Ads

no more crying, lets play.

Let's talk about... everything else
penagos22

Re: no more crying, lets play.

Post#61 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:03 pm #wipeallchanges #mythiclike
I'd be on board with this, to be honest.
I feel very strongly about this, to the point where I'd rejoin the dev team to see that happen.

RoR has gone far off-base with balance. Live was something familiar that everyone could really agree on. It would also fit in well with existing systems.
+1
Let's not talk anymore about who is stronger and who is weaker is useless and exhausting for everyone.

please secrets do the miracle.

Ads
Acidic

Post#62 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:28 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm
I feel very strongly about this, to the point where I'd rejoin the dev team to see that happen.

RoR has gone far off-base with balance. Live was something familiar that everyone could really agree on. It would also fit in well with existing systems.
+1
Let's not talk anymore about who is stronger and who is weaker is useless and exhausting for everyone.

I personally would not go that far.
The game was in a reasonable place about a year or more back when there was an active 24v24 scen
But even then there were some areas of concen and discution on both sides. Could not find bomblings post from back then but the common consensus was order had raw power Destro morals (to cut it short)
Those areas were addressed only on the win conditions that Destro had, none of the concerns that Destro had were dealt with even with significant proposal writing.
This is a clear route to today, where I can not even see Destro believing enough to post suggestions.

Additionally I think the policy of post a suggestion for a change has developed into changing the game without balance need but a change in character of certain classes and power levels rather than realm balance.

penagos22

Post#63 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:28 pm

+1

The game was in a reasonable place about a year or more back when there was an active 24v24 scen
But even then there were some areas of concen and discution on both sides. Could not find bomblings post from back then but the common consensus was order had raw power Destro morals (to cut it short)
Those areas were addressed only on the win conditions that Destro had, none of the concerns that Destro had were dealt with even with significant proposal writing.
This is a clear route to today, where I can not even see Destro believing enough to post suggestions.

Additionally I think the policy of post a suggestion for a change has developed into changing the game without balance need but a change in character of certain classes and power levels rather than realm balance.
A year or more ago you had the order crying here, which caused the current situation, people are more focused on coming to the forums to cry than playing the game, and when the crying doesn't get anywhere they go away, I know that from that I myself was in that situation. The healthiest thing again is to start playing and for the devs to cut off the feedback and the hope that we have to change the game in the forum and not in the game itself.

Acidic

Post#64 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:55 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm
+1

A year or more ago you had the order crying here, which caused the current situation, people are more focused on coming to the forums to cry than playing the game, and when the crying doesn't get anywhere they go away, I know that from that I myself was in that situation. The healthiest thing again is to start playing and for the devs to cut off the feedback and the hope that we have to change the game in the forum and not in the game itself.
Won’t disagree that people do tend to cry but a year ago there was a much healthier balance of crying. It was on both sides sort of indicating there was a asymmetric balance , which after all is the core of the game.
Also by including the feedback and tears there is a sense of involvement and buy in from the players. (And also note order are still calling for buffs even now, should be enough said)

The issue is which suggestions and why bigger changes have been/will be done and thier impact on the game and balance

penagos22

Post#65 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:28 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:55 pm
penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Won’t disagree that people do tend to cry but a year ago there was a much healthier balance of crying. It was on both sides sort of indicating there was a asymmetric balance , which after all is the core of the game.
Also by including the feedback and tears there is a sense of involvement and buy in from the players. (And also note order are still calling for buffs even now, should be enough said)

The issue is which suggestions and why bigger changes have been/will be done and thier impact on the game and balance
Any balance proposal will be useless, why? this game cannot be balanced, why? Because the only way to do it is: the classes in both factions are the same which would take away one of the most striking aspects of this game, from the beginning the game was not designed so that the factions function the same, it was granted so that each Faction will work with what it had, if you want I can make a post analyzing you class by class the latest version of mythic, but the soul of the game was: the destruction was strong if the players were strong individually and the order was strong if it stayed together and worked together That is why, when you review the previous versions, the classes of the destro were monstrous, the skills and the numbers were demoralized, and the classes of the order did not have those numbers individually, but between them they had ways of helping each other making that putting everything together They will also reach monstrous numbers, which is why the order had so many forms of support between classes., basically the destro controlled the early game and the order the late game. but people come here looking for wow 2.0 when they can easily go play wow. GUYS THIS IS NOT WOW !!! #MYTHICLIKE #WIPEALLCHANGES
Last edited by penagos22 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinisterror

Post#66 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:29 pm

+1 YES
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Scottx125

Post#67 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:29 pm

+1 YES
Honestly I'd support this as well.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

meatcpu

Post#68 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:37 pm

Whew boi, it's a shame a GM didn't post "This" and lock the thread immediately after this was posted.

Honestly T5 is where the real action is. :D

Ads
mogt

Post#69 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:33 pm

on live the vlance very terrible, the players that they want this how live it was, they are brainless, on live the players must just smah buttons wothout use brain and here is different, here the players must use brain and knowledge about the different charachters, here the learn curve is fine on live there you dont neeed learn crbe, there you had the better gear and thwat was all, this way are very very bad, and itis easy to cry we want live nack etc, but the devs here dont want that and this is very very good, learn to play is importaner as other things

Stinkyweed

Post#70 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Let's just make sure to let Thorbolt hit rr100 before we revert to live and reset renown.

:mrgreen:
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo