Recent Topics

Ads

population

Let's talk about... everything else
xanadu11

population

Post#1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:28 am

hey squad i was just curious what times do the population peak?

Ads
DirkDaring

Re: population

Post#2 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:15 am

Most of the population is in Europe time zone, and some oceanic, and North American. The population changes a lot over the years, 5 years ago we averaged 1200 players online at peak, during EU prime, and dropped to around 250 to 350 in NA prime.

2 years ago we got up to 3500 players in game, and averaged around 2k or so online on weekends. I took a break for the last year, and came back last Friday. Friday we averaged 650 players, Saturday we were up to 777 , Sunday we were at 571 players , Monday during EU prime we were at 477 players, and Monday night during NA prime we had 275 players on.

Depending on what time zone you play in, there will be a lot on during EU prime weekdays, and on weekends most of the day since people can all be on at roughly the same time.

Right now at 8.15 pm CST NA there are 315 players online.

flux

Post#3 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 am

Oceanic prime time counts are extremely sad lately. We had 165 or so players online the other night and at best just over 300.

mynban

Post#4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 am

flux wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 am Oceanic prime time counts are extremely sad lately. We had 165 or so players online the other night and at best just over 300.
I fear it has to do with people seeing low numbers on home page and not even logging in because of it, and further spiraling it down.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#5 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 pm

634 online says the front page at 2:18pm PST NA
It just goes up and down all day/night....And as it dips really low after midnight PST the EU population starts to come on and gets back up again....
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

skylinx

Post#6 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 pm

its pretty obvious that the home screen population figures are fluffed. i would say the actual population is 75% of what it states. just look yourself when you are online and then see whats happening in game.

for example primetime

800 population.
SoR states up to 199 players for both realms, sometimes 1 dipping over and theres 20% aao. so lets be kind and say thats 400 players total in t2- t4 lakes
scenarios primetime - maybe 2 at one time in t4, lets say 2 active in t2-t4. you can see this as when you queue you get the same order and destro players over and over again even if you try and break that roll and wait 10 mins before entering queue again 10 mins later. very few variations on ppl playing sc at any one time. so we'll say 100 players in sc queue total
no ranked...

that = 500 players, so where's the other 300? city? already accounted for some of those in sc queue. doing pqs? like almost non existant, maybe the odd solo player or duo friends. dungeons - possibly but 40-50 6 man groups doing dungeons primetime in a lovepvp game? i dont think so. lets be fair aswell then and say afk city, pq and dungeons, ch22 also maybe = 100 players primetime

so weve accounted for 600 of the 800 stated on the home page. i cant see the rest or where they are or what they are doing

next time you log in, try and account for population figures. i believe you will come to the same conclusion.

off peak its even more obvious,. states something like 300 players but there no sc at all, no one afk in city. and its roughly 80-50 in the rvr lake, so wheres the other 170 players?

being generous right now i would say 600 peak and 200 off peak, is a lot more realistic. knock 25% off any homepage figures you see

mynban

Post#7 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 pm

skylinx wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 pm ...
You are underestimating power of AFK. But I can agree that real active players are much less than the number on home page.

Vri

Post#8 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:13 am

I thought we did this one just two weeks ago or so...

Ads