Suspended

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#11 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:27 am

lol

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#12 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 am

first of all, the devs needs to reconsider his attitude towards the players, look at the actions that they have performed over the last six months or a year, and identify the reasons why the game has lost up to 50% of the active population.
my personal opinion is that the game began to lose its active population after the ban of NB. of course there are a bunch of other factors, but this is the main one. When the decision to finally ban NB was not yet made, many here in the community said that this does not threaten anything good, and that the population will decline, the developers linked the population decline with the summer factor (again a mistake).
the summer has passed and the population has not recovered. people go to the forum, see if they have returned NB, and think to themselves, "oh, no, they didn't, well then I'll go play something else." of course there are other factors, such as general tiredness of uniformity in rvr, boring cities, useless and unpopular ranked, lack of new game action content.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Wiede

Post#13 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:41 am

This game only needs one thing to encourage people to play... More fashion stuff, pets, mounts, etc.

But in one thing you're right: balance patches are exciting. But overdoing them sucks.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:19 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 am first of all, the devs needs to reconsider his attitude towards the players, look at the actions that they have performed over the last six months or a year, and identify the reasons why the game has lost up to 50% of the active population.
my personal opinion is that the game began to lose its active population after the ban of NB. of course there are a bunch of other factors, but this is the main one. When the decision to finally ban NB was not yet made, many here in the community said that this does not threaten anything good, and that the population will decline, the developers linked the population decline with the summer factor (again a mistake).
the summer has passed and the population has not recovered. people go to the forum, see if they have returned NB, and think to themselves, "oh, no, they didn't, well then I'll go play something else." of course there are other factors, such as general tiredness of uniformity in rvr, boring cities, useless and unpopular ranked, lack of new game action content.
non-sensical balance changes and content appealing to pvers/pugs/casuals instead of people who actually play the game (warband pvpers)

Acidic

Post#15 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 am

Adding and changing the game in “random” manner stands a good chance to cause more harm than good. This game has a clear identity and following. If that is messed with then it could risk alienating the hard core fan base which would lead to a bigger problem.
Going for mass appeal might not be the best for long term longevity so best to be carful what you wish for
Last edited by Acidic on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:18 am

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:19 am instead of people who actually play the game (warband pvpers)
you sound like you are paying them for their work when you ain't. we all play the game 'actually' and do not think that you 'actually' play it better then others simply because you spend your entire time playing it hardcore. who gives a fly about your or my or someone elses way of playing? no one. do not try to place yourself above other players unless you want to draw spits and insults.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Alfa1986

Post#17 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am

pvprangergod wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:19 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 am first of all, the devs needs to reconsider his attitude towards the players, look at the actions that they have performed over the last six months or a year, and identify the reasons why the game has lost up to 50% of the active population.
non-sensical balance changes and content appealing to pvers/pugs/casuals instead of people who actually play the game (warband pvpers)
There were "non-sensical balance changes" before that, but there was never such a drop, it is obvious that the main reason is the ban of NB, because it can be easily traced back to time, May-June is the ban of NB, and the gradual decline in the population to today's level ... bring up the topic about blocking NB, and read the posts about it.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Acidic

Post#18 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:45 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:30 am
pvprangergod wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:19 am
There were "non-sensical balance changes" before that, but there was never such a drop, it is obvious that the main reason is the ban of NB, because it can be easily traced back to time, May-June is the ban of NB, and the gradual decline in the population to today's level ... bring up the topic about blocking NB, and read the posts about it.
Personally disagree with this.
I have seen a lot of projecting the NB disabling impact on population but I have only seen that from a very specific group on the forum, not from people I know who left the game.
The indications I have are total player numbers are more aligned with nerfs , buffs and lobsided realm population, this is backed up with realm balance numbers and personal discution with people that left.

The current state is that there has been very one sided nerfs to Destro clearly reflected in population of Destro vs order and guild migrations from Destro to order. This has lead to poor rvr and one sided zerging that will lose players as it became a PVE door game.

Although at times Destro has population in general order zerg and order PVE door is more a norm than is healthy for the game and sustained population.

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#19 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:05 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:45 am I have seen a lot of projecting the NB disabling impact on population but I have only seen that from a very specific group on the forum, not from people I know who left the game.
Mate, I want to disagree with you respectfully. I used to lead WH-only groups and I had 20+ of WHs on my friendlist. They were passionate WHs who played class well and who I wanted to play with. Now I see 3-4 of them pllaying, others left. All I asked were unhappy about NB ban. I am unhappy about it.

NB was a god-send for WHs as there are 4 abilities NB helped us a lot with, namely Sever Blessing, Burn Away Lies, Pistol Whip, Confess simply because of usage restrictions. I do not mention Torment among them, it is always usable. I do not know any other class so dependant on conditional abilities although I play 5 of them. Should these conditional restrictions be removed/reworked I would not care about NB.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Acidic

Post#20 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:14 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:05 am
Acidic wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:45 am I have seen a lot of projecting the NB disabling impact on population but I have only seen that from a very specific group on the forum, not from people I know who left the game.
Mate, I want to disagree with you respectfully. I used to lead WH-only groups and I had 20+ of WHs on my friendlist. They were passionate WHs who played class well and who I wanted to play with. Now I see 3-4 of them pllaying, others left. All I asked were unhappy about NB ban. I am unhappy about it.

NB was a god-send for WHs as there are 4 abilities NB helped us a lot with, namely Sever Blessing, Burn Away Lies, Pistol Whip, Confess simply because of usage restrictions. I do not mention Torment among them, it is always usable. I do not know any other class so dependant on conditional abilities although I play 5 of them. Should these conditional restrictions be removed/reworked I would not care about NB.
I am not trying to say none left due to NB, and that some classes are affected more. I can see that IB and BG are normally the ones highlighted with NB but possible also WH . However these are not heavy population classes and not core rvr classes. I know I don’t run in the WH, IB or BG friendly parts of the game but this is a reason why I say personal experience.

The core of game is rvr and as such the pop numbers we are seeing now is more noticeable than these more edgy 6v6 and solo preferred classes.