How does afk kick work?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ridley

How does afk kick work?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:29 am

I am getting constantly disconnected while cultivating plants. I am watching the movie and RoR is on the 2nd monitor, and its keep disconnecting me, but i am active at the RoR window every 3-5 minutes(to restart queus). And thats botherting me because i have to redo cultivating queue in the miracle grow every disconnect. So my question is there a way to prevent this drops? I was even trying to kill monsters between every grow and that wont help either. Is there some sort of solution to this?
P.S. I dont get disconnected while playing SC or RvR, only while afk/cultivating

Ads
Caduceus

Re: How does afk kick work?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am

I've had the same issue, and I think the game kicks you based on standing still for too long while cultivating (when you are cultivating you will get kicked faster). My solution is to walk some distance every 5 minutes or so. Walking ~100ft seems to do the trick.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:44 am

could be the addon causing disconnects for whatever reason?

You shouldn't get disconneted if you walk around or kill monsters.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ridley

Post#4 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:53 am

Caduceus wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:43 am I've had the same issue, and I think the game kicks you based on standing still for too long while cultivating (when you are cultivating you will get kicked faster). My solution is to walk some distance every 5 minutes or so. Walking ~100ft seems to do the trick.
This seems to be working, thank you for advice! So, server mesaure your afk by coordinates then, cuz i was standing still when fighting monsters and got dced anyway.

shoelessHN

Post#5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:33 am

It's some kind of code they added like a year ago because it didn't happen before xmas 2020 that I can remember. But now it just kicks you if you're cultivating at random intervals.

Doesn't even matter if they game thinks you're afk with the "you are marked AFK" message, it'll still boot you. If you stand in one spot and cultivate it will eventually kick you. And I'm sure the people who were botting cultivating didn't figure out a work around (if there is one) to the random kicks. Thus it's only the honest cultivators that are still being booted.

Or there is no fix, and everyone is getting randomly booted no matter what you do. Which would be the only solution to stop botters. And that aligns more with what I've seen over the last year as I used to cultivate and tab out while working from home a lot more.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#6 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:43 am

That doesn't work I kill monsters while watching witcher and get kicked if i just stand in one spot and pq grind. It only kicks me about every thirty minutes but it does kick me. Annoying to say the least, but not overly.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Keula

Post#7 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:17 am

From my experience on waiting long ranked queues, it seems that there is a minimum distance that you have to move every say 30-40?ish mins otherwise the game will kick you without the afk message ever popping up. Walking from the SC quest guy to AH mailbox in IC seems enough so its most likely not that big of a distance that you have to move.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM