Recent Topics

Ads

How to survive a WH?

Let's talk about... everything else
Hysteri4

Re: How to survive a WH?

Post#41 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:36 pm As a meta-choppa? Run.

Unless you are geared and using a particular build for ST that focuses on killing WH, just run. It isn't worth it. To be frank it's a bad joke.
Damn, I didn't know it was this bad :cry:
You really have to change from your warband build to a solo build to win against a class who's only purpose it is to solo roam?

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#42 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Hysteri4 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:23 pm

Unless you are geared and using a particular build for ST that focuses on killing WH, just run. It isn't worth it. To be frank it's a bad joke.
You really have to change from your warband build to a solo build to win against a class who's only purpose it is to solo roam?
Let me put it in the kindest, most honest way humanly possible: Just. Run.

No, you hate running cuz you're not a coward? Ok, fine then. Against a WH, a warband build is no good (unless you are fighting a WH as a duo or more but I've seen WHs literally solo three people at once and come out with more than half health). First of all, a 2H Choppa will generally have more health and better parry breakthrough (maybe a tich more armor pen, depends). While a 1h choppa will have more parry chance, it doesn't mean anything when the WH autoparries 100% of the time for 10 seconds and you don't, but still hits you as if you have no armor and crits like mad. Oh, what's that? He'll auto-heal more points than you can damage him for? Boo hoo, cry harder. A 2H choppa will have roughly more success. But a AOE Choppa...well if you spec into Bleeds, that can help. That said it's just not a balanced outcome. I've lost more fights than I've won. It's just how it is in RoR these days.

The fact of the matter, is WH are like fireballs. They hit hard but fizzle out quickly. The trick is to stall for time: Once they hit you, you need to drag the fight out. Run to a healer, chug potions, use your tank buddy to guard your ass, keep them at arm's length. Then counterattack and CC, disable them like the Wrath of God has come upon them (THEY. WILL. RUN. GET'EM). But most are completely useless if they are by themselves (that said it doesn't matter if they are and you're by yourself unless you're a Welf, then it's 50/50) but a group of WHs are just...like I said. A really bad joke.

diedrake

Post#43 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:07 am

Simple to survive a Wh/we... Dont solo haha. Hate to say it but those classes in current iteration killed solo play for just about every other class.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Gladiolix

Post#44 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:23 pm

No, you hate running cuz you're not a coward? Ok, fine then. Against a WH, a warband build is no good (unless you are fighting a WH as a duo or more but I've seen WHs literally solo three people at once and come out with more than half health). First of all, a 2H Choppa will generally have more health and better parry breakthrough (maybe a tich more armor pen, depends). While a 1h choppa will have more parry chance, it doesn't mean anything when the WH autoparries 100% of the time for 10 seconds and you don't, but still hits you as if you have no armor and crits like mad. Oh, what's that? He'll auto-heal more points than you can damage him for? Boo hoo, cry harder. A 2H choppa will have roughly more success. But a AOE Choppa...well if you spec into Bleeds, that can help. That said it's just not a balanced outcome. I've lost more fights than I've won. It's just how it is in RoR these days.

The fact of the matter, is WH are like fireballs. They hit hard but fizzle out quickly. The trick is to stall for time: Once they hit you, you need to drag the fight out. Run to a healer, chug potions, use your tank buddy to guard your ass, keep them at arm's length. Then counterattack and CC, disable them like the Wrath of God has come upon them (THEY. WILL. RUN. GET'EM). But most are completely useless if they are by themselves (that said it doesn't matter if they are and you're by yourself unless you're a Welf, then it's 50/50) but a group of WHs are just...like I said. A really bad joke.
Funny enough my Choppa runs solo pretty much the same build it runs in wb. (I do take Chop Fasta in wbs usually)
RoR.builders - Choppa
Full invader gear with WS talismans, Bloodlord+fort weapons. Beastlord 3pc. Riposte build with full parry from renown+sentinel parry talisman.
Wrecks most solo WHs that dare to jump on you. Use potions after they knock you down if needed, build your rage and once full rage, pop Drop da basha and Furious chopping. Bring it on after that. I use parry morale as the 1st one, popping it as soons as its ready.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

messerjockel

Post#45 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am

Shogun4138 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:47 pm
messerjockel wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 am You are certainly right, some players left, some just log out for the night because they are disappointed from countless death without having a counter.
It is not the fault of the ROR team that they improved those classes 1.5 years ago. That can happen, s… happens.

The ROR teams fault is that they ignored countless forum threads of players in 1.5 years about those 2 classes and the complaints in them and did nothing about it at all.

BR

Messerjockel.
Or the fact that We/Wh die way more than your are aware of. Just because one or a few killed you while your were solo doesn't mean they are OP. I'm fairly certain the Dev's can look at the kill to death ratio and see that the stealth classes die at a fairly high rate.

When looking at the leading killers on the kill board, its typically never WH/WE.

Most of the anti Wh/We posts are probably someone soloing to get too their party or Warband. They die and run to the forums.

The fact that you see stealthers teaming up is a clear indicator that even for them killing solo has become very difficult. So many ways to counter them and many other strong solo classes or small man groups running around.

We could get in here and complain about slayers being OP, White lions hitting 10 times in same second, Arch mages soloing 6 man groups. All classes have great get away tools, except tanks.

I don’t know if they die more than I am aware off but the important point is, they initiate the fight, it is their choice to leave stealth.
The victim does not have the luxury of a choice and just has to accept that they die because they had no choice in this and are target of a superior class with every toy and skill needed to do kill them.

If I see a slayer, I can run the other way. I cannot run from a WE/WH because I don’t know that they are here with me.

BR

Messerjockel.

WaaaghBoy88

Post#46 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:15 pm

@Gladiolix: I use a Warband focused build, I don't have Furious Choppin' for example. So I can see you survive better than myself. I use 7p Sov, or 5/3 Sov/WL depending.

diegomess

Post#47 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:51 pm

the problem is the absorb + stealth or undefendable 6 sec stagger + being able to cast stealth while in jump so they basically land stealthed, feels so cheap
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Hysteri4

Post#48 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:26 pm

diedrake wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:07 am Simple to survive a Wh/we... Dont solo haha. Hate to say it but those classes in current iteration killed solo play for just about every other class.
This is absolutely wrong. There are a LOT of classes that do very well against WHs if build and played correctly. Shammies, def Maras, Magi, BGs, Chosen, Choppas.
The reason you don't see these classes (except for Shamans) roaming more, is because a lot of them have some very bad matchups against other classes, like Archmages for example.

Ads
Sofong

Post#49 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Funny enough my Choppa runs solo pretty much the same build it runs in wb. (I do take Chop Fasta in wbs usually)
RoR.builders - Choppa
Full invader gear with WS talismans, Bloodlord+fort weapons. Beastlord 3pc. Riposte build with full parry from renown+sentinel parry talisman.
Wrecks most solo WHs that dare to jump on you. Use potions after they knock you down if needed, build your rage and once full rage, pop Drop da basha and Furious chopping. Bring it on after that. I use parry morale as the 1st one, popping it as soons as its ready.
this works ok-ish vs dragon gun whs, but still get burst down by typical rb+bal whs, they are so bursty fight dont last to red, basically the same thing with wls like over 10k dmg in 5s. but whs have way more escape tools.

Shogun4138

Post#50 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:57 am

messerjockel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am
Shogun4138 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:47 pm
messerjockel wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 am You are certainly right, some players left, some just log out for the night because they are disappointed from countless death without having a counter.
It is not the fault of the ROR team that they improved those classes 1.5 years ago. That can happen, s… happens.

The ROR teams fault is that they ignored countless forum threads of players in 1.5 years about those 2 classes and the complaints in them and did nothing about it at all.

BR

Messerjockel.
Or the fact that We/Wh die way more than your are aware of. Just because one or a few killed you while your were solo doesn't mean they are OP. I'm fairly certain the Dev's can look at the kill to death ratio and see that the stealth classes die at a fairly high rate.

When looking at the leading killers on the kill board, its typically never WH/WE.

Most of the anti Wh/We posts are probably someone soloing to get too their party or Warband. They die and run to the forums.

The fact that you see stealthers teaming up is a clear indicator that even for them killing solo has become very difficult. So many ways to counter them and many other strong solo classes or small man groups running around.

We could get in here and complain about slayers being OP, White lions hitting 10 times in same second, Arch mages soloing 6 man groups. All classes have great get away tools, except tanks.

I don’t know if they die more than I am aware off but the important point is, they initiate the fight, it is their choice to leave stealth.
The victim does not have the luxury of a choice and just has to accept that they die because they had no choice in this and are target of a superior class with every toy and skill needed to do kill them.

If I see a slayer, I can run the other way. I cannot run from a WE/WH because I don’t know that they are here with me.

BR

Messerjockel.

So you solo play and don't like getting killed by another solo player. Unless of course you have the advantage to win. Makes sense 😵
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**