Recent Topics

Ads

How to survive a WH?

Let's talk about... everything else
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: How to survive a WH?

Post#31 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:38 am

i tryed running more and less initative, and it seems completely bugged and to have no effect whatsoever on seeing a welf in stealth.

Ads
billyk

Post#32 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 am

sh0tcalla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:10 pm Now in 2022 100% of the time a WH pops out of stealth, I'm literally dead before I stand back up from their initial KD. Literally 100%. Now is there something I'm missing? I'm seriously asking advice here because from my current experience, once a WH pops out on you then it's instant win for them. Free RR. Free kill. There is no chance to even defend or escape unless you are surrounded by a group.
This is simply WH having been buffed to the level that WE was always on (Well not quite because WE can be RDPS too since their kisses proc off thrown weapons). Problem?

billyk

Post#33 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:51 am

Fey wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:12 am A big reason why this particular MMO works is because most classes feel powerful/OP a lot of the time.
How to say you play destro without saying you play destro.

rilor

Post#34 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:32 am

Lion1986 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:38 am how to survive a WH/WE:

- you can't.
I’m a slayer. I have a specific rotation for killing WE who ambush me. There was a time when i would die 80% of the time. Now i win 85%-90% of my solo battles. And someone mentioned hunting WEs - I hunt anyone, including WEs.

:mrgreen: Peace

ince

Post#35 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:49 am

I play a WH and maybe its because im bad at the class or you are just unlucky that you run into every sov WH in the game.
Im full invader, tho using 5pt vanq for the toughness debuff and im not anywhere near killing someone in a KD. I simply dont have the damage or crit for it yet(25%) if I go full glasscannon. And ive tried both dragon gun spec and BAL spec(even tried EW spec).

So if there's any consolation, i die more than i kill :D if im not getting really really lucky with crits, and then they might have 25% hp left after a KD and im generally dead because of CC or double/tripple pot.

Hang in there, things get better.

/Ince / Darrel(68)wh

Grobi00F

Post#36 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:59 am

If you dont have 2 Instant Heal Pots + Absorb Potions dont even bother thinking you will have a chance unless you are a Tank or a WE. The only reason why I'm not a 100% kill for geared WH's is because of the aforementioned Potions (If you are poor, good luck) and having Warlord Gear + 9k HP.

The worst of all WH's are the one with the self-heal on executions, at that point I dont even waste Heal Pots because a WH will outlast me anyway. By the end of the fight he will most likely be at 80% from the self-heal anyway.

Shogun4138

Post#37 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:31 pm

billyk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 am
sh0tcalla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:10 pm Now in 2022 100% of the time a WH pops out of stealth, I'm literally dead before I stand back up from their initial KD. Literally 100%. Now is there something I'm missing? I'm seriously asking advice here because from my current experience, once a WH pops out on you then it's instant win for them. Free RR. Free kill. There is no chance to even defend or escape unless you are surrounded by a group.
This is simply WH having been buffed to the level that WE was always on (Well not quite because WE can be RDPS too since their kisses proc off thrown weapons). Problem?
You do know WH's use their gun as ranged? Then to add, I'd much rather have an aoe armor debuff then a silly jump away.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Shogun4138

Post#38 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:47 pm

messerjockel wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:48 am You are certainly right, some players left, some just log out for the night because they are disappointed from countless death without having a counter.
It is not the fault of the ROR team that they improved those classes 1.5 years ago. That can happen, s… happens.

The ROR teams fault is that they ignored countless forum threads of players in 1.5 years about those 2 classes and the complaints in them and did nothing about it at all.

BR

Messerjockel.
Or the fact that We/Wh die way more than your are aware of. Just because one or a few killed you while your were solo doesn't mean they are OP. I'm fairly certain the Dev's can look at the kill to death ratio and see that the stealth classes die at a fairly high rate.

When looking at the leading killers on the kill board, its typically never WH/WE.

Most of the anti Wh/We posts are probably someone soloing to get too their party or Warband. They die and run to the forums.

The fact that you see stealthers teaming up is a clear indicator that even for them killing solo has become very difficult. So many ways to counter them and many other strong solo classes or small man groups running around.

We could get in here and complain about slayers being OP, White lions hitting 10 times in same second, Arch mages soloing 6 man groups. All classes have great get away tools, except tanks.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#39 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:36 pm

As a meta-choppa? Run.

Unless you are geared and using a particular build for ST that focuses on killing WH, just run. It isn't worth it. To be frank it's a bad joke. Order-biased players will claim it's just you, but it isn't just you. I played to RR91 back on live, and WH took REAL SKILL. I enjoyed dueling with them, it was very fun and either one of us could end up dead. But that isn't the case today. If you aren't a tank, or a healer who can kite and DPS, just run.

Sad, but true.

krunkerio

Post#40 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:36 pm

It seems to be a sorc. Probably a glass cannon with no hp. And then moaning about the necessity for group support. :shock:krunker

I've seen a few sorcs going about alone in the previous several years, but it's fairly uncommon.