Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Season 3 Feedback

Let's talk about... everything else
Caduceus

Re: Ranked Season 3 Feedback

Post#11 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:09 pm

TARDIONm wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:40 am
If you want awards, it does not mean that everything needs to be explained, have you tried to start analyzing mistakes and drawing conclusions? I will answer for many of you - you have not tried. I went from the same noob once to a player who perfectly understands his role on the battlefield, but still makes certain mistakes. Not all of you strive to be the best or one of the best in the aspect of PVP, so why should the reward become publicly available in a mode whose very essence is a concentrated equal PVP.

Not everyone is worthy of such awards and this is absolutely normal.

I'm sorry, but this is such an elitist knee-jerk reaction to serious concerns voiced by the players: all who complain must be noobs who don't put effort in.

I've already sunk hundreds of hours into Ranked, improving as I go. Dozens of games played, hundreds of hours in-game and in queue spread over two seasons. So far I've got 6 insignias.

I'm far from the best, but I'm decent enough to join comms and call shots to the best of my ability. What I don't do is to try and play the system. I don't add bad players to my friendlist to dodge when they are queueing, etc. Does that mean I don't deserve anything for my efforts? Below 1k mmr must be bad player so deserves nothing?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
TARDIONm

Post#12 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:09 pm
If you want awards, it does not mean that everything needs to be explained, have you tried to start analyzing mistakes and drawing conclusions? I will answer for many of you - you have not tried. I went from the same noob once to a player who perfectly understands his role on the battlefield, but still makes certain mistakes. Not all of you strive to be the best or one of the best in the aspect of PVP, so why should the reward become publicly available in a mode whose very essence is a concentrated equal PVP.

Not everyone is worthy of such awards and this is absolutely normal.

I'm sorry, but this is such an elitist knee-jerk reaction to serious concerns voiced by the players: all who complain must be noobs who don't put effort in.

I've already sunk hundreds of hours into Ranked, improving as I go. Dozens of games played, hundreds of hours in-game and in queue spread over two seasons. So far I've got 6 insignias.

I'm far from the best, but I'm decent enough to join comms and call shots to the best of my ability. What I don't do is to try and play the system. I don't add bad players to my friendlist to dodge when they are queueing, etc. Does that mean I don't deserve anything for my efforts? Below 1k mmr must be bad player so deserves nothing?
unfortunately, the hours spent do not speak about your skills. However, you can get everything except the ring absolutely calmly, so what is it about, if you can still get something and only 1 ring, which with the introduction of something new will definitely become cheaper for you, is not yet available
FMJ

Caduceus

Post#13 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:02 pm

What a twisted, elitist mindset. This is why Ranked will never be a success.

Only one person per class good enough for the ring. :D
Last edited by Caduceus on Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Whyumadbro

Post#14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:13 pm

very nice post, but the ring should be behind this wall, BiS item should be very hard to get

TARDIONm

Post#15 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:13 pm very nice post, but the ring should be behind this wall, BiS item should be very hard to get
thats true, in my mind too
FMJ

TARDIONm

Post#16 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:02 pm What a twisted, elitist mindset. This is why Ranked will never be a success.

Only one person per class good enough for the ring. :D
this is the thinking of a person who understands better than you how the ranking system works and has received awards for it, even under current conditions, despite the fact that he was not top 1 in MMR in this class. The best ring for 3 slots in the game should not be available to the masses, it should be wanted, it should not be an empty sound, as soon as something else appears, for example, a new weapon for this currency, then the prices of the ring will be lowered and people will fight for other items. This is PVP, this is a rating, this is a competition, this is not a place for weaklings and whining. Here we need more balanced edits so that the matches in the composition are more equal, and not lowering prices and making awards available to everyone
FMJ

Caduceus

Post#17 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:53 pm

TARDIONm wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:49 pm
This is PVP, this is a rating, this is a competition, this is not a place for weaklings and whining.

:cry:

It's a game, mate. Not real life.

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:54 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:35 am
TARDIONm wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:49 pm we don't have so many players to use a more subtle sorting by MMR. Preseasons are not needed, the only thing written that I think is really true, and not empty whining. It is quite possible to get rings if you know how to play and go with at least 50% win rate.

How can you say that?

It will literally take you hundreds of hours of high-level play, weeks on end of dedicating entire evenings to sitting in queue and waiting for pops, to get a SINGLE ring that is not even better than Sov (yet part of BiS). Many classes have serious issues reaching 1k mmr+, meaning that for these players it will take you HALF A YEAR of getting 10 wins per week to get the ring. You can level a character to 40 and gear them out in full Sov during that time.

That is not normal. I fear it is being used as a carrot in all the wrong ways.
I can easily say this, because instead of whining about the need to reduce the MMR and make awards more accessible to everyone, in 2 seasons I had 7 parts of the triumphant with the ring and 6 parts of the victorious with the ring, and it was not the easiest walk. If you want awards, it does not mean that everything needs to be explained, have you tried to start analyzing mistakes and drawing conclusions? I will answer for many of you - you have not tried. I went from the same noob once to a player who perfectly understands his role on the battlefield, but still makes certain mistakes. Not all of you strive to be the best or one of the best in the aspect of PVP, so why should the reward become publicly available in a mode whose very essence is a concentrated equal PVP. As you put it, this ring and the set itself are weaker than Sovereign, and this will give a bonus to people who mix sets, but not so critical, but pleasant for such a thorny path of farming.

Not everyone is worthy of such awards and this is absolutely normal. Especially when it comes to small scale PVP, where the contribution of each member of the group is very, very significant
Tardi, I'm very glad you are a strong and very active part of the ranked community, .
I played ranked before the ring was implemented, and that season was more fun with more learning and experimentation, and now it feels more force both in time you have to invest and the classes you can play.

Also.. you on your BG and me on my AM have pretty much the same win/loss ratio, so only difference is you had more time or played more peak hours than me (enough to play 5x more games than the average ranked player).
There's a lot of classes worse than both BG and AM, all of those classes would need even more games (for the avg player) and so they are even less inclined to play ranked.

As devs stated you'll get to 1K MMR purely by being average (50% winrate), so getting the ring is just a function (for the avg player) of how many games you can play.
I don't feel like my suggestions really changed that function, just made it the curve different so players are not excluded just because they don't have the time/timezone to get the required number of games in a season.

Starting everyone at 1K MMR or the suggestions in OP would eliminate the issue while not really changing the "earn it by being good/winning" aspect.

This is the only item in the game that is locked behind both a timer (except HV ring but that's easy and FUN!) and significant "grind", every other item in the can be gained just by playing and playing well makes the "grind" shorter, so my suggestion is just to make the ranked rings the same.
But.. I guess you think that's fine as is and I think it should be reserved for cosmetics and not items of power..
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Caduceus

Post#19 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:55 pm

I guess this is what happens when we let a game-mode get hijacked by a small group of people who derive their self-esteem from a game and then jealously guard their spot at the top of the ivory tower.

Caduceus

Post#20 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Here's a suggestion, if we so badly want to foster egos instead of gameplay, why not host a tournament?
Last edited by Caduceus on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.