Recent Topics

Ads

On the issue of xrealming

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

On the issue of xrealming

Post#1 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm

Salutations my fellow Warhammer enthusiasts, I'm come here before you not to lead on a long hauled thread about the DOs and DON'Ts of xrealming and the problematic issues it brings forth but to publicly ask for apology for my sins.

I admit before the whole community that I am, or well since I put that in the past, WAS a xrealmer; yes that means that I did switch sides for the sole purpose of fulfilling my own goals in this game. But sadly my crime doesn't stop there, not only did I xrealmer (which alone already is a grave sin) but I forced others, guildies, friends and even random players that joined my warbands to xrealm with me with threats that they WOULD not be welcome in my warbands otherwise in the future.
The wise ones obviously decline and decide to have nothing to do with me, but many others followed me down this dark path, to the point that sometimes we had ZERO contribution in any one zone after playing for hours on end because we just couldn't stop switching sides whenever my greed called for it, ending up with nothing but the awful feeling of killing our own comrades we just defended a keep alongside with.

I would like to say that I have reformed but with no strong lockout existing I FEAR for my self that the allure of switching will pull me back into the dark pit of being a xrealmer.
So I beg the staff to put a stronger lockdown on all and any xrealmer activities and I also beg the community for forgiveness.

Thank you for listening to my rant.
t. Washed up warband leader

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Re: On the issue of xrealming

Post#2 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm

dont do nothing with xrealm
but add
1. double currency drop for low pop side (not AAO)
2. auto-win for underpopulated side in sc (right now it count win by score so high pop side in sc always easy gain more scores)
3. dramatically increase stats, crits, defense for low pop side

Everdin

Post#3 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:36 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm dont do nothing with xrealm
but add
2. auto-win for underpopulated side in sc (right now it count win by score so high pop side in sc always easy gain more scores)
1. Really great idea!
2. Que with 6 people, keep one outside -> ez win...good idea!!!!!!!
3. not sure, maybe without "dramatically"
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Everdin wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:36 pm
btbw2009 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm dont do nothing with xrealm
but add
1. Really great idea!
2. Que with 6 people, keep one outside -> ez win...good idea!!!!!!!
3. not sure, maybe without "dramatically"
im think you dont understand
queue with 6 ppl, one keep outside -> no ez win, because balancer will invite solo ppl
also 1 missed ppl dont end sc in 2 min as unbalanced
so you can try cheat it with group missed one or two ppl, but its dont mean this group will win
right now balancer (not queued ppl) allow to auto-win ppl on destro side (and many other things which almost always play on destro side - im found it funny and think it have very easy reason - Destro start from D letter but Order start with O - so program code first try to solve Destro problems like invite 12 ppl to SC and then try to balance it with second side Order, so SC filled with 7 ppl on order, 2min domination of destro, more points on their side - destro auto win)
its kiddish error but it happen again and again

Everdin

Post#5 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 am

btbw2009 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm im think you dont understand
queue with 6 ppl, one keep outside -> no ez win, because balancer will invite solo ppl
also 1 missed ppl dont end sc in 2 min as unbalanced
so you can try cheat it with group missed one or two ppl, but its dont mean this group will win
I took my answer to easy, sorry for that! Of course it's not that easy, but give people the possibility to abuse this system and they will.
right now balancer (not queued ppl) allow to auto-win ppl on destro side (and many other things which almost always play on destro side - im found it funny and think it have very easy reason - Destro start from D letter but Order start with O - so program code first try to solve Destro problems like invite 12 ppl to SC and then try to balance it with second side Order, so SC filled with 7 ppl on order, 2min domination of destro, more points on their side - destro auto win)
its kiddish error but it happen again and again
I can't confirm or deny this, cause I have no insight in the code, but I'm pretty sure this is not how it works...

Real problem is on the playerbase, there are just not enough tanks on order side. The system checks if there is a possibility of 2:2:2 on both sides if not it says f... it here we go with 3:2:1 ( or other combo).

It would be easy to say "wait for straight 2:2:2 with not exception", but better buy a good book for the waiting time between scenarios.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

warlover

Post#6 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:07 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm Salutations my fellow Warhammer enthusiasts, I'm come here before you not to lead on a long hauled thread about the DOs and DON'Ts of xrealming and the problematic issues it brings forth but to publicly ask for apology for my sins.

I admit before the whole community that I am, or well since I put that in the past, WAS a xrealmer; yes that means that I did switch sides for the sole purpose of fulfilling my own goals in this game. But sadly my crime doesn't stop there, not only did I xrealmer (which alone already is a grave sin) but I forced others, guildies, friends and even random players that joined my warbands to xrealm with me with threats that they WOULD not be welcome in my warbands otherwise in the future.
The wise ones obviously decline and decide to have nothing to do with me, but many others followed me down this dark path, to the point that sometimes we had ZERO contribution in any one zone after playing for hours on end because we just couldn't stop switching sides whenever my greed called for it, ending up with nothing but the awful feeling of killing our own comrades we just defended a keep alongside with.

I would like to say that I have reformed but with no strong lockout existing I FEAR for my self that the allure of switching will pull me back into the dark pit of being a xrealmer.
So I beg the staff to put a stronger lockdown on all and any xrealmer activities and I also beg the community for forgiveness.

Off to the Gallows with you :twisted:

kirraha

Post#7 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:19 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:22 pm Salutations my fellow Warhammer enthusiasts, I'm come here before you not to lead on a long hauled thread about the DOs and DON'Ts of xrealming and the problematic issues it brings forth but to publicly ask for apology for my sins.

The lockout down solve ****. It hasn't improved anything of bad player behavior. Only more punish on us player who has tried to balance it through the years. Now you want even longer lockouts? x'D

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Everdin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 am
I can't confirm or deny this, cause I have no insight in the code, but I'm pretty sure this is not how it works...

Real problem is on the playerbase, there are just not enough tanks on order side. The system checks if there is a possibility of 2:2:2 on both sides if not it says f... it here we go with 3:2:1 ( or other combo).

It would be easy to say "wait for straight 2:2:2 with not exception", but better buy a good book for the waiting time between scenarios.
my solution is not final but best fit to gameplay
wanna play without tanks? ok, lets wait 10 min in queue THEN start SC with equal classes on both sides (only equal, not 5WH+BW vs 4BO+2DokS) and dont add to middle of SC more ppl
im have solution for matchmaking, what about u? dont like to read books? but im dont like have zero-chance scenarios because FAST and ugly balancer add me with bunch of useless classes
https://i.imgur.com/YRMIyFr.jpg

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:40 pm

I'm fine with the existing matchmaking.
There are three steps why it's okay for me:
1. I'm a bad solo player so I'm happy I can que solo and get some dudes on my side.
2. If there are no tanks/healers when I que solo but I want to play sc, I log tank or healer.
3. If I want to play my dps in a decent group, I build one.

The last step is the magic in this:
If I loose with a premade against enemy randoms OR premades, they were better then me. BUT I'm not writing an angry post about evil premades, I try to make it better next time!

Who do you even are that you come along, playing this game for a year and thinking "Oh yeah, I know what to do, I know this game and the community better then this guys actually developing this since years"
Last edited by Everdin on Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:42 pm

ahh, angry post
then enjoy auto-win on destro, np
thought we have forum for improve game, but look like we have forum for help destro only, rest is angry post