How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#201 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 am

MonkeyHead wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:35 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:28 am
havartii wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:27 am more nerfs to shaman .. i quit again .. thanks devs
Happy to help.
This is why I quit. the devs rarely take the time to comment on the underlying topic in a post. Almost never address anyone's issue. But never fail to toss a quip at a distraught player. I come back to watch this specific failure in moderation. It's vastly more entertaining than the game itself.
Imagine crawling at the feet of the people who give nothing back to the community and begging forgiveness over very normal standard changes. I don't care about people like this. At least it's entertaining for you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#202 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:11 am

mynban wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:39 am

Happy to help.
This is why I quit. the devs rarely take the time to comment on the underlying topic in a post. Almost never address anyone's issue. But never fail to toss a quip at a distraught player. I come back to watch this specific failure in moderation. It's vastly more entertaining than the game itself.
They have a thankless job that pays nothing, they deserve what little entertainment they can get out of the forums while the game lasts.

Oceania population have a sad trend for the past several months, where population goes down by %10-20 down every week. And there doesnt seem to be any point of stabilization where drop stops. I guess Oceania timezone already hit the spiral of doom where low pop leads to lower pop.
nothing surprising in this. just when you reach some critical level of the pop (most likely it is about 150-200 if we can believe the site's count, but I guess something wrong with it) you have almost empty zones in rvr, it is almost impossible to find a party in the dungeons, you wait a long time for scenarios, etc.

in the game there is simply nothing to do for ppl and an avalanche collapse occurs, which can no longer be stopped.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#203 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:12 am

havartii wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:27 am more nerfs to shaman .. i quit again .. thanks devs
Happy to help.
So let me get this straight.....
"YOU" want to be able to say whatever vile things you like to people that are running an entire AAA MMO for over a decade after it officially died while making changes, updates, huge additions like 2 new cities full of quests and doing regular patches FOR FREE with large out-of-pocket expenses, but if THEY answer in a way that you deem inappropriate, there's an issue?
Really?
No. That's not how this works. "You" get respect when "you" give respect.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

TiberiusD

Post#204 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:28 am

My 2 cents about how to get pop up:

1. focus more on RvR
- increase ram spawn at 3 stars not 2 -> this means much more time to fight on the field and much more time to work up building the keep for siege
- make cities open at 10 forts captured. if one faction captures 10 forts, they attack the other city. Like this cities will get to 5 stars and there will be no throw - 10 forts is a long way to go if they will increase the ram spawn at 3 star keep -> more fights in the fields
2. focus more on Scenarios
- put MMR in all the scenarios with Triumphant / Victorious Currency
- update the currency in normal scenarios from Oppressor to Triumphant
- implement MMR so that people will have a urge to fight more in normal scenarios other than waiting for days in one ranked which is full of toxicity

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#205 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:21 pm

The best way to bring up the population is to just focus on ORvR....
Ranked is fine. Scenarios are fine. This game thrives on Open World RvR and PvP, so we need to have incentives for the Underdog Side to take part, because as it stands now, there's more people logging out in frustration or "not in the mood to get rolled for a slim chance of a good bag" as I was told tonight by some.

After getting our arses handed to us in The Elf Pairing, and they went to Praag, we went to Thunder Mountain and locked that up to make sure it wasn't Da Greenskins fault they attacked Da City....after that success, we moved over to Praag in time for Order to lock it down and go to CW, lost to 3 war bands of Order, then the Fort, forgone conclusion there.

After the final Fortress, half the Warband left. Either they left to play their Order characters, or they just didnt want to do a city defence for 1 invader medal.

I really want to climb the Gear ladder and get Invader and stuff, but man, city siege or defence is like pulling teeth with very little reason to put myself through that. And I ADORE this game and this version is fantastic and really, it's just amazing....for me, anyways....
But.....cities are simply not worth the hassle.

So in open world RvR, Keep siege and Fort siege with big battles everywhere is the HEART of this game. Wy not focus on that? Capitolize on that? So more rewards for winning, sure, but more rewards for trying to defend Against All Odds....because current AAO isn't sufficient for what we have to go through to do that content when we're so helplessly overrun and out geared.

What about a set of "Defender's Gear"? Find something good, like Conqueror's Gear, and make a "Defender's" version. Give the right amount of Defensive Stats and Passives that would take the sting out of being overrun and gives you a bit of a survivability boost.....and all that being overrun....well, at least you're getting some gear out of it.

Could even make a couple sets for it. So "Defender's Arsenal" and "Defender's Rigours". Two sets of "Defender's Gear" to fill the gap between hitting Career Rank 40 and Renown Rank 40. Gear is always an incentive to get people playing more, no matter WHAT the odds.....

I realize this is a LOT of work for an already busy Team, but I truly feel that these "Defender's Gear Sets" are something that BOTH sides would be good with.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#206 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:52 am

Happy to help.
Imagine crawling at the feet of the people who give nothing back to the community and begging forgiveness over very normal standard changes. I don't care about people like this. At least it's entertaining for you.
Maybe there's a middle ground between "crawling at the feet of the people" and tell them "Happy to help." Idk. Also not sure if it helps get population up ;)

Paxsanarion

Post#207 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Methinks some folks are holding on way too tight and taking things way too seriously :-) I would love increased population and I am sure it will happen in time as it always does…..in the meantime enjoy life and be happy we have Warhammer Online for free and in the wonderful state it is ……at all. :-)

normanis

Post#208 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:42 am

i still dont believe its nb that na time zone lost members. its more likly thhey enjoy new world and skyrim. na time zone now has double less population than it was. eu time zone -zey zerged before , zey zerg even now. so its not nb.
also maby in america warhammer is not so popular or in chine for example. imagine all those 7-8mlrd chinise start pay atention to this game.
ps. maby after release tw3 war we might get some population increase.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#209 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am

I don't know if it someone posted or not (sorry if it did) but in order to get people interested into RoR, it needs promotion. Twitch, youtube, even gaming news sites.. someone big like Lazypeon needs to come and say: "This is Return of Reckoning. PvP oriented MMORPG where you can go from level 1 and smash enemy in battle!" or similar things... RoR needs promotion for people to join it.

Avelinna

Post#210 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:34 am

New World isnt a threat its a pve game that was wrongly as pvp focused. The numbers already dropping they topped 1.2 at peak and now hovering around 250 to 300k concurrrent which will drop further. Ror players who will return and the population steadily rise i think we bottomed out. The population increase will start soon have patience we have been here before. Twitch event encourage people to play should more of them. A more rewarding outcome for the losing side get terrible renown and no bags in rvr is a complete switch off. When one side is so dominant you need encourage the underdogs to come aao doesnt work as get steamrolled. I wont even going into balance the minure you have an opinion on balance you banned its not an open forum its an nda.