Recent Topics

Ads

Pug warband etiquette

Let's talk about... everything else
Everdin

Pug warband etiquette

Post#1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:49 am

First things first, I'm not a great wb-leader or do have a lot of experience, but the lack of organisation and will to changes things in current state of order is frustrating and make the situation more worse.

The things I mention here are not "How to win every fight..." it's just some things we all should do to maybe make bad situations a little bit less devasting.

For the leaders:
1. If you open a warband for rvr, it's often much more then 23 other people do, thank you for that but...
2. ...the most important thing you have to do, and yes, YOU have to do it, is fixing groups, spread the healers and tanks over your warband, so everybody has heal and guard,
nobody else can do this for you, but if you read carefully, a lot of people in your warband will tell you where to put the tanks and healers! If you don't want to do this, don't open a warband.
3. If you just want to gather people and for what reason you are not able to lead, find someone who want to do it, if you cant, just do the minimum, but do it!
4. Gather your members, most of the time it is enough if you just remember them to follow, this will increase the chance people will stay with you.
5. Don't just ride away if there is/was a fight, talk to your members say "we are moving" and wait so everyone has the chance to gather.
6. Next things are a little bit more advanced, but worth it. READ what the people say in your warband, they give informations you may need.
7. If someone says "could you please put me in the group with my guildmates", do it if it doesn't violate rule 2! It's worth it as well, they know each other and maybe are in the same voice!
8. Read what other warbands are doing, try do communicate, if there is an organized warband listen to them, follow them.

For the members:
1. If you have enemy, mark the leader. If not, download Enemy and mark the leader.
2. Follow your leader!
3. If a main assist is called, assist.
4. If the leader say "back" stop going forward, just pull back
4. Tanks, use your guard, otherwise you are just a waste of space in a warband (hard but true). In Funnel situations, guard melee over range and throw your body in the way, if you are the only one not getting hit on inc, something went wrong. Stay with your guarded friend! Use Hold the Line.
5. Dps, if the tank don't stay with you, stay with your tank.
6. Dps healers, look around is there another healer in your party? If not, switch tactics and make some basic heals. If you are to pride for this...thats okay, look at your group carefully before fight, they will die, and you could have changed it. Oh.. and you will die also faster.
7. Healers, ... nothing, just glad you play one, thank you! ...maybe if there is room for it, take care of the other groups and especially rezz other healers, but serious, thank you!!!
8. Try not to die at silly places, at a keep make a few steps away from wall before you hit 0%

For all:
1. (and only) Fight! It's a game, noone will hurt you in real life if you get hit by a chopper, don't watch two warbands of enemys raming a door, look if there are maybe smaller groups of enemys at poster and wipe them this will help others to get to the fight. If your realm pushes, push with them. If you are not sure if you should join a fight, do it! Nothing will harm you!

Feel free to edit, comment or destroy this post, can't get more frustrating to read then to play order atm.
Last edited by Everdin on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Kpi

Re: Pug warband etiquette

Post#2 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:39 pm

Very nice post!!!

I will add a thing for the members

-Don't complain about addons used for lead the WB (like Autoband), Organizing a WB Pug is hard and tiring, and these addons help a lot. This addons do the WB stay close. You don't wanna your tank/heal at 500fts of the combat.
-Don't add to ignore list to WB leaders. The "annoying" messages are important to organize the WB
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

tazdingo

Post#3 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:00 pm

something only the best pub leaders understand -if theres some mass ooga booga going on and people are getting decent kills, ordering everyone to stop and go run boxes on the other side of the zone is the quickest way to get them to stop listening to you

Evilest

Post#4 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 pm

autoband is cancer

Sulorie

Post#5 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 am

Tbh, the people who have to read this do not visit forums.
Dying is no option.

arxcaeli

Post#6 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 am

Seems to be trivial, but a new player might find useful stuff. I didn't know about assist for a long time for example.

Not much about the post, just wonder the logic behind:
6. Dps healers, look around is there another healer in your party? If not, switch tactics and make some basic heals. If you are to pride for this...thats okay, look at your group carefully before fight, they will die, and you could have changed it. Oh.. and you will die also faster.
Why it is not the same as:
Login with your healer?
Or SM, if there too many tanks (just imagine!!!), forget about your tank pride and login with healer/DPS. You will live longer etc...

See it as quite toxic behavior. If I am playing as DPS, why is it different from other DPS classes?
If I want to heal, I would login with my geared healer.

Anyways, we play for fun. Somebody has fun from soloing, somebody has fun from coordination. It is pug wb after all.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:20 am

arxcaeli wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 am Seems to be trivial, but a new player might find useful stuff. I didn't know about assist for a long time for example.

Login with your healer?
Or SM, if there too many tanks (just imagine!!!), forget about your tank pride and login with healer/DPS. You will live longer etc...

See it as quite toxic behavior. If I am playing as DPS, why is it different from other DPS classes?

Anyways, we play for fun. Somebody has fun from soloing, somebody has fun from coordination. It is pug wb after all.
Maybe it is supposed to mean, don't join a warband as healer, tank or dps, if there are already too many of that archetype in the warband.
Furthermore, if you play dps spec healer, don't join warband, if there are already too many dps and e.g. too few healers. If you join, feel free to respec.
But in the end, this not up to the warband member to decide, the leader has to pay attention.
Dying is no option.

zulnam

Post#8 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am

Very much agree. And for the casual leaders out there that just want a group that doesn't slurp spheres, Autoband is the best addon out there. Helps with generation and management of the warband.

A leader has a lot of stuff to do, and this addon cuts down on the admin tremendously: auto LFG messages, command to redo groups into 2/2/2, auto kick if player is not meeting conditions (too low, too far etc.). It's very cool, highly recommend it.

I know there's also an addon to make your text look like a link (to be more visible) but i don't know the name. That one is useful as well.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:10 am

arxcaeli wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:34 am Seems to be trivial, but a new player might find useful stuff. I didn't know about assist for a long time for example.

Login with your healer?

The difference is that you can progress the char you want at this point. I'm not talking about respecing and getting full heal gear, just step in the breach. Like I wrote, if you don't want, thats okay, nobody should force you, but be aware that you could be the one who could change the way a fight goes with simply changing tactic set.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Kpi

Post#10 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

Evilest wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:10 pm autoband is cancer
Only give a reason for that :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+