Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
mynban

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#51 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:52 am

7pm ocenia evening, 194 pop. This is the first time I am seeing it under 200 in evening.

Ads
flux

Post#52 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:55 am

Oceanic player here. I've had 3 SC pops in the last 30 or so hours of play time. I just stopped queueing and rvdoor now.

abezverkhiy

Post#53 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:00 am

flux wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:55 am Oceanic player here. I've had 3 SC pops in the last 30 or so hours of play time. I just stopped queueing and rvdoor now.
I simply wait for weekends to play and log in during the week to have a lazy chat with guildies and a bit of theorycrafting in Altdorf.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Stahn123
Banned

Post#54 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am

I agree that classes need clear visions for what they are supposed to be. Too much garbage in the trees used as fillers for ALL classes. Order has better trees currently, even though they have a lot of junk too, they're still better than Destro. Sadly. Destro just have no vision for their classes or specs. They're heals are spread over all 3 trees for instance. That's fine, if all 3 trees were worth using. But they aren't. They need tweaks to get them more in line with Order. Not as exact mirrors, but with the same vision as to what each class should be and what each tree should mean and do. Heck, Destro has classes that people don't even know what to do with now, and others who are so heavily reliant on how much regen they can stack just to compete with their mirror who has over double the damage but can still stack the same gear and just do that much better. It's ridiculous.

They need to take a look at each class, each mirror, and decide which should do what and how. Then look at their core abilities. The cores are the ONLY abilities that should be the same, after that there needs to be changes all around. Kotbs has every ability a chosen has, and they don't even have to spec for most of them, plus they can increase their block by a godly 10% or so starting at level 2. Chosen get a small damage buff to their group...that kotbs also get standard later on while chosen get....nothing. If Chosen are meant to be the damage side, that's fine and dandy, but it would be nice to have abilities the other doesn't have as well, to make them unique. Tanks aren't about damage first, it's tankiness and utility, they anchor the fight. When you give one side every tool and deny the other, you've basically given one side all the utility and gimped the other tank, regardless of their damage because they're both tanks, damage is going to suck. Don't even get me started how much more powerful the kotbs damage shield is. Works on every class vs Chosen's that works on AM and BW only? When it works on ALL ranged damage, then it's even.

The classes need minor changes. Major abilities need to be either toned down or shared while the lesser ones provide unique utility and survival. They're supposed to be mirrors, not exact copies, but enough alike that you should be able to play the other without much issue on what those changes are. How many elves can fly through the air at the moment? How many classes can currently bypass all defenses against entire warbands worth of people? It's too much, whats worse it's all on the same side. Certain things NEED a mirror because they're just too powerful otherwise. Other things should just be done away with altogether. Negating the defenses of an entire warbands worth of people is just insanely stupid, and when 3+ are doing it, while double guarded and focused healers, it's ridiculous. What's the point of spending renown points into defenses for an entire faction at that point? It can be dispelled, if you can target them in the blob since they don't actually have to be in the 5ft range required to remove the buff by those who will notice it. It's either too low in the tree in it's current form, or needs to be given to both. When 95% of all characters made as a certain class have almost the exact same spec, you know an ability is too powerful. It means there is nothing better available and needs to be adjusted accordingly. It's the same reason BO, SH, etc were nerfed so badly. Instead of nerfing, just bring the weaker up to par.

While the game isn't balanced around T1, and shouldn't be, it also shouldn't be forgotten as new players see it first and their impression of the entire game is made there. Currently, BW and Sorc are almost worthless there unless it's a major battle, which isn't often with the low population lately. Their dots do less damage than chain axe throws by tanks and other dps and their primary attack takes 3 seconds to cast and does less than the damage an engineer does with hip shot with a half decent gun, as well as causing backlash upon themselves to boot to reapply those dots. Small things like this are off putting. You'll certainly see a decline in these classes as people consider them to be garbage based on their bad experiences. The dots are too long for too little damage OR their primary source of dps needs to be shortened to resolve that. Basically just need to adjust the scale of when and how much they increase to make the classes able to kill ANYTHING solo before they kill themselves or are axe thrown to death. Yes, they are group dependent, but even choppa and slayers can kill someone 1v1 in t1 and they are too.

These "fixes" that broke an entire faction need to be addressed. People have admittingly left based directly on the devs actions and continue to do so while said devs take no responsibility or care about what they've caused and say it isn't their fault. When you've gimped a faction so hard that big portions of the population either quit entirely or jump ship to the other side, you've gone too far. That doesn't mean roll back what you changed, but it DOES mean you need to rebalance what you changed as it's obviously not working as intended or the players wouldn't have abandoned it so quickly and for so long. This can take a while, we know. Trust, if you just say you're looking into it, you'll get feedback that's useful. Both positive and negative. Make them small and work them in. Balance will come back as people return to check out the new changes.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#55 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 am

Spoiler:
Stahn123 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am I agree that classes need clear visions for what they are supposed to be. Too much garbage in the trees used as fillers for ALL classes. Order has better trees currently, even though they have a lot of junk too, they're still better than Destro. Sadly. Destro just have no vision for their classes or specs. They're heals are spread over all 3 trees for instance. That's fine, if all 3 trees were worth using. But they aren't. They need tweaks to get them more in line with Order. Not as exact mirrors, but with the same vision as to what each class should be and what each tree should mean and do. Heck, Destro has classes that people don't even know what to do with now, and others who are so heavily reliant on how much regen they can stack just to compete with their mirror who has over double the damage but can still stack the same gear and just do that much better. It's ridiculous.

They need to take a look at each class, each mirror, and decide which should do what and how. Then look at their core abilities. The cores are the ONLY abilities that should be the same, after that there needs to be changes all around. Kotbs has every ability a chosen has, and they don't even have to spec for most of them, plus they can increase their block by a godly 10% or so starting at level 2. Chosen get a small damage buff to their group...that kotbs also get standard later on while chosen get....nothing. If Chosen are meant to be the damage side, that's fine and dandy, but it would be nice to have abilities the other doesn't have as well, to make them unique. Tanks aren't about damage first, it's tankiness and utility, they anchor the fight. When you give one side every tool and deny the other, you've basically given one side all the utility and gimped the other tank, regardless of their damage because they're both tanks, damage is going to suck. Don't even get me started how much more powerful the kotbs damage shield is. Works on every class vs Chosen's that works on AM and BW only? When it works on ALL ranged damage, then it's even.

The classes need minor changes. Major abilities need to be either toned down or shared while the lesser ones provide unique utility and survival. They're supposed to be mirrors, not exact copies, but enough alike that you should be able to play the other without much issue on what those changes are. How many elves can fly through the air at the moment? How many classes can currently bypass all defenses against entire warbands worth of people? It's too much, whats worse it's all on the same side. Certain things NEED a mirror because they're just too powerful otherwise. Other things should just be done away with altogether. Negating the defenses of an entire warbands worth of people is just insanely stupid, and when 3+ are doing it, while double guarded and focused healers, it's ridiculous. What's the point of spending renown points into defenses for an entire faction at that point? It can be dispelled, if you can target them in the blob since they don't actually have to be in the 5ft range required to remove the buff by those who will notice it. It's either too low in the tree in it's current form, or needs to be given to both. When 95% of all characters made as a certain class have almost the exact same spec, you know an ability is too powerful. It means there is nothing better available and needs to be adjusted accordingly. It's the same reason BO, SH, etc were nerfed so badly. Instead of nerfing, just bring the weaker up to par.

While the game isn't balanced around T1, and shouldn't be, it also shouldn't be forgotten as new players see it first and their impression of the entire game is made there. Currently, BW and Sorc are almost worthless there unless it's a major battle, which isn't often with the low population lately. Their dots do less damage than chain axe throws by tanks and other dps and their primary attack takes 3 seconds to cast and does less than the damage an engineer does with hip shot with a half decent gun, as well as causing backlash upon themselves to boot to reapply those dots. Small things like this are off putting. You'll certainly see a decline in these classes as people consider them to be garbage based on their bad experiences. The dots are too long for too little damage OR their primary source of dps needs to be shortened to resolve that. Basically just need to adjust the scale of when and how much they increase to make the classes able to kill ANYTHING solo before they kill themselves or are axe thrown to death. Yes, they are group dependent, but even choppa and slayers can kill someone 1v1 in t1 and they are too.

These "fixes" that broke an entire faction need to be addressed. People have admittingly left based directly on the devs actions and continue to do so while said devs take no responsibility or care about what they've caused and say it isn't their fault. When you've gimped a faction so hard that big portions of the population either quit entirely or jump ship to the other side, you've gone too far. That doesn't mean roll back what you changed, but it DOES mean you need to rebalance what you changed as it's obviously not working as intended or the players wouldn't have abandoned it so quickly and for so long. This can take a while, we know. Trust, if you just say you're looking into it, you'll get feedback that's useful. Both positive and negative. Make them small and work them in. Balance will come back as people return to check out the new changes.
Great post!! Honestly, with the buffs to all of Order, bringing Destruction back to what it was WOULD be evening it out and buffing one to match the other. Just slowly revert. No reason for this same thing to happen....Order is clearly stronger otherwise their population wouldn't be so big.
What you should do, is take the time to write up a more closely detailed post much like this one about what specifically was knocked down that needs to be brought back up, and post it in the specific forum section. clear, concise, proper, detailed posts that outline exactly what needs to be done is what's needed to make the change that seems to be so desperately needed.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Arek4

Post#56 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:22 am

Quickly, so that the population does not decrease, you should assign all prizes and medallions to the account, and not just to the character. This will allow you to keep old players because it is very tedious to collect medallions from 1 lvl. The game requires changes and brave and ... courage to admit mistakes and sometimes withdraw from introduced changes

Oldschool

Post#57 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:32 am

I can not speak about others or there intend to leave or come back. Just for myself.
I am an old member of RoR since a couple of years now, with alot of chars, have done a break over 1 Year, cause I lost momentum and interest in RoR cause of the unbalance between Order and Destro and ofc the unbalance in classes as well. And cause of the motivation to do always the same, nothing new, and a grind for tokens or gold to support Pots and Items.

Now since several weeks Iam back to check what have changed. Not much, or better nothing.
Its a grind to get up, its a pain to level (grind) within zerg for getting tokens and its now much more a pain in solo roaming or small grp roaming - what I like - I hate this lemming zerg style cause of so many regen builds out there.
If we need 3-5 People to get 1 guy with regen build down, I dont no the intension from DEVs who did this? Its pure Ego Style build. For what reason? To give the looong nooodle ?! Or just to feel stronger and better? Its bu ll sh itt in my eyes and killing the last fun in roaming as solo cause I now have to play such a regen sh itt build and class?!

For me, the numbers are more then down right now and the motivation is gone.
What I like to see:
1. Equal class builds for Destro/Order and we have no "skill battle" anymore...just straight ahead comparision
2. No reggen builds....or reggen items! This EGO Style builds fu cks me up the most.
3. No Pots anymore.

Total conculsion: less is more! Make it more a pure game, not so much unbalanced balancing..

havartii

Post#58 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:52 am

Nerf to Morale was pretty bad. A lot of the game revolves around pushing a small door choke point . Makes no sense.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#59 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Stahn123 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am I agree that classes need clear visions for what they are supposed to be. Too much garbage in the trees used as fillers for ALL classes. Order has better trees currently, even though they have a lot of junk too, they're still better than Destro. Sadly. Destro just have no vision for their classes or specs. They're heals are spread over all 3 trees for instance.
Which healer ? The only healers with heal spread in each tree are Zealot/RP. The rest are pretty easy to understand (DoK/WP have a DPS tree, a heal tree and a melee heal tree, Shaman/AM have a DPS tree, a hybrid/support tree and a heal tree). Zealot/RP are a bit different with a tree more AoE focus (heal/dps), and two ST (heal/dps).

Stahn123 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:06 am Don't even get me started how much more powerful the kotbs damage shield is.
Wait... what ?

mogt

Post#60 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:54 pm

why the players cry, please use the head and imagine. the playerbase are the problem,we have another games how NW, the corona rules in different land are waker, many players go outside, instead sit at home and play games, and the other thing is, many players grindf fast new gear and stop playing, ebcause they have no content, but this players forget so many things. a goof player, get the gear and play the game. yoou see this playerbase problem in many other games too, so many players stop play if they have all the best gear, and this is a player problem, very easy.

the balances etx are good. the player himselve, must learn and need knowledge about the char, all trees are fine, the players can be decide, which tree he use. out cant do with one char all things. you must decide, this is a old school mmorpg, yo uneed groupplay, play as a team.

i see it so many times, that players have no knowdledge, as ecample, tnak the lord, 4 wbs are there and noone tank him, i run with my allygroup from 3 players in thelordroom, and our tank, tanked this lord. how it is possible that the tanks in the 4 wbs nothing dont know, how work tank. many players say oh iam rr 80 and have best gear. this say nothing, if you dont know about the basics, what your char can do.

many players just play for geart and then they left the game