Recent Topics

Ads

Zelot and RP in solo PvP

Let's talk about... everything else
Skattybrat

Zelot and RP in solo PvP

Post#1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:42 am

I know its a tough road and not really recommended . I am wondering if based on server and class changes here on RoR ,either of these classes are equipped for solo pvp ? SC's and roaming . Which of the two is better at it then the other and why..

Ads
Caduceus

Re: Zelot and RP in solo PvP

Post#2 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:17 am

I haven't played Zealot much, but DPS Runepriest is at the very least viable (and possibly quite good) as a solo roaming/small-scale class. It's strength lies in kiting, lifetap healing and AP draining. It falls short in burst and raw damage output, however.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPw6K_MGEXY

That is the best age of dps zealot and imo get hargbinger + transference back (maybe not 60 seconds because that is kind of overkill so make it 25 seconds) And lotd wpns you could have insane amounts of magic power which contributed to dmg of harbinger with transference so the dmg numbers wouldnt be even close to that in RoR vs Video.

Also Harbinger + Transference was probably the only tactic merged skill that couldnt do crit dmg, i quess it would have been too powerful but i dont remember any other tactic boosted skill that could not do crit dmg.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 am

Would not choose either of these based on their solo ability, as zealot is low tier and RP is low-mid tier.

This is what i run on zealot:
RoR.builders - Zealot
Picking up either Transference and AP ritual or Sweeping Disgorgement.

Don't play RP but would probably run something like this (maybe pick more defensive tactics)
RoR.builders - Runepriest

That would leave you with 1 more ranged dot with significant dmg and heal, and another dot you can use on close range.
Dots are great for roam as they add a lot of dmg for a single cast.
Then RP has better/permanent snare + AP drain and their channel Rune of Burning seems to not suffer from a bug reducing it's dmg by a lot unlike zealot.
If you wanna go tanky+lifedrain RP also has better options both as tank and lifesteal.

Zealot does have resistance debuffs, but one is close range (tactic) so often not a great pick and the morale does not seem much better than the Life Drain M1 as the dmg is very low anyway.
Zealot has more windows to reset fight with stagger since they only have 1 short dot, but RP can spec in same way so not really a win for ZL..
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

noobwarrior

Post#5 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:22 am

DPS-Zealot is a killing machine in the right hands .. this class is not for casual gamers he is a little harder to play but his dps output is higher and his survival skills are better than shaman's
the problem is nobody or only a few dare to try it on this server but nobody pulls it through a DPS zealot I made the mistake and started a shaman .. now i'm almost 92 for me it's too late to start over .. NOW i know better the zealot would be a better choice for me

BluIzLucky

Post#6 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:48 am

My zealot has near bis dps gear and only does about 400-600 single target dps, my AM in similar gear will do 900-1100.. You might be living in the past buddy, but would love to hear from somebody with "right hands" :)

AoE DPS Zealot is a killer though, but from what I can tell not viable outside PvE.

noobwarrior

Post#7 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:55 am

i can't judge whether and how much damage is possible I can only express myself about my shaman At the beginning it was also said about him that he was against wl or wh .. ect .. classes not viable just a free-kill-RP - donor .. As I said before, in the right hands (mine) it is a killer machine

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Well try zealot, they are very quick to gear :)

My solo experience is..
Not enough dps to dent tanks or healers.

Get heavily out dpsed by WH, WL and SW, unless they are bad/in low gear.

Win against Engi unless they are regen
Win against BW, but they usually have a pocket healer.
Win against slayer, but they usually don't solo.

So.. 6 of 12 winnable match ups, but they are all either rare or uphill.
But still very fun :)

And if any solo ZL has a different experience, please share spec and gear!

Ads
Jastojan

Post#9 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi,

I played DPS zealot a lot, tried many builds, equipmnets - I am 70+RR (it is not my only char here). I have to say DPS zealot is not as good/strong as it looks on the paper. I do not say that it is not fun to play (sometimes), but playing DPS zealot is not very rewarding as it is very punishing. Let me explain: you have to be very and I mean VERY skilled player to enjoy zealot as DPS because any smaller mistake could cost you too much in the battle (this is the so called "punishing" part). You have to know the place where you fight, you have to be experienced in positioning, you have to know which opponents you could beat and which are too strong for you. You cant afford to do mistakes even while fighting low opponents. I tried to play zeal these days again and the Storm of ravens change is very good. It could help you to keep your opponent away from you for a longer period of time now. But it is not enough to say that DPS zealot is at good position right now (compared to the other classes).

DPS zealot has very low dmg burst. You should be prepared for this. If you want to enjoy good, strong dmg class you should go for magus or rSH. Magus is much more forgiving, has good burst, is tanky, has many control spells, can win 1vsX battles and it is realy fun to play.

(NOOBWARRIOR is maybe Relife? Cheers mate! )
I can agree with him at some point that DPS zealot could be strong and could bring you joy and fun, but do not expect too much. I mean, there are many other classes which can bring you fun for less effort (much less effort).

BackIn2021OldPlanB

Post#10 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:24 am

Like Jastojan said. Playing a DPS RP is a struggle.

Playing single hit/DOT spec for a couple of days i find it unrewarding. Sure it's cool, when WE ganks you 1 on 1 and she dies, but apart of already mentioned (to)low single target damage i also feel casting times are to long (2 seconds seem forever).
Runmasta, RP RR83, full SOV/WAR/FORT...
START@LVL1: 26.4.2021
RETIREMENT@RR80: 11.7.2021
QUIT@RR83: 3.9.2021