Recent Topics

Ads

How to survive a WH?

Let's talk about... everything else
Fey

Re: How to survive a WH?

Post#21 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 am

A big reason why this particular MMO works is because most classes feel powerful/OP a lot of the time. Detaunt alone is just a fantastic mechanic in pvp. I'm shocked it took so long for someone to put it in their game.

Guard is another example. Very powerful ability to get people to play tank. This of course makes balance that much more difficult, but as was mentioned before it's casuals that make a server. You need people to keep logging in. They won't do that if they feel their class is gimp.

Stealthers may be strong, but they don't get Perma stealth like DaoC. And they can fulfill a group DPS role in WAR. In DaoC you'd have to get your head checked before grouping a stealther. They are overturned ATM, but that's better than the stealth archetype being shite. There's no Thane level fail class in ROR, that's a positive.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Cptkud

Post#22 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm

messerjockel wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:22 pm Too bad that there are no data how many players quietly left ROR because they get constantly killed by WE/WH which limited their game experience.
You know guys, I talk about the casual player which keeps a mmorpg alive, not the hardcore gamers.

BR

Messerjockel
I did, I quit for a long time because of it. It's not fun, seems even worse now. Nothing but Sov stealth classes running around in groups of 5+. I get knocked down and by the time I get up I'm dead. I only came back to the game because of the crest system making it a little easier to get sov. But, it's weighing on me again. Don't even get a chance to fight back.

sharpblader

Post#23 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm

Cptkud wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm
messerjockel wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:22 pm Too bad that there are no data how many players quietly left ROR because they get constantly killed by WE/WH which limited their game experience.
You know guys, I talk about the casual player which keeps a mmorpg alive, not the hardcore gamers.

BR

Messerjockel
I did, I quit for a long time because of it. It's not fun, seems even worse now. Nothing but Sov stealth classes running around in groups of 5+. I get knocked down and by the time I get up I'm dead. I only came back to the game because of the crest system making it a little easier to get sov. But, it's weighing on me again. Don't even get a chance to fight back.
What class are you playing? Maybe some suggestions can be given on how to counter them.

Hysteri4

Post#24 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Cptkud wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm Nothing but Sov stealth classes running around in groups of 5+.
Blatant lies make it kind of hard to respond in an informative way. I'll still try to do so.
Cptkud wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:44 pm I get knocked down and by the time I get up I'm dead. Don't even get a chance to fight back.
Here are a few tips to piss off every WE/WH.
  • Don't run around solo unless you have a solo roaming build and the money for potions. Congratulations, you now have avoided 95% of WH/WE ganks
  • Build defense. Contrary to your post, the majority of WH/WE roam solo and most don't wear sov. If you build some defensive renown and talismans, you will easily avoid dying in a knockdown from a single WH. There are few classes that stand NO chance of escaping a WH/WE. Competent Healers are almost impossible to kill. Competent tanks often take a dangerous amout of time to kill. DPS should also build some defense, especially if for some godforsaken reason they want to run around solo without having the necessary gear.
  • Run. Use your slows and staggers and knockbacks, pop a potion and flee. You have no idea how annoying it is for a WH/WE when your enemy realises they don't have to fight a losing battle. Chasing an enemy who is willing to use potions and who hasn't neglected their defensive stats is often times a bad idea.
  • If that mythical full sov rr80+ group of WH/WE is looking for singles in your area. Deal with it. Find a WB. It has nothing to with stealth classes. If anything a more balanced high rr roaming group or just 3 shammies/archmages grouping up is going to be far more deadly than any WH/WE squad

FinduilAsuryan

Post#25 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 pm

Guardian wl, Trade knockdowns, kill we. Doesnt Work all the Tine But Most.

Off sm, sap ap, kd yourself, wiggle greatsword

Works for me
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Arla

Post#26 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:47 pm

BR

Messerjockel
They were powerful on live and they are way overtuned here. I'm certain people have simply moved to other games based on the massive disparity in power and the perma-stealth aspect (at least on this server) of their gameplay. Not only is it poor design to have a character class that's so powerful, it's invisibility adds to the underpopulated feel when there are less players you can actually see. Hope it gets fixed asap, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Valarion

Post#27 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:52 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:14 am Wounds and futile strikes detaunt before knockdown pots etc

This is a great start.

Stack as much wounds as possible and a detaunt if you can get it off is clutch. Along with Futile Strikes, Ive found that Trivial Blows can help too. Triple pot if possible. You might even want to create a "help" macro if you arent in discord too.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

loik

Post#28 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:50 am

Speaking from destro side (witch elves are more or less the same), WHs as a stealth class are just total BS. Pretty much permanent stealth, stealth is incredibly hard to detect in this game and isn't reliable at all, stealth is unbreakable, can stealth in combat, can 5s incapacitate + jump back to literally have 0% chance to die in a 1v1 if playing safe and can abuse any kind of height to save himself, can kite and do almost full damage to other melees thanks to ranged finishers, has over the top self healing with bullets / kisses, has on-demand dodge/parry M1, has a vanish + speed increase, completely ignores AP usage after stealth openers...

All of that would be fine, if they had some sort of counter, apart from literally not getting caught or just running with 10 more guys. You can walk through an entire WB and not be detected, you can have a guy actively AoEing you down in stealth, knowing that you are there because you just stealthed in his face after you failed to gank him, yet your stealth doesn't break, you can very easily disengage from a failed 1v1 or even some 1vManies, you can very easily wait for an eternity in stealth like a wow rogue except with none of wow stealth mechanics and way less chances of retaliation...

I do believe the insane strength of RoR stealth classes in wPvP leads to frustrations and players quitting, and "LMAO JUST RUN IN A WB, JUST BUILD DEFENSES AND RUN" is completely ignoring an actual problem.

Ads
messerjockel

Post#29 » Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 am

You are certainly right, some players left, some just log out for the night because they are disappointed from countless death without having a counter.
It is not the fault of the ROR team that they improved those classes 1.5 years ago. That can happen, s… happens.

The ROR teams fault is that they ignored countless forum threads of players in 1.5 years about those 2 classes and the complaints in them and did nothing about it at all.

BR

Messerjockel.

Morradin

Post#30 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 am

I do not know if it got mentioned, not going to read 3 pages worth of comments, but INIT helps a lot too. Especially in seeing a stealthed WE/WH, and in breaking their stealth.