

If I were to compare it difference is like trying to code in notepad with plaintext and no autocomplete, vs VS Code where you have color coded auto formatting, autocompleting code writing.
Few will recoginize the gravity and truth of this post. :)

Ads
Xirucio

Post#9 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:35 pm

mynban wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:34 am Main component you need is a razor naga mouse. No other component will not come nowhere near close to the difference that one item makes.

Nagas are not exactly known for their durability and i speak from experience in the sense that i managed to worn out two models over the years. They both suffered from the same dreaded double click disease. I may recomend instead a Corsair Scimitar, same functions but more sturdy and i hope more durable.(german quality)

Husti

Post#10 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:10 pm

Xirucio wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 pm Try to get the fastest single core CPU on the market that you can afford:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
No, don't do that. It's a waste of money.

CPU: Always look a performane/price ratio. There are tons of good cpus that are in the 200-250 $ range. I like the AMD Ryzen CPUs but Intel is also fine. Im happy with the Ryzen 5 3600 that has low power consumption. U don't need many cores, you want single thread performance. See link from Xirucio above. Most CPUs will do.
CPU-Cooler: Get a real fat one with large fan(s). Also get silver heat paste.
Mainboard: ASUS or MSI. B450 or B550 is enough. They are pretty cheap and have no active chipset cooling which is noisy. I prefer ASUS. Never had problems with any ASUS mainboard. But be careful, the cheaper ASUS boards have also cheaper components. I bought an ASUS TUF Gaming B550 which happen to have a really bad sound chip.
RAM: Take a RAM that is in mainboards supported RAM list. Faster is better of course. Don't look at the MHZ only, also look at the timings. Take what's in your budget.
HDD: NVMe ssd, usually Samsung EVO.
GPU: Whatever you can get at a reasonable price will do. Don't waste too much money on this. They will be a lot cheaper in a year or two. Better upgrade later. Get a GPU with big heatsink and big fans - small heatsink and small fans = noisy.
Case: Get a silent one with insulation on the metal parts. e.g. one from BeQuiet
Power Unit: Get a strong one for future GPUs and CPUs. Get one with high efficiency.

Cheers.