Recent Topics

Ads

Which talisman do you recommend?

Let's talk about... everything else
Deathsaw

Which talisman do you recommend?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:06 pm

Friends, I have a question about which talisman to put in my tank.

I have a BG and I will equip Vanquisher this week, I intend to do PVP and PVE with this set.

Some people say Toug in PVE is useless and others say it helps.

Although BG has a very good tactic to buff Toug, which talisman do you recommend so that I have a useful set in both PVE and PVP?

Note: For now I can't have a set option for each content :(

Ty!

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: Which talisman do you recommend?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 pm

Toughness is very close to useless in PvE (due to very high boss base dmg that doesn't get mitigated much by toughness and sometimes armor too), but if you plan on stacking toughness for PvP you can use it on Vanq for PvE, but otherwise go wounds or armor if you are struggling on dungeons.

Personally went for a mix of toughness (helm+shoulder+gloves) and wounds in the rest, putting the talis in items with high amount of the stat already.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Deathsaw

Post#3 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 pm Toughness is very close to useless in PvE (due to very high boss base dmg that doesn't get mitigated much by toughness and sometimes armor too), but if you plan on stacking toughness for PvE you can use it on Vanq for PvE, but otherwise go wounds or armor if you are struggling on dungeons.

Personally went for a mix of toughness (helm+shoulder+gloves) and wounds in the rest, putting the talis in items with high amount of the stat already.
Ty :P

tazdingo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 pm

there are certain markers you want to hit as a tank - 10k wounds to eat morals, 400~ str so your cc doesn't get avoided, then 0% to be crit through some method (you can use futile strikes or ini, tank sov helps a LOT so factor that in, remember debuffs if you use ini)

you can use the min/max tool to figure out what your stats will look like and then just use talis to fill in the gaps:

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=29557

anything left spend on whatever you want. tough is always nice on tanks but super nice on BG as the talis contribute to terrifying foe. more wounds is always good on everyone. dont put armour on a tank its dumb

Deathsaw

Post#5 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:23 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 pm there are certain markers you want to hit as a tank - 10k wounds to eat morals, 400~ str so your cc doesn't get avoided, then 0% to be crit through some method (you can use futile strikes or ini, tank sov helps a LOT so factor that in, remember debuffs if you use ini)

you can use the min/max tool to figure out what your stats will look like and then just use talis to fill in the gaps:

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=29557

anything left spend on whatever you want. tough is always nice on tanks but super nice on BG as the talis contribute to terrifying foe. more wounds is always good on everyone. dont put armour on a tank its dumb
Oh nice! Ty for help ;)

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:17 am

10500 health is highly recommended

Cyrylius

Post#7 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:04 am

Toughness softcapping at 1050 means you only need about 700-800 to overcap it, if you can reach it without potion you'll have some leeway with using linis or other pots (str?). For BG in 2H some people use WS for parry buff, but unless stacking very high parry % toughness is probably better.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.