Recent Topics

Ads

New Player! Choosing sides!

Let's talk about... everything else
Tekneek507

New Player! Choosing sides!

Post#1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Hello! Been wanting to start playing Warhammer, but I cant really decide if I should go Order or Dest. Is there a massive imbalance? Id prefer choosing the side with less players if I wont ruin my chances of gettung solid groups for content.

Will be playing Healer.

Thanks! :)

Ads
space44

Re: New Player! Choosing sides!

Post#2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:38 pm

play destro if you like spikes and being the under dog at the current time of this year. play order if you like feathers and want to come home from work log on and find that you can simply be present in a RvR zone and win.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Evilspinnre

Post#3 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:04 am

Tekneek507 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 pm Hello! Been wanting to start playing Warhammer, but I cant really decide if I should go Order or Dest. Is there a massive imbalance? Id prefer choosing the side with less players if I wont ruin my chances of gettung solid groups for content.

Will be playing Healer.

Depends what time zone you play - in general, play the side that looks the most appealing to you, or roll characters on both sides. The population during EU primetime fluctuates daily based on guild event nights. For NA it seems to swing back and forth over the course of a few weeks.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 am

Tekneek507 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 pm Hello! Been wanting to start playing Warhammer, but I cant really decide if I should go Order or Dest. Is there a massive imbalance? Id prefer choosing the side with less players if I wont ruin my chances of gettung solid groups for content.

Will be playing Healer.

You'll want Destruction then. Always something to do, my experience is it's a much tighter-knit community, always the underdog, and if you roll a Healer like you say you will, you will NEVER find issues getting in groups with anyone.

See you on the field!
WAAAGH!!!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:47 am

Play whatever side you like, and depending on time zone, and what guilds are xrealming etc decides the under dog, and over populated sides.

Right now at 9.45 pm cst NA time zone, the total players online are 297 players, Tier 1 has 42 players in it, the ratio is 74 % dest vs 26% order players, Tier 2 and up has a total of 210 players, the ratio is 49% order to 51% dest players.

Tomorrow, it may be swtched to 51% order to 49% dest etc. depends on how many stars city is, and what toons xrealmers feel like getting gear with lol

Bavradai

Post#6 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:39 am

Will be playing Healer.

Come join us Greenskins! We gots lots of squigs, cleavaz, teefz and shinies you could ever want!
My first character was a Shaman and I'm still playing him. They're an excellently fun class with a few specs to choose from and are notoriously hard to catch and kill.

tazdingo

Post#7 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 pm

here's the truth - EU pop is pretty balanced right now and trending to being slightly destro favoured, NA is very order dominated and has securely been so for a long time. it does not "swing back and forth every few weeks"

space44

Post#8 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:25 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 pm here's the truth - EU pop is pretty balanced right now and trending to being slightly destro favoured, NA is very order dominated and has securely been so for a long time. it does not "swing back and forth every few weeks"
It do be like that tho :c
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
Satirico

Post#9 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:54 am

Have a char in every side, when one is unplayable, go to other.

tazdingo

Post#10 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:58 am

space44 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:25 am
tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:08 pm here's the truth - EU pop is pretty balanced right now and trending to being slightly destro favoured, NA is very order dominated and has securely been so for a long time. it does not "swing back and forth every few weeks"
It do be like that tho :c

when was the last time NA was even slightly swinging destro? the entire server has been order all year but lately destro has been pulling back in EU quite strongly. NA remains order pvdoor