Recent Topics

Ads

Win10/Win11 Graphics Settings - Offload some CPU work to the GPU

Let's talk about... everything else
Tankbeardz

Win10/Win11 Graphics Settings - Offload some CPU work to the GPU

Post#1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:43 pm

1. Search for "Graphics settings" in Windows
2. In the Custom options for apps window, select Browse under the "Add an app" dropdown.
3. Create 1 setting for WAR.exe (32 bit) and/or 1 for WAR-64.exe (64 bit)
4. For each setting you created, click on Options, select your GPU, and hit save

I haven't done extensive testing with this yet, but I am now able to run the game on high settings (I mean it's actually playable in large fights) if I choose. I noticed that my GPU utilization went from 0% to around 30% while playing RoR.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: Win10/Win11 Graphics Settings - Offload some CPU work to the GPU

Post#2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:43 pm 1. Search for "Graphics settings" in Windows
2. In the Custom options for apps window, select Browse under the "Add an app" dropdown.
4. For each setting you created, click on Options, select your GPU, and hit save

I haven't done extensive testing with this yet, but I am now able to run the game on high settings (I mean it's actually playable in large fights) if I choose. I noticed that my GPU utilization went from 0% to around 30% while playing RoR.
This is because you have an Intel integrated card and WAR was using that over your dedicated GPU.

Tankbeardz

Re: Win10/Win11 Graphics Settings - Offload some CPU work to the GPU

Post#3 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:49 am

Secrets wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:43 pm 1. Search for "Graphics settings" in Windows

This is because you have an Intel integrated card and WAR was using that over your dedicated GPU.
It's AMD but your statement is true enough. Unfortunately, I can't fix the mislabeled title (Should have said APU) -- but I doubt I'm the only one with that issue. Hopefully it can help someone.