Can I multi log for duel arena testing and addon purposes?

Let's talk about... everything else
pvprangergod
Suspended

Can I multi log for duel arena testing and addon purposes?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:01 am

Hi I am wondering am I allowed to log into 2 or 3 accounts at a time as to use the duel arena, for testing abilities and also for addon making/testing.

I am aware of this rule "* No multiboxing. You are only allowed to control one character in the game at a time." but does it apply if I am not doing anything 'productive' (not farming cultivating, not farming renown or experience) and not interfering to PVE or PVP/RVR.

I would just be using the accounts characters as training constructs basically (you can't group with, guard, or heal etc training constructs, so need actual players).

thank you.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Can I multi log for duel arena testing and addon purposes?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 am

Probably not allowed. Imo training constructs should have to low-high armour/resis + attacks with bow/ranged magick so you can disrupt/dodge attacks as well. This would make testing things alot easier but grouping up with em/guarding them why not ? Sounds interesting.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Barboo

Post#3 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 am

I thought having multiple accounts are not allowed, even when you not logged in at the same time. I would love to have another account, all my character slots are full :(

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:30 pm

We've raised this question on discord already and the answer we got is that it's "allowed" given that you are able to prove you are actually making an addon when questioned by a GM.

I have been doing it a lot for the past few months and have yet to get a GM PM. I don't use the the duel arenas however, but instead I stand next to each other in IC or if I need it to be an enemy i log some t1 test chars.
Github / Tighub / Stack

BackIn2021OldPlanB

Post#5 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:46 pm

It would be unreasonable to prohibit "multiple" accounts. What if two brothers wanted to play the game, or few friends from a dorm etc?
Runmasta, RP RR83, full SOV/WAR/FORT...
START@LVL1: 26.4.2021
RETIREMENT@RR80: 11.7.2021
QUIT@RR83: 3.9.2021

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:10 pm

Barboo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 am I thought having multiple accounts are not allowed, even when you not logged in at the same time. I would love to have another account, all my character slots are full :(
We don't have a specific rule about multiple accounts. We have one that clearly states to only use your own account. One that clearly states any accounts in a household may be treated as the same account if rules are violated and action is taken. And the one about multi-boxing is mostly intended for people finding ways to use it for an unfair advantage. Addon development wouldn't reach that level, dueling in the arena technically doesn't provide any benefit either. Now if you were "dueling" in RvR while multiboxing, that's a quick way to have both of your accounts and any connected ones permanently banned without a warning.

@pvprangergod
So considering how close to the line multiboxing in the arena is to getting both accounts perm'd, I would probably just not do it at all and let my curiosity rest, but you do what you feel is safe.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog