Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#31 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 pm

cheepcheep wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm 12. the biggest one for now/ the games staff need to send out monthly questionnires to players to fill in so that the devs have a decent understanding on what needs to be done first rather then just guessing like they do at the moment.
I think they don't care tbh. By the looks like it's more important to create new content then maintain quality gameplay.
There for pat each other on the shoulder and force ppl into bad game experience like fort or gunbad.
:o :cry:

Ads
ExcretusMaximus

Post#32 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:41 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:37 am class changes and rebalancing are the only things that will bring people back.

Never gonna happen, Wargrimnir said as much yesterday or the day before. I can't be bothered to go look for it, but he essentially said all big balance changes are done and they won't be focusing on that anymore.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:32 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:41 pm
tazdingo wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:37 am class changes and rebalancing are the only things that will bring people back.

Never gonna happen, Wargrimnir said as much yesterday or the day before. I can't be bothered to go look for it, but he essentially said all big balance changes are done and they won't be focusing on that anymore.
For the upcoming patch cycle...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ExcretusMaximus

Post#34 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:32 pm For the upcoming patch cycle...

My mistake, I must have misread it.

Apologies.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Alubert

Post#35 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 pm

1) It is obvious to me that the biggest drop in population was after NB was blocked. This is not subject to any discussion. This is evidenced by the numbers and my experience. I warned that this would happen. The numbers speak for themselves.Only in my guild more than half of players left RoR (they didn't come back till now). And I know many more who left RoR.
Lots of players warned against this wrong decision. But you listened to a few crying players who could use NB like everyone else.
So far I am not convinced by any argument for blocking NB.

2. the emergence of new MMOs has of course also contributed to the decline in player numbers.

3. one more reason why players leave (it happens slowly over time) is the lack of motivation (rewards) for continuing to play.
Allow the spending of "renown points" to 100 or even above. Let it be even one point to spend for every 2 renown levels but let it be.
Give high level armor/weapons. Let them be only slightly different from sov gear but let them be.
Armor/weapons/mounts skins.

This is an MMO. Grind is an integral part of this type of game and it has to be related to the purpose of the game.

Give people a purpose and see how it positively affects the population.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

tazdingo

Post#36 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:25 pm

there always has been talk of more horizontal progression past 80, alongside more cosmetic rewards. it's just clear that dev time has been eaten by new cities and ranked

the mistake would be to presume that this is a permanent trend. it 100% is not we have been here several times before and it has typically always taken place between progression brackets being introduced. EU prime has always hovered around 1000 +/- 200. this game is like tf2, the pop has valleys that it has never dipped below that can still be considered very well populated. you just gear your chars and polish your skills whilst we wait for the weekenders to return

Gargis

Post#37 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm

How ironic it is for some ppl to say that many left a pvp game after they were geared because there was no progression.

If you are not here for the "good" fights and fun with your buddies. I can't help you, nor do I think developers of all those solo catered story games with watered down pvp can help you either.

As far as nerfed buttons, many ppl including myself have a problem with a addon that will execute conditionals for you. I find it a bit paradoxical to say the least when we all go on a tirade about skill, as we are busting each others balls.

A sequencer though....all good. Given enough time, the one here will get better.

Class balance...not perfect but good enough...Any perceived disparity can be over come with the right group comps and team work.

Alubert

Post#38 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Gargis wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm How ironic it is for some ppl to say that many left a pvp game after they were geared because there was no progression.

If you are not here for the "good" fights and fun with your buddies. I can't help you, nor do I think developers of all those solo catered story games with watered down pvp can help you either.

As far as nerfed buttons, many ppl including myself have a problem with a addon that will execute conditionals for you. I find it a bit paradoxical to say the least when we all go on a tirade about skill, as we are busting each others balls.

A sequencer though....all good. Given enough time, the one here will get better.

Class balance...not perfect but good enough...Any perceived disparity can be over come with the right group comps and team work.
I stand by what I wrote earlier about NB.

As for the 80+ gear, that doesn't bother me. I like the current situation. But we are talking here how to bring back population in the game and for most players a goal like better gear/weapons/skins are very important and make them keep logging into the game.

Balance. I agree that it is much better than on live server. Better does not mean it is perfect. Just look at poor chosen (give away CS) vs ktb, poor BO (give away anything) vs SM and of course most op SL (ramapage, ID, push for more) vs choppa, wp (35% better heal - 15% ktb tact + 20% exalted def) vs dok. I have characters on both sides so don't let any order player write me that it is a subjective feeling.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Farrul

Post#39 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:45 pm

Gargis wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm How ironic it is for some ppl to say that many left a pvp game after they were geared because there was no progression.
I don't percieve any irony, grinding and progression is a natural cycle in any kind of rpg game . Online Arpg games will do seasons every 2-3 months and hard resets( this is where 95% of the online population is ). MMOrpgs introduces new major content to increase the climb or resets ( i.e once Naxx in classic wow was done in the last phase, BC classic expansion was the next natural step, pre- expansion classic is soon having a reset again etc ).

As for RoR it is understandable that a reset won't happen (to low pop and risky ) or any major expansion content for obvious reasons(stuff like Vampires/ Bretonnia expansion) but despite limited resources there is a lot more that could be done with the game, there is certainly potential.

A few examples: Sov tier weapons at RR 85-90. Mounts & flavor : un-lock the wasted guild-coin skins for a 200-300 gold cost at higher rr80+ (gold dumps is good for the economy and pop, superior to uninteresting guild- coins in the current state of the game, i.e low pop, generally do not lock content behind awkward design that was intended (?) for a larger healthier playerbase).

Fix scenarios and ranked stuff( again this gear is unfortunately currently wasted potential and content).

Keep pace on class balance as long as it is needed. Listen to veterans of the class (e.g. Kotbs may have the best tank utility, but it is generally considered the most boring tank, boring stuff = players quit. Solution: nerf utility a bit and give it a proper left -tree 2 hand damage spec )

Battlefield

Post#40 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm

After some time, part of the players start to ignore RVR mechanic at all that you concentrate on, because they almost don't care, many players get more pleasure from small scale battles or even 1v1.

Please do not do complicated events like it was recently, many people get tired from it because the game should be fun !

Guard ability and Healing power seriously are too strong, Unkillable def healers it is not good !

And the last, i suppose now most players would prefer the classics settings of Warhammer online ....