Recent Topics

Ads

How to survive a WH?

Let's talk about... everything else
Lion1986

Re: How to survive a WH?

Post#11 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:30 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:14 am Wounds and futile strikes detaunt before knockdown pots etc
which will never happens because any WE or WH without brain tumor will 90% of time open with stun to avoid detaunt

Ads
Valarion

Post#12 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:07 pm

sh0tcalla wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:10 pm So I'm an old retail live O.G. from back in the day. I remember there were a few epic WH's back then who stood out from the crowd and would play like the WH of today, but it took skill and gear to execute their perfect rotation.

Now in 2022 100% of the time a WH pops out of stealth, I'm literally dead before I stand back up from their initial KD. Literally 100%. Now is there something I'm missing? I'm seriously asking advice here because from my current experience, once a WH pops out on you then it's instant win for them. Free RR. Free kill. There is no chance to even defend or escape unless you are surrounded by a group.

Now I'm not super geared, rr60 with full Vanq, but I'm literally getting killed this way by level 30's on orvr. How is that possible? If i had a chance to even use a skill I'd be able to put up a fight, but when they pop stealth, KD and then you're dead before you can even stand and use ONE skill, how is that even a game?

Am I the only one with this problem or anyone else? And is their solution to combat this and counter? Give me even 2 seconds to use a skill and it'll be a fight, but 100% jumped by a WH, 100% insta death, gg, bye bye.

thanks.

Time is on your side. Stack wounds and try to survive the initial burst. If you live through the burst, punt, stagger/stun or detaunt the WH and always be prepared to triple pot. The longer you last, the better chance you have of a friend showing up to help. Depending on your class, you can also run, kite and take an AP pot. Yes, you are likely goignt o get perma snared, but it will give you some room to recover.

Truthfully I'm finding top WHs easier to fight than top WEs right now.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

shoelessHN

Post#13 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:39 pm

Deathsaw wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:34 am Everything points out that the idea here is never to survive the WH and WE unless they decide they can't kill you and run away... it has become for me, along with Shaman and SH the most hated and easiest classes to play.
Awww your tank cant kill every archtype in the game with ease? The horror.

messerjockel

Post#14 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:22 pm

Too bad that there are no data how many players quietly left ROR because they get constantly killed by WE/WH which limited their game experience.
You know guys, I talk about the casual player which keeps a mmorpg alive, not the hardcore gamers.

BR

Messerjockel

geezereur

Post#15 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:14 am

Lion1986 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:30 pm
geezereur wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:14 am Wounds and futile strikes detaunt before knockdown pots etc
which will never happens because any WE or WH without brain tumor will 90% of time open with stun to avoid detaunt
Just detaunt after then but also you gonna needs to stack some wounds atleast 50% of the time I get the detaunt of before kd maybe its lag or latency.
Last edited by geezereur on Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lion1986

Post#16 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am

geezereur wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:14 am
Just detaunt after then but also you gonna needs to stack some wounds. I fear White Lions more than any Witch Hunter.
even detaunting is useless. if you do any damage to him (for example as dps) you lose detaunt. WH is unkitable because can permaslow you. Unless you go 2v1 WH are god in 1v1 if they get an opener

geezereur

Post#17 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:22 am

Lion1986 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am

Just detaunt after then but also you gonna needs to stack some wounds. I fear White Lions more than any Witch Hunter.
even detaunting is useless. if you do any damage to him (for example as dps) you lose detaunt. WH is unkitable because can permaslow you. Unless you go 2v1 WH are god in 1v1 if they get an opener
I dont think its easy to beat a good wh but I win most of the 1vs1 with magus and melee squig have over 9k health but then again whs have many bugged abilities atm.
The only time I fear whs are when they come in 2s or 3s then im deff dead^^

Farrul

Post#18 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:49 am

Lion1986 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am

No detaunting is not useless, unless your characer is really squishy( i.e 7k wounds glass cannon squiqs/sorcs).

It's the same thing on my WL vs WE, i got 9k wounds/4-5k armor /3-400 toughness(depending on setup) and even then a geared WE can remove 75% of my hp within a stunlock. How to survive it? Immediately Detaunt once the stun ends, get some distance drink a potion and recover health. My only sentiments goes to Sorcs and ranged Squiqs below 7k wounds who indeed are pretty much free walking war crests 1vs1.

Ads
EmpathyOne

Post#19 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:08 pm

Deathsaw wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:34 am Everything points out that the idea here is never to survive the WH and WE unless they decide they can't kill you and run away... it has become for me, along with Shaman and SH the most hated and easiest classes to play.
In any pvp MMO that has classes in it your always going to have classes that do things better then others. Your also always going to have people habitually complaining in forums about class balance or what classes that are "too OP". If anyone gets that upset to hate someone just because of what class they enjoy playing in a video game then the best advice I can give them, is just don't play PVP MMO's at all - just play PVE MMO's

The only way to balance this game would be to do what Activision Blizzard did to retail WoW in 2012 and slowly onwards, and that is completely gutt and rip most of the features in the game, add in more simplistic features to compensate for the other removed features, completely remove most of the skills, spells, and mechanics of the classes, streamline and dumb down everything to such a degree that it's not longer fun anymore for anyone. Unless of coarse their kids or young adults in their early 20s who are used to playing Retail WoW, DOTA2 or Roblox then I guess it would be fun for them.

noobwarrior

Post#20 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:47 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:38 am how to survive a WH/WE:

- you can't.
what are you saying.. not possible..?! aha ok.. :shock: :o :lol: