Recent Topics

Ads

How to win Scenarios

Let's talk about... everything else
IIGuardianII

Re: How to win Scenarios

Post#41 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:26 am

mynban wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:45 am I see the good intention behind the thread, but I think it is VEEEERY misleading for a new player. I remember my early times in WAR starting as WH (because they look **** sick!), and having had the kind of MMO experience I already had, I was already going for healers.... And it took me a while before I realized that was the biggest mistake I could have done. Unlike other MMOs healers can heal indefinitely with no downtime. A single DPS can not kill a single healer when healer plays defensively keeping detaunt up 100% of time. Add in guard into the mix now you have an impossible situation.

Real answer to 'whom to target' is real simple; just target your main assist. It really is that simple. Few exceptions are;
- being a WH/WE/WL and getting a jump on BW/sorc.
- enemy tank getting too low from guard damage
- a newly ressed enemy near you

I can hardly think of any other situation not assisting main assist will result better. It goes without saying this is for DPSing, not for cc/debuff.

I hope no newbies will fall into silly mistake of chasing backline healers, straying away from rest of their group; in the hopes of killing a healer they wouldnt be able to kill in 1v1 anyway.
I completely agree it was a general statement that definitely has nuances and other scenarios where this isn't ALWAYS the smart choice or the optimal choice.

I think I am just tired of watching people beat on tanks and make no progress in their health and expect that continuing to beat on them will eventually yield a different result (AKA instanity)

But yes for clarification you are absolutely correct and I should have prefaced a little more.
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-GuardianBreakr-Iron Breaker
P-MadMac-Slayer
P-GuardianTinker-Engineer
P-MiLadyLavender-Rune Priest
GuardianLion-White Lion
GuardianHunter-Witch Hunter
GuardianMartyr-Warrior Priest

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#42 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:15 am

This was posted a couple weeks ago, in reference of who to focus on, several of us gave good useful tips, if doing scenarios, playing together as a team, and not all running off n different directions, is useful, however there are a couple of scenarios, like high pass cemetery, where you will at times need to have 2 to guard the crypts, while rest go mid at times to secure for point, same as the dwarf one, i forget name log forge or something.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46782&p=497262#p497262

TARDIONm

Post#43 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:58 am

xd punt main tank, cd second tank , stagger on heal and kill retard dps xd) after kill healers) and after full wipe all // no thx
FMJ

Stinkyweed

Post#44 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:18 pm

...but I REALLY do love beating on tanks. It's so satisfying after hitting them 60 times or so to get a death blow. Winning/losing SCs isn't a big deal for me, I play them for fun assuming it's not a completely 1-sided blowout.
Yes, there are ways to increase your team's chances for success and most are identified in this thread.

...but dead tanks at my feet feels so gooder...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

IIGuardianII

Post#45 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Stinkyweed wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:18 pm ...but dead tanks at my feet feels so gooder...
LOL fair enough!
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

IIGuardianII

Post#46 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:15 pm

DirkDaring wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:15 am This was posted a couple weeks ago, in reference of who to focus on, several of us gave good useful tips, if doing scenarios, playing together as a team, and not all running off n different directions, is useful, however there are a couple of scenarios, like high pass cemetery, where you will at times need to have 2 to guard the crypts, while rest go mid at times to secure for point, same as the dwarf one, i forget name log forge or something.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46782&p=497262#p497262
This is another valid point that my generalization didn't cover. Thank you!
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#47 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:52 pm

IIGuardianII wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Cqengi wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:14 am More often than not this strategy does not work, especially this game. Those who know, know. Not interested in schooling anyone it's just facts.
You haven't stated any facts other than your opinion with no substantial argument to back up your claims also you should maybe read all the posts before making a reply.
If you wanted to learn from facts then you would be doing exactly that instead of wasting time replying to me and everyone else. The only person I need to prove things to is myself, you should follow suit if you want to understand.

Shogun4138

Post#48 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:21 pm

Bump.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
IIGuardianII

Post#49 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Cqengi wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:52 pm
IIGuardianII wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Cqengi wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:14 am More often than not this strategy does not work, especially this game. Those who know, know. Not interested in schooling anyone it's just facts.
You haven't stated any facts other than your opinion with no substantial argument to back up your claims also you should maybe read all the posts before making a reply.
If you wanted to learn from facts then you would be doing exactly that instead of wasting time replying to me and everyone else. The only person I need to prove things to is myself, you should follow suit if you want to understand.
Um... Yes it is your burden of proof to prove your own argument... classic discussion/debate 101...

But you also have the prerogative to just be a troll and not contribute anything of substance to the conversation in which case I will just ignore any further trolling for what it is...
Characters (P=Primary):
Spoiler:
Destruction:
P-GuardianChosen-Chosen
P-GuardianShift-Marauder
P-GuardianDoom-Magus
P-GuardianZealot-Zealot
GuardianWAAAGH-Choppa
GuardianWitch-Witch Elf
Order:
P-MadMac-Slayer
GuardianLion-White Lion

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#50 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 pm

[quote=IIGuardianII post_id=499614 time=1639509338 user_id=142231]
[quote=Cqengi post_id=499538 time=1639432320 user_id=388060]
[quote=IIGuardianII post_id=497890 time=1636996670 user_id=142231]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Um... Yes it is your burden of proof to prove your own argument... classic discussion/debate 101...

But you also have the prerogative to just be a troll and not contribute anything of substance to the conversation in which case I will just ignore any further trolling for what it is...
[/quote]

How you perceive what you have from what Ive said is not my problem. I don't need the argument because everyone already schooled you on that here. I was just supporting them. If you've changed your opinion about it since then cool. Glad you know now