Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pulling thru walls, and off walls in keeps.

Let's talk about... everything else
DirkDaring

Choppa pulling thru walls, and off walls in keeps.

Post#1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 pm

I`ve been away a little over a year, and came back yesterday. Earlier today we had several choppas at the keep defense in Pragg, pull people off the outer wall of the keep, over and over, multiple times, even when we tried to move to the far side out of los etc.

There was also squig herders in squig armor, pouncing up onto the outer wall attacking people on the walls, not their pet, but the actual player I counted him pouncing up on the walls at least 6 times in 15 or so min.

Is this by design now, choppas able to pull defenders off of keep walls, and Squig herders in squig armor able to jump up on the outer walls ?

I remember several years ago, when Magnus, and Engies were able to pull people through the keep doors, and it was labeled as an exploit, and players were told to not do it on purpose, and most followed that request by the devs, I think a few abusers doing it after being told not to, were banned temporarily.

So just wondering if this s by design, or just people doing sht because it has not been addressed yet ?

Ads
Dan666

Re: Choppa pulling thru walls, and off walls in keeps.

Post#2 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:57 pm

i invite you to play destro Bright Wizard bypass the wall everyone inside the keep are under a rain of fire and burn alive same with the Engineer fire trap , last time i hide in inside the keep in the corner of the wall and a sw range all my 9000 hp down and i have a healer on me lol

i`m guessing everything that have a big range or radius bypass the wall

idk what the dev have to do to block this maybe double the wall on every keep ?

sure is got a issue with big aoe radius and range

not always easy to code everything :) but still happy to play war

Vri

Post#3 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Dan666 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:57 pm i invite you to play destro Bright Wizard bypass the wall everyone inside the keep are under a rain of fire and burn alive same with the Engineer fire trap , last time i hide in inside the keep in the corner of the wall and a sw range all my 9000 hp down and i have a healer on me lol
This ^

Wraithedge

Post#4 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Part of the problem is the latency between server and client.

Server always wins. Client just has to do its best and it can look really strange.

Early on I noticed that skills with ranges of 5 feet were landing from 20 feet away. Teh reason was that I had been in range for even the barest fraction an instant and the server had a note that I was supposed to have that effect on me.

So when it got around to manifesting that effect I was well away from the person but that didn't matter, server said I was suppose to be slowed or snared and stunned, and by gum I was going to be no matter where I was.

I have seen this effect in BW and SORC as well. Target someone for an explosive something or other, cast the spell, meter runs, target ducks back inside the keep. But too late, the server says that person got hit so the attack flies through the door, the wall, everything to explode on them and everyone around them.

Server says you got pulled and when it gets around to applying that effect on you there might be a wall there, you might be somewhere else or doing something else but it doesn’t matter, yer getting pulled. Server always wins and the client just sort of shrugs and does what it is told.

I kind of wish there was another check to determine if you were still in range, target-able, valid whatever and if that check fails the effect is just canceled. But that would effectively double the required processing for every action.

Its a bummer but outside of some outside-the-box elegant programming, I don’t think there is anything that can be done.

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Vri wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:10 pm
Dan666 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:57 pm i invite you to play destro Bright Wizard bypass the wall everyone inside the keep are under a rain of fire and burn alive same with the Engineer fire trap , last time i hide in inside the keep in the corner of the wall and a sw range all my 9000 hp down and i have a healer on me lol
This ^
Actually on live I had a 90 shammy, 93 sorc, and a 96 bw, 94 wp, on RoR I have my dest toons I haven`t played since march 2016, but most are 40 lvl, and my toons here, my 80 + bw here, rain of fire sn`t as good as it used to be, they nerfed it along with pit of shades back in 2016 or 2017 I forget, now it has los issues to cast. only thing that would make it hit you like that is the Fan the flames tactic that increases the radius of Rain of fire, and Detonate by 50%.

Used to be able to aoe thru keep doors, but at least for me it never shows it hitting anyone on the otherside of the door, unless the door is down.

space44

Post#6 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:42 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm
This ^
Actually on live I had a 90 shammy, 93 sorc, and a 96 bw, 94 wp, on RoR I have my dest toons I haven`t played since march 2016, but most are 40 lvl, and my toons here, my 80 + bw here, rain of fire sn`t as good as it used to be, they nerfed it along with pit of shades back in 2016 or 2017 I forget, now it has los issues to cast. only thing that would make it hit you like that is the Fan the flames tactic that increases the radius of Rain of fire, and Detonate by 50%.

Used to be able to aoe thru keep doors, but at least for me it never shows it hitting anyone on the otherside of the door, unless the door is down.
having a destro toon you havent played in 5 years. truely the best comeback against a comment telling you to play and experience a faction. your knowledge is equivalents to someone who live under a rock when it comes to the topic of destro lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Parallell86

Post#7 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm
This ^

Slayers have Rampage. Choppas have GTDC. Frankly it isnt much. It pulls people. So we pull people. If you dont want us to pull people. Dont give us a pull to pull people. Replace GTDC with something actually useful. An aoe dot that can be compared to ID for exmaple.

EDIT: Oh and dont pretend you are not just pissy cause we had fun on your expense. You wouldnt be here complaining if you saw a bunch of engineers pulling people down from that wall section.

And third but not last, how can you even compare pulling people through walls with pulling you off the wall? There were no door or wall in between you and me. Air is free mate. GTDC checks for LOS (mostly) and if you expose yourself on a wall that low then any pull in the game can grab you. That goes for the WL who can send the pet up on the wall (magic kitty), Engineer or Magus, right? Thats ok, and you can throw, shoot and do whatever you want but we are not entitled to use the one ability that makes choppa unique. One out of two channeling abilities that gets interrupted CONSTANTLY by the way.
Last edited by Parallell86 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tazdingo

Post#8 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 pm

i always said there should be a legitimate way to pull from walls or jump onto them, keeps suck and ppl keep finding exploits to do it anyway

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 am

@OP
All the stuff you mentioned was "fixed" at some point in the past. It became harder (but not impossible) to leap into keeps. It also became harder to be pulled from walls where the behavior was particularly egregious since it could pull you from several feet away from the edge and/or over the parapets in some cases. And, of course, pulls through walls (like damage through walls) has never been expected behavior.

I would suggest submitting something on the bug tracker if you are seeing this regularly. It sounds like a regression.

SepticDisaster

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 am

And we have SMs and WLs pouncing onto certain spots on the wall in Butchers Pass fortress. Honestly in cases like this I’d say don’t hate the player hate the game, so to speak. Quirky things like this are just part of it.