Recent Topics

Ads

Nerfed Buttons

Let's talk about... everything else
Grious

Re: Nerfed Buttons

Post#31 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:08 am

Ahh good ol' NB, the issue that will probably never go away. If this is legit, and I hope it is, it just means that the playing field has remained more uneven than ever. Hopefully something positive comes out of this, hell if we are lucky maybe they will actually do something about NB or maybe even -revert- something.

MonkeyHead wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:14 am This isn't going to end well. The only way to stop NB will be to close the API to any addon. You all are going to be very sorry when that happens.

Considering the nightmare that is the pet pathing changes over like the last year (holy crap has it been that long) I am pretty sure this is more likely to happen than actually reverting anything.

Ads
mynban

Post#32 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:29 am

Grious wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:08 am Considering the nightmare that is the pet pathing changes over like the last year (holy crap has it been that long) I am pretty sure this is more likely to happen than actually reverting anything.
holy crap, it really has been a year since pet pathing is broken. I got too used to playin my WL with loner that I totally forgot that pet cant jump over a twig on the ground since they *FIXED* it.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#33 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 am

"I can't play unless I have an add-on that hits all the buttons for me at the right times"

Is that what you're saying? Because that's what it looks like you're saying. :shock:

Why bother? Using an outside source to hit buttons based on in-game, in-the-moment-of-battle-conditionals is wrong. If you don't have the skill to use the abilities when they're needed to be used and can't win because you have to know when to hit x,y,z and you simply don't have that ability, and need NB to do it FOR you, the problem is you. Not balance (even though Order is yet again OP, hence the growing 3:1 ratio). Not Nerfed Buttons or Sequencer. You. And don't use the Order:Destruction career imbalance as the need for NB to "level the playing field". That's just a copout excuse. How is the Team supposed to know there's a power imbalance if "everything's fine when you use NB"? You're simply doing far more harm in the overall longevity and life of the game than any good just because you want, quite literally, an "I win button".

All this about the need for NB is just people covering up for their inability to skillfully play their careers, specs and the game as a whole. That's the flat truth. Just come out and say it. You don't have the reflexes to hit the abilities you need to hit when you need to hit them. Nobody actually cares if you can't. People start caring when you use that lack of ability as an excuse to basically cheat. If you can't play anymore because you don't have an outside source hitting the buttons for you, too bad....I can't believe I'm actually going to say this......but....just learn to play. Everyone else does.

If there's something that I'm missing.....then someone kindly explain.
Calling people "autistic" because they disagree with you is ridiculous. If you can't explain your side without trying to insult someone, then again, just don't bother.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Alfa1986

Post#34 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:57 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:14 am "I can't play unless I have an add-on that hits all the buttons for me at the right times"

Is that what you're saying? Because that's what it looks like you're saying. :shock:

Why bother? Using an outside source to hit buttons based on in-game, in-the-moment-of-battle-conditionals is wrong. If you don't have the skill to use the abilities when they're needed to be used and can't win because you have to know when to hit x,y,z and you simply don't have that ability, and need NB to do it FOR you, the problem is you. Not balance (even though Order is yet again OP, hence the growing 3:1 ratio). Not Nerfed Buttons or Sequencer. You. And don't use the Order:Destruction career imbalance as the need for NB to "level the playing field". That's just a copout excuse. How is the Team supposed to know there's a power imbalance if "everything's fine when you use NB"? You're simply doing far more harm in the overall longevity and life of the game than any good just because you want, quite literally, an "I win button".

All this about the need for NB is just people covering up for their inability to skillfully play their careers, specs and the game as a whole. That's the flat truth. Just come out and say it. You don't have the reflexes to hit the abilities you need to hit when you need to hit them. Nobody actually cares if you can't. People start caring when you use that lack of ability as an excuse to basically cheat. If you can't play anymore because you don't have an outside source hitting the buttons for you, too bad....I can't believe I'm actually going to say this......but....just learn to play. Everyone else does.

If there's something that I'm missing.....then someone kindly explain.
Calling people "autistic" because they disagree with you is ridiculous. If you can't explain your side without trying to insult someone, then again, just don't bother.

Blah blah blah, we have already heard all this a thousand times, as have all those arguments from the opposite side. The question is now completely different, the game existed together with NB for about 13 years, and no one bothered, after the ban of NB the game began to rapidly lose population. How do you propose to return the population if they do not want and refuse to play without returning NB? Capturing empty zones, you know, is somehow not fun, even though you used NB before or you didn't, in the end, everyone lost in this situation: the server lost up to 50% of the population; those who used NB before either left the game or play much less often; those who have not used NB before suffer from a shortage of population, and a lack of competitive battles in the RVR.
This game is very demanding for a certain number of players, after a decrease in which the state of the gameplay becomes critical (empty rvr zones, no protection of castles, it is impossible to find a group in the dungeons, etc.).

PS

THis is about the same as when you came fishing, and you are told that fishing with a rod is wrong, it’s not fair. you have to go into the water up to your waist, stand and wait until the fish swims past, and have time to grab it with your hands).
yes, in general for you it may not matter if you catch this fish or not, your life does not depend on it in any way, you will not die of hunger if you are not lucky, you just like to sit on the river bank with a fishing rod), preferably in a warm suit and with a glass of cognac , that's all.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#35 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:57 am
This game is very demanding for a certain number of players,
So then that IS what you're saying. Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I understood the situation.
FYI I run Warbands frequently...all PUG...always fighting many more Order than us, from zone to zone, Fortress to Fortress and yet we generally usually win until about 3am PST NA when the EU Order zerg logs in and we go to sleep. None of us use NB. :)

Thank you for taking the time to clarify for me. Have a great night!!!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Alfa1986

Post#36 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:19 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:57 am
This game is very demanding for a certain number of players,
So then that IS what you're saying. Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I understood the situation.
FYI I run Warbands frequently...all PUG...always fighting many more Order than us, from zone to zone, Fortress to Fortress and yet we generally usually win until about 3am PST NA when the EU Order zerg logs in and we go to sleep. None of us use NB. :)

Thank you for taking the time to clarify for me. Have a great night!!!
why are you so sure that none in pug warband is using it?
as long as NB is blocked, and the developers are hunting any working version of NB, no one in their right mind will tell that he is using the new version of NB, not that in a random team, but I think that even in own guild.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

abezverkhiy

Post#37 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:57 am...after the ban of NB the game began to rapidly lose population. How do you propose to return the population...?
Focal question perfectly formulated. Looks like they think it is something temporary and they just want to wait it out. Although to me they are more like an ostrich that buries its head in sand.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#38 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Since this has been reported, we will likely have it blocked again relatively soon. No reason to beat this dead horse and get people all riled up. We know we lost a few people, that was expected. The reasons why haven't changed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads