Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#61 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm

@Topic title

I am one of those players who left RoR, not because NW is a better game because honestly RoR IS the best RvR game and the game where you can have the best performance in bigger clashes.
However,
untill the focus is on this area and not on Ranked, which has proven time and time again that the majority of the playerbase is not interested.
I understand from a Dev point of view its amazing to have the bragging right to push content the original Mythic team couldnt finish or deliver on, thats an amazing achivement. But from a player perspective those new cities are not bringing any new replay loop here and now. Fantastic if it will be introduced in the future and you are playing the long game, but here and now it doesnt add anything to the game apart from nerdgasm from roleplayers..

RoR's biggest selling point is stability, performance and oRvR. The latter has been ignored for too long and many of the guilds whom ive had the honor of playing with/against over the years are all saying the same. "yeah we love Warhammer online, its the best game. But right now theres nothing serious to fight because of the state of oRvR" This has been mentioned time and time again on the forums, but we just havnt seen any real focus on improving oRvR so its not just catering to the reroll loop and casuals. But instead needs to also cater to the people who want to organize, use their rr80 BiS chars, and play an engageing keepsiege campaign with the entire full acive zone being in use (BO system lacking)

If RoR wants those players back, oRvR needs to be prioritized. Atleast thats the way I see it, and from the people ive talked to and still talk to wether they still playing or have stopped.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Satirico

Post#62 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:40 pm

mogt wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:30 pm
Satirico wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm Just stop devteam to make wrong choices.

They just focused on pve stuff, and the big majority of players who made the game alive was left behind. No rvr changes, no classes balancing, no Lost Vale, no LotD.

The idea of classes balancing every 3 months or so was the dumbest idea this team could ever had. Its a too long gap, and together with all this inactivity on rvr lake, and add here the inumerous bugs that aren't being fixed, made the game less interesting. Many people left tha game instead get angry with it's situation.

Warhammer is rvr and class changing. Instead waste time on a ranked, make rvr more interesting. All they did was nerf renown. And this was another wrong decision.
Classes can't be balanced if you think well, so change them from time to time. Not after 3,4,5 months, but every 2 months, imo. We have wh/we stupidly buffed atm, they just became a cancer in this game, why not change it and give other classes the chance to shine as well?

And no, it's not because of NW, if you take what the old streamers said, game got boring because there is no news, and what is called new isn't interesting enough to bring people back. From a base of 40 friends who used to play warhammer ror, only 11 went to NW. The rest, 5 still playing ror casually and the rest went to other games like CS or Conan Exiles.
are you want kidding me dude, please use your brain, if you have brain cells. why you you want all fast fast fast???? have you no paticence. the devs do a great job,you and many other players forget, the devs are volunteers and they do this here in there freetime. if you have a problem, you can download the emulator and the other things and can start a own server. you must know about programming and that need time. time is the key word. all things what the devs are do, are right, balanceing need time. if you have no patience please go away and play another game. if you dont know how hard is the work behind the scences, then shut up.

it is so easy to say WoW do a better job, many forget blittard is a big company and here the devs are volunteers. the player must learn to play and this game is caual friendly and this game is a group play and not soloing. if the players want play solo, then play a singleplayer game and not a old school mmorpg. as group you are stronger and not as just solo players, communication is very very important
Lmao! And here is the evolution of "wanna heal, roll a healer". C'mon and you ask me if I don't have brain. Have you got balls to think out of this **** box you're in?

tomato

Post#63 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:52 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm @Topic title

I am one of those players who left RoR, not because NW is a better game because honestly RoR IS the best RvR game and the game where you can have the best performance in bigger clashes.
However,
untill the focus is on this area and not on Ranked, which has proven time and time again that the majority of the playerbase is not interested.
I understand from a Dev point of view its amazing to have the bragging right to push content the original Mythic team couldnt finish or deliver on, thats an amazing achivement. But from a player perspective those new cities are not bringing any new replay loop here and now. Fantastic if it will be introduced in the future and you are playing the long game, but here and now it doesnt add anything to the game apart from nerdgasm from roleplayers..

RoR's biggest selling point is stability, performance and oRvR. The latter has been ignored for too long and many of the guilds whom ive had the honor of playing with/against over the years are all saying the same. "yeah we love Warhammer online, its the best game. But right now theres nothing serious to fight because of the state of oRvR" This has been mentioned time and time again on the forums, but we just havnt seen any real focus on improving oRvR so its not just catering to the reroll loop and casuals. But instead needs to also cater to the people who want to organize, use their rr80 BiS chars, and play an engageing keepsiege campaign with the entire full acive zone being in use (BO system lacking)

If RoR wants those players back, oRvR needs to be prioritized. Atleast thats the way I see it, and from the people ive talked to and still talk to wether they still playing or have stopped.
Half your bw kills are probably from rain of firing into destru pugs during fort defenses. How could this ever get boring...

You think the majority of players is interested in competitive RVR? People won't even bother to organize 24 man for cities. You have 3 new threads every week demanding pug cities and scs.
RoR population is horribly uncompetitive, in every aspect. Most people want to afk farm gear, switch to next toon and start over. If things don't go their way, they start a forum thread to complain about balance or premades, instead of sparing a single thought on how to improve.

Player mentallity is connected to population demographic and won't really change.
Last edited by tomato on Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuyGrand

Post#64 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:22 am

Really we are forgetting something here.
The game is free to play,the developers dont get paid and they have to steal time from their personal lives to work on this game.
we should consider ourselves lucky to be able to play the game after everyone else has abandoned it.
So about the population:The best way to have people to come over is to let people know about this game. To be frank not a lot of people ,especially warhammer fans know that the game is still live.So speak to a friend to create an account in here and play.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#65 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:16 pm

GuyGrand wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:22 am So speak to a friend to create an account in here and play.
If the next "balance" patch is more balanced then the last one, i'll try :D

zulnam

Post#66 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:15 pm

If we're talking wish lists: Bring back option to turn SC quests in SC.

Huge turnoff for me. I used to love doing Chapter quests while i casually queued for SCs, knowing full well i have the full rewards, in case i won. Now if i wanna do SCs on a lowbie it's just idling in city waiting for pop, otherwise i risk losing emblems i so desperately need for the gear upgrade.

Making us choose feels like a disservice to the volunteers working hard on the pve content, really.

Just my 2 cents to the bucket list.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Whyumadbro

Post#67 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:36 pm

brining ranked bag, without the safespace que system would be nice, need to be rr70 and full invader to que, no mmr. Will work wonders

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#68 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:34 am

zulnam wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:15 pm If we're talking wish lists: Bring back option to turn SC quests in SC.

Huge turnoff for me. I used to love doing Chapter quests while i casually queued for SCs, knowing full well i have the full rewards, in case i won. Now if i wanna do SCs on a lowbie it's just idling in city waiting for pop, otherwise i risk losing emblems i so desperately need for the gear upgrade.

Making us choose feels like a disservice to the volunteers working hard on the pve content, really.

Mind blowing!! just simply remove the SC quests and add the rewars to winners....why tf quests are neede for that??

Ads
Acidic

Post#69 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:14 am

emiliorv wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:34 am
zulnam wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:15 pm If we're talking wish lists: Bring back option to turn SC quests in SC.

Mind blowing!! just simply remove the SC quests and add the rewars to winners....why tf quests are neede for that??
Stop giving the obvious answer when we can put hurdles and complications to achieve the same thing

zulnam

Post#70 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:17 am

emiliorv wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:34 am

Yeah that could work. I suggest putting it in the Feedback subthread but make your point even more aggressive. That will really get people on your side. :roll:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG