Recent Topics

Ads

In Game Sequencer Question

Let's talk about... everything else
Morradin

In Game Sequencer Question

Post#1 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 am

Since it is ok for new addons that auto target hurt players for healing and guard (War Triage and Guard addons), can we also update the In game sequencer to skip abilities not useable?

Prime example, Warrior Priest / DoK
Both classes have damage/ snare-root breaking/ protective abilities that work with certain mastery trees and not others. So if say I am playing heal spec, and want to switch to 2h or shield spec, I have to manually sit and move abilities into main ability bar, and others out.

With NB I could stack the abilities and NB would use appropriate ability depending on if I had a Book/Cup, or Shield, or 2h/Dual wield.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: In Game Sequencer Question

Post#2 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm

Which is one of the reasons NB was blocked.

If you want to use a sequence, build the sequence. The AddOn building the sequence for you / reacting for you, can be classed as automation.

War Triage targets low health players, similar to SwiftAssist - you still have to perform an action.

Guard isn't even in the same ballgame. It's a visual guide.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Morradin

Post#3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:47 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm Which is one of the reasons NB was blocked.

If you want to use a sequence, build the sequence. The AddOn building the sequence for you / reacting for you, can be classed as automation.

War Triage targets low health players, similar to SwiftAssist - you still have to perform an action.

Obvious you have no clue how NB worked do you?
Just like War triage except instead of targeting people, it target usable abilities. NB picked first working ability in a stack, and that is it. The player still had to play the ability or not and play another on another stack. NB did not automate anything, p-layers still had to use their keyboards and mice. Just like War Triage and SwiftAssist target players, it is still up to players to use the abilities.

So... if it is ok for War Triage to skip a healthy player, why is it not ok for the sequencer to skip an unusable ability? If you do not see that both are the same then you have a wrongly placed bias.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:58 am

Morradin wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:47 am
Kaelang wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm Which is one of the reasons NB was blocked.

Just like War triage except instead of targeting people, it target usable abilities. NB picked first working ability in a stack, and that is it. The player still had to play the ability or not and play another on another stack. NB did not automate anything, p-layers still had to use their keyboards and mice. Just like War Triage and SwiftAssist target players, it is still up to players to use the abilities.

So... if it is ok for War Triage to skip a healthy player, why is it not ok for the sequencer to skip an unusable ability? If you do not see that both are the same then you have a wrongly placed bias.
Does War Triage cycle between debuffs / shielding / HotS and healing in an optimal manner like NB did with conditionals?

If so sure I'll take another look at it.

From my understanding War Triage acts as a 'target lowest health, do nothing'. It doesn't show you the optimal method of healing by pressing one button?

Or am I mistaken?

Happy to stand corrected if so.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

mynban

Post#5 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:16 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:58 am

Does War Triage cycle between debuffs / shielding / HotS and healing in an optimal manner like NB did with conditionals?

From my understanding War Triage acts as a 'target lowest health, do nothing'. It doesn't show you the optimal method of healing by pressing one button?

Or am I mistaken?

That is pure hypocrisy; "we are fine with one form of conditional checks and automation but not with another type Dalen didn't like that was part of the game for forever".

Also why is the dev team pretending that underground version of NB that swaps skill bar instead single skill doesn't exist?

Not that at this point people who left RoR for ESO and GW2 will come back, but still frustrating to see the hypocrisy.

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:29 am

NB also allow u to teleport and double renowns
how ppl can write this BS when they just dont know how it work?
ahh, its incompetence started from casual player and ended with developer which banned NB
improving game? make it playable and take leisure here? no way, channel detection and positional check - its cheat, die!
roflmao!!!
now any addon its cheat, automation and no-skill
Luddite alive again!

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:44 am

addons that are created to optimize crafting - all cheats, as they automate the process without human intervention.

enemy mark shows the character through the walls - a definite cheat since it does not look realistic.

an addon that excludes from the warband if a person is out of the zone from the leader for some time, this is also a cheat, since the game process is automated.

with this logic, you need to block a half addons in the game then)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:38 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:22 pm If you want to use a sequence, build the sequence.
did you tried read what topic starter write in his topic before post your righteous fury answer?
sequencer is very stupid addon and cannot be compared with NB
for example - if choose tactic for no cd cleanse and leace cleanse in sequence - it will be casted all times when sequencer see it up
stupid and weird addon, im dont blame author of this addon, but selfish devteam

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 pm

Or am I mistaken?

But we are not talking about NB. We are talking about the in game sequncer allowing skipping of a greyed out ability in a stack.

YOU want to complain about NB and talk about it. The in game sequencer does not cycle debuffs, shielding, or anything else you mention. (reality is NB did not do that either, but I digress.)

I made a suggestion for the in game sequencer, and you started spewing NB stuff.

Everdin

Post#10 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:39 pm

Morradin wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 pm

Or am I mistaken?

But we are not talking about NB. We are talking about the in game sequncer allowing skipping of a greyed out ability in a stack.

YOU want to complain about NB and talk about it. The in game sequencer does not cycle debuffs, shielding, or anything else you mention. (reality is NB did not do that either, but I digress.)

I made a suggestion for the in game sequencer, and you started spewing NB stuff.
His main point is not the automation of the ability use (by klicking) but the automation of the decision. And thats whats matter if you look on other addons:
SwiftAssist does not take away any action, it just extends the way the game handles the assist. It doesn't say "this target is low and best target to kill".
Sequence does automation in a small way, just for cooldowns or target switch. What is far more then useless btw...
WarTriage & EZGuard definetly fall in this category for they take away a big decision from the player what player to guard/heal
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs