Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
eldriyth

How to get ROR population up.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 pm

As I mentioned on the sequencer addon thread, I will be professional and respectful to the devs of RoR going forward. I was too hard on you guys in the past. With that said, here is my quick take on what would bring players back:

NOTE: This thread is not about undermining group play. It's about making group play an option instead of forced, while giving solo players a chance to get BIS if they are good enough. You don't need to make it easy on the soloer but make it possible. Get creative. Let's begin:

CLASS ROLE BALANCING FIXES:
• Each class is given a solid working DPS spec/specs aside from their healing/tank that also comes with good self healing.
• Yes, the game is based around PVP and a mindset of relying on others, however, the game also has PVE as well.
• Classes having a solid PVE spec would help greatly in soloing. (Which is a big thing for a lot of folks. Not everybody likes to group and bullshit on discord 24/7 with friends. Even if they have them.)
• Classes that are under powered get major tweaks to make them more appealing and useful.

PVE CONTENT AND GEARING:
• Giving all players a way to use their PVE dps specs and actually gear up solo is a must.
• Giving solo players a choice and avenue to get the same kind of gear is a must.
• Get creative. You could make very difficult solo content that can award BIS while keeping group content around too.
• Having to always rely on other people to get anything good in a game is an old-school way of thinking and is heavily outdated in 2021.

PLAYER VS PLAYER:
• Much faster leveling and RR in scenarios will make folks happier.
• Incentive for solo players in PVP. If they can manage to smoke somebody solo they should get awarded better then they do now.
• More rewards in RVR so its not so grindy.

The population is the lowest I have ever seen it and these changes would bring a hell of a lot of players back. Why? Because it shows you guys care about all player types and that is heavily needed right now.
Last edited by eldriyth on Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#2 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 am

What is the point of saving the game by destroying that which makes it RoR?

abezverkhiy

Post#3 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 am

The game is brilliant and I do not want to see new content at the moment cause we got ranked, HV, new capitals - now it would be wise to focus on polishing existing stuff rather than bring new. Lotd and LV can wait.

I would love to see more playable specs for classes like 2h slayer or Grace WP in rvr. I would like seeing scens being friendly towards pugs too. I would love to see more invader and sovereign sets (not textures but sets like offensive/defensive).

I recall how much excitement caused changes to SWs and SHs. People love balance tweaks and they are easier to do than creating a new instance.

I mean just make a post that in 2 weeks time there will be a revamp e.g. to IBs making them more useful in rvr or something like that and you will see the interest and people coming back.
Last edited by abezverkhiy on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

ExcretusMaximus

Post#4 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:11 am

So you want every class to only have one spec (it doesn't matter if they have more than one, no one will spec anything but the one that is "a solid working DPS spec that also comes with good self healing").

Leveling in scenarios is already too fast.

Balancing around solos is never a good idea, in any game.

The gear grind is the totality of the end game, so it being too slow is discouraging, but being too fast does away with any real sense of progression and leads to the whole constant reroll situation most games eventually encounter. I do think there is just too much for new players to figure out with zero guides in the game about what currency does what and where to get any of it; "it's all on the wiki" is both untrue, and not a good solution for something that the game is balanced upon entirely not being in the game at all.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Saligia

Post#5 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:31 am

I thought I was a quite reasonable person that tries to find at least one common ground with people that has different ideas but I am completely against all your ideas. I believe this is a side effect of getting older.

The game doesn't need a solo player doing solo PvE. It will just arbitrarily increase the population and have no other benefit.

Developer time spent on PvE content is useless as you can't possibly provide better PvE content compared to all these new MMOs that offer PvE. Also MMO history taught us balancing classes for PvE content will mess up PvP balance and vice versa. Developers have very limited resources and these resources should be directed to what this game excels at, which is open world large scale PvP and city sieges. For example, Destroying siege weapons reset the siege timer. I mean why do we still have this bug?

We also do not need more rewards or faster leveling/gearing for RvR because it will take away getting the BiS gear pleasure if it is easily obtainable.

Developers need to reach out to a few organized guilds still running regular events and work with them to implement class balances for RvR and 24v24 fights. There are a couple of obvious things that can be addressed very easily and there are some other more complicated things that need to be reviewed in detail.

The balance is in a way better situation than the original game and for that, I am quite grateful to devs. But in this current state, there is still a lot of room for improvement and it needs to be addressed.

eldriyth

Post#6 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 am

Saligia wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:31 am I thought I was a quite reasonable person that tries to find at least one common ground with people that has different ideas but I am completely against all your ideas. I believe this is a side effect of getting older.

The game doesn't need a solo player doing solo PvE. It will just arbitrarily increase the population and have no other benefit.

Developer time spent on PvE content is useless as you can't possibly provide better PvE content compared to all these new MMOs that offer PvE. Also MMO history taught us balancing classes for PvE content will mess up PvP balance and vice versa. Developers have very limited resources and these resources should be directed to what this game excels at, which is open world large scale PvP and city sieges. For example, Destroying siege weapons reset the siege timer. I mean why do we still have this bug?

We also do not need more rewards or faster leveling/gearing for RvR because it will take away getting the BiS gear pleasure if it is easily obtainable.

Developers need to reach out to a few organized guilds still running regular events and work with them to implement class balances for RvR and 24v24 fights. There are a couple of obvious things that can be addressed very easily and there are some other more complicated things that need to be reviewed in detail.

The balance is in a way better situation than the original game and for that, I am quite grateful to devs. But in this current state, there is still a lot of room for improvement and it needs to be addressed.

That's why there is 240/3500 people online right now? You ignored everything I posted so you can just batter up your friends and guild members. The game is dying at a rapid rate and this attitude is why. Take some pages out of the world of warcraft book or final fantasy 14. Shitting on solo players will end up with your game in ruins. That's why those 2 games (more so final fantasy 14) lets a player enjoy themselves without guild bullshit if they so choose to. This join a guild or don't play and get anywhere mentality needs to end and fast. And have you ever thought that if a soloer could get some great gear they might be more inclined to join a guild and try group content? I can tell you right now somebody who is nicely geared up whether it's from themselves or groups is a person who will want to experience raids and such. It gives the player a feeling of freedom and will keep them playing your game.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#7 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:16 am

eldriyth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 am That's why there is 240/3500 people online right now?

The reason there are 240 people on right now is because it's 12 AM east coast US, 9 PM west coast US, and between 5 AM and 7 AM in Europe.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

eldriyth

Post#8 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:26 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:16 am
eldriyth wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 am That's why there is 240/3500 people online right now?

The reason there are 240 people on right now is because it's 12 AM east coast US, 9 PM west coast US, and between 5 AM and 7 AM in Europe.
There used to be around 600+ at that time if not more. Pop used to have 1200+ on peak hours now you're lucky to see half that. A lot of people left.

Ads
Dan666

Post#9 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:37 am

he are all agree war is one of the best rvr pvp game , also this is the only war server and he suppose to have a lot more population . this is just fact , now why the server dont have more population ,make your own conclusion , sadly is not supposed to happen

CyunUnderis

Post#10 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:58 am

Wait for the New World hype go back down and population will rise again.

Also I don't think the proposition will help the game : you will see more solo player, that will do PvE and avoid PvP, so less people in oRvR/SC. Gearing is not an issue in this game if you are in a guild that know what to do.