Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pulling thru walls, and off walls in keeps.

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Re: Choppa pulling thru walls, and off walls in keeps.

Post#31 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:53 pm

So, without gtdc chopper will not reach range dps, so better let the range dps no chance to get away?

Not sure about your gameplay, but please tell me, without just spamming instants like dot's and boiling blood, can you tell me how you would maintain your casts with 1sec,2sec or even 3sec cast time? What do you think how much time a chopper needs to get close enough for a brainless pull? What about the idea that if a range dps is doing wrong if a chopper is that close. But a chopper makes something wrong if he engages a range dps on max range?

GTDC is the most effective gap closer in the game, within 1-2 seconds you charge in range, does not need to make any targeting and is aoe. It doesn't give a sh.. about x, z, y axis, los or walls.Lags improve the experience while pounces from other classes let you land nowhere nere your target. Fetch from Lion is unusable as long as your target is moving and a marauder needs to stand still to close a gap?

And what about other mdps? Choppa needs a gap closer and slayer not? Oh yes, ID and rampage...veeery usefull if you couldn't catch up with kite classes...

At least Witch and Witchhunter are able to snare at 65ft range! But...as you told, every range dps that is so incredible dump to get closer then 100ft range just deserves to die....

Cherry on top is, a Chopper doesn't even have to deal with RUN AWAY!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Collision

Post#32 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Choppa pull is too much OP dev change it for a rampage like skill

Sulorie

Post#33 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm

It's not even in the same skill tree let alone equally high in their tree. Why compare rampage with GTDC?
Dying is no option.

Everdin

Post#34 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Destro comparing everything with rampage, they don't have anything else to complain
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

BeautfulToad

Post#35 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:33 pm

The OP describes what sounds like a bug tbh, and some spots on outer walls in the lakes are still in range for GTDC and leap. Probably a bug fix needed here
Sulorie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm It's not even in the same skill tree let alone equally high in their tree. Why compare rampage with GTDC?
Main difference between aoe spec slayer and aoe spec choppa is GTDC and rampage. FWIW I think destro overrate rampage, but there probably does needs better explanation of the purpose of GTDC and work out how it can be implemented well.

Parallell86

Post#36 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:53 pm So, without gtdc chopper will not reach range dps, so better let the range dps no chance to get away?

Not sure about your gameplay, but please tell me, without just spamming instants like dot's and boiling blood, can you tell me how you would maintain your casts with 1sec,2sec or even 3sec cast time? What do you think how much time a chopper needs to get close enough for a brainless pull? What about the idea that if a range dps is doing wrong if a chopper is that close. But a chopper makes something wrong if he engages a range dps on max range?

So youre casting abilities are mindfull and intelligent while GTDC is brainless. Sounds very butthurt and biased to me.

Jokes aside: So youre complaint is that you cant stand still and kill everything endlessly? Ranged vs melee you well damn run. Ranged is supposed to have tanks to protect them anyway. Not my fault you choose a ranged dps to solo roam with. And the situation is the same for destro ranged dealing with SW with the highest range in the game and WLs pouncing them not to mention the lion that no one cant outrun not even my choppa with Charge. The lion pet gives them a kind of ranged KD. But GTDC is op due to 45 feet range OMG.

GTDC is the most effective gap closer in the game, within 1-2 seconds you charge in range, does not need to make any targeting and is aoe. It doesn't give a sh.. about x, z, y axis, los or walls. Wrong. We dont not pull anything through walls. Thats bullcrap. We do however pull you through most places where a WL or an Engi could do the same thing. Engi pull has longer range btw.

And what about other mdps? Choppa needs a gap closer and slayer not? Oh yes, ID and rampage...veeery usefull if you couldn't catch up with kite classes...Slayers are the most popular class in order wb's atm. Dont see why solo roaming is even relevant to them. I dare you suggesting to mirror slayer and choppa to be identical, no Slayer would want that. Then I mean remove Rampage, replace ID with GTDC, you'll enjoy it for a week.
Replied within the quote.

And when it comes to Rampage vs GTDC. I dont want GTDC replaced with Rampage. Rampage is a buff, we need something that deals damage along with it which we wouldnt get anyway. I keep saying I would rather see an aoe dot or something that damage wise can be compared to ID.

Everdin

Post#37 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm
Everdin wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:53 pm So, without gtdc chopper will not reach range dps, so better let the range dps no chance to get away?

So youre casting abilities are mindfull and intelligent while GTDC is brainless. Sounds very butthurt and biased to me.

Jokes aside: So youre complaint is that you cant stand still and kill everything endlessly? Ranged vs melee you well damn run. Ranged is supposed to have tanks to protect them anyway. Not my fault you choose a ranged dps to solo roam with. And the situation is the same for destro ranged dealing with SW with the highest range in the game and WLs pouncing them not to mention the lion that no one cant outrun not even my choppa with Charge. The lion pet gives them a kind of ranged KD. But GTDC is op due to 45 feet range OMG.

GTDC is the most effective gap closer in the game, within 1-2 seconds you charge in range, does not need to make any targeting and is aoe. It doesn't give a sh.. about x, z, y axis, los or walls. Wrong. We dont not pull anything through walls. Thats bullcrap. We do however pull you through most places where a WL or an Engi could do the same thing. Engi pull has longer range btw.

And what about other mdps? Choppa needs a gap closer and slayer not? Oh yes, ID and rampage...veeery usefull if you couldn't catch up with kite classes...Slayers are the most popular class in order wb's atm. Dont see why solo roaming is even relevant to them. I dare you suggesting to mirror slayer and choppa to be identical, no Slayer would want that. Then I mean remove Rampage, replace ID with GTDC, you'll enjoy it for a week.
Replied within the quote.

And when it comes to Rampage vs GTDC. I dont want GTDC replaced with Rampage. Rampage is a buff, we need something that deals damage along with it which we wouldnt get anyway. I keep saying I would rather see an aoe dot or something that damage wise can be compared to ID.
Yep, without any constraint i think gtdc is the most brainless ability compared to it's impact (every other normal aoe without target pick is same level of brainless). You don't have to think about anything just run and pull, no tradeoff, no mechanic. If I hurt you with that, that wasn't my purpose, maybe you are a very good and versatile chopper player - it's only about the abilty.

Not sure why you think that SW has most Range of all classes, sh with gas pet reach more range (115) with it's anytimer then SW with scout stance (110). With less common abilitys magus & engi reach 150ft.

Any pounce no matter if WE, SH, WL, SW or SM has horrible target landing. As mentioned, you need a lot of luck to pull a moving target with the lion, only way is to kock it down before. (but..yes with a tactic that only benefit is lion speed the pet will always hit you, but it doesn't help with the pull).

Every other pulling class has to stand still for a while for pull, and I never got pulled through floors or stairs by A Marauder/Magus/Engi/Lion, but definietly by choppas (like many others, thats the reason for this thread btw).

Regarding getting pulled from walls, I only can speak for me, but i was never pulled from a wall by anything else then a chopper, and while this is not the fault of the chopper, most them just use it on cooldown like in every other situation, it is something that need to be changed, because there were a lot of effort to reduce this issue for other classes, going so far that even a small hill that you can normaly walk up will prevent the lionpet to pull someone.

Pouncing up a wall is the same and should be looked it. It shouldn't be possible to jump a vertical wall with a lion while you cant even jump on a 3 ft big rock.

Slayer is the most pobular class because the other order mdps suck in most large scale situations.

And no, I don't think Slayer should get gtdc instead of ID, i fully concur with you that gtdc should be removed from the game and choppa should get whatever you want - because, what i say before it is a stupid, braindead ability.
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

Dan666

Post#38 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:56 pm

is funny to ear some range dps with also a range knockdown ability complaining about the weak dps choppa , i have np you remove this useless pull for a bleeding dot and have rampage np with me and i`m pretty sure any choppa will complaine . but dont comeback complaing after you lost city again a choppa zerg ball , choppa dont need GTDC too pull you back , choppa will just have to run after you using a 30 or 35 feet aoe ability with flanking because you chicken out of the fight and run, remove the pull np , now you will die from a dot , and will comeback here crying about the most weak class in the game , the fact are most class have some ability that bypass the wall in this game some really hurt , othe rlike the choppa are just annoying,

order want the pull remove from gtdc np with me and my brother choppa he are all agree , give us rampage and a bleed effect to GTDC thank you everyone is agree life is great :D waiting for this change next patch :lol:

Ads
Orgruk

Post#39 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:39 am

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:04 pm And when it comes to Rampage vs GTDC. I dont want GTDC replaced with Rampage. Rampage is a buff, we need something that deals damage along with it which we wouldnt get anyway. I keep saying I would rather see an aoe dot or something that damage wise can be compared to ID.

Agree here, that's why I made a proposal like this, and even a poll one year ago, called "Deff Bringa" but nothing changed since. :cry:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

normanis

Post#40 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:58 pm

poor class choppa almost every video choppa spam gtdc (even they dont need it)
if gtdc is removed than very possible rift magus will shine again. look from bright side.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"