Recent Topics

Ads

ROR should hv a metaverse

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: ROR should hv a metaverse

Post#11 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:40 pm

When you want to play Guildwars, play the original.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Orgruk

Post#12 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Would be easier to balance for sure, but then the game would lost all of its identity and flavor.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:39 pm

The game would lose all of its identity, OP.
You need to have unique, fun stuff.

Not every situation in life has to be fair.

I think the focus on making the game more fair for specific classes and a constant, steady stream of nerfs to unique abilities has actually harmed the game in the long run.
There needs to be a focus on making 'cool stuff' that fits the class identity - and that cool stuff needs to be dropped on players all at once, so there's no perception of favoritism.

What you're proposing would remove the identity the game has in favor of identical matchups.
When you factor in gear, you're also going to have the same issue you currently have, except the way forward would be 'just play through it, it gets better' - resulting in LESS people sticking around.
No thanks.
Spoiler:

Side note political commentary, the world shouldn't even have a metaverse.

We've had three (Second Life, IMVU, VRChat) and they all kinda sucked.
World isn't going to purchase VR headsets to do what Facebook wants to do. Most can't even afford rent.

Try again in 50 years.

kam080

Post#14 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:41 am

balance....

fully mirror is the easiest way...

but it will lose the function of the steelyard.

but you are so hard to balance each others also, something is hard to measure..

in this time every changes is...
inbalance is happen, so that is an inbalance cover another inbalance

if it is no fully mirror, why some mirror classes had a same skill of another...
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

yhani

Post#15 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:27 am

a) hide in warband blob
b) go pewpew when your side push
c) **** off when it looks bad

there is nothing hard about that. Yes, I have high lvl characters but I test
other classes too.
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#16 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:05 am

Honestly, what would work the best is, when you hit Rank 40, you get a truly Epic Questline where every OTHER step, you get rewarded a piece of Base Renown Gear that is sufficient enough to not only INTRODUCE you to the larger world war, but PREPARES you for that world war with a cheap, lowbie set of gear. Use those "scout this Battlefield Objective or that Battlefield Objective". Or whatever quests used to get people into the RvR Lakes.

With this, you deal with that instant shock you get hit with when you walk out into your fist RvR Experience, you may still get smoked, but you may not....or it'll be close. Either way, it'll be a better experience than how it is now. And it won't hurt the game or players or the experience in any way.
You'll probably keep players coming back for more, to climb that ladder because they got a taste of some cool looking, decently usable gear. Who cares that they'll replace it in a few Renown Ranks....at least it's more of a "hey check this out, this is end game" than a "LAWL RR8X JUZT r0xx0rb0xx0r EM TUMPED YOO DED! HAR HAR! I R GR8!"
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Tillirage

Post#17 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:28 am

The thing is... Why play when you get free gear. You eventually stop playing that character after reaching end gear and collected both main/off spec. Its a part of journey.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#18 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:23 am

1 set won't kill anything. If people would quit even with getting one extremely pigeonholed t of gear, then they were on their way out as it stands.....
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads