Recent Topics

Ads

Defeating a Chosen Solo

Let's talk about... everything else
rilor

Defeating a Chosen Solo

Post#1 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Hey all,

I need advice defeating a Chosen solo, as a slayer. I'm rr 73, with ID and Rune of Absoption. I figure I need to get to rr80 to add the healing debuff skill. I can kill a few Chosen, but some higher rr ones it seems imposible. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Ads
yoluigi

Re: Defeating a Chosen Solo

Post#2 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 pm

rilor wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:10 pm Hey all,

I need advice defeating a Chosen solo, as a slayer. I'm rr 73, with ID and Rune of Absoption. I figure I need to get to rr80 to add the healing debuff skill. I can kill a few Chosen, but some higher rr ones it seems imposible. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
With a full regen build its like the best solo tank for roaming and hardest to kill. You gonna need to be in BIS gear + using that 4800 over time pot + buble pot + pvp pot.
Probably ask Toshutkidup he is a good slayer.

facundo7777

Post#3 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:28 pm

Only possible in bis gear, fully parry with riposte

Detangler

Post#4 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:31 am

yoluigi wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 pm

With a full regen build its like the best solo tank for roaming and hardest to kill. You gonna need to be in BIS gear + using that 4800 over time pot + buble pot + pvp pot.
Probably ask Toshutkidup he is a good slayer.
Not gonna lie, slayers are easy kills on my Chosen. I dont even fight Tosh anymore if I see him solo, cause its just not fair or fun for me. I dont know if OP will ever be able to kill a geared Chosen solo. Killing a regen tank on a class with very limited sustain or built in armor penetration like a Slayer is just not really possible.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Detangler

Post#5 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 am

And for those that say Chosen is OP top of the food chain, I mostly disagree. WH/WE can feasibly kill any solo target that comes their way - Chosen has plenty of classes that they cant kill.

As for Chosen roaming in BiS gear, here's my experience with it, ranked hardest to kill first:

Witch Hunter - can and will kill me if BIS and regen build. They usually run as soon as it looks like they're not gonna win.
DPS AMs - If in BIS I doubt I could out DPS their damage + self heal. Bad ones in lower gear I can kill sometimes if I get some lucky disrupts.
Swordmasters - BIS 2H SMs are good fights to be had. Can go either way, honestly. Gotta watch for their M3 ability and break off and stop attacking em til that shield timer goes away.
Ironbreaker - best they can probably do is stalemate me with regen + Grumble and Mutter. Dont know if a properly specc'd IB could do enough damage to overcome tanky regen without built in armor penetration on the class.
KotBS - Again, stalemate at best.
White Lions - easy kills if i can catch them. Most just run.
Shadow Warrior - easy kills.
Slayer - easy kills.
DPS Warrior Priest - where are they? I'd like to fight one 1v1 someday. I can brutalize DPS DoKs in dueling most times, so i'd love to see how they stack up.
DPS Rune Priest - I guess they could eventually kill me. Doubt I could out DPS their healing once they switch off DPS toggle.
BW - lol easy kill

I'm at the point where I dont need gear and just look for fun fights. If you're on an easy kill class I usually dont even bother initiating a fight unless its 1v2+.

I'm always down for some Garden of Quath dueling! Saves me time running around the lakes getting ganged up on over and over looking for that rare fun 1v1 fight.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

rilor

Post#6 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:28 am

Thanks for all the replies. Good info. See you all in the lakes.

Farrul

Post#7 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:39 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 am
The thing about a WL is that you will rarely catch it solo as a tank if the player knows what it is doing, WL is not just a melee brawler class but through the pet also able to kite and harras until the time to attack is right. However if you do catch it (the ranged stagger on Chosen) a bis WL will have 9-10 k wounds/ 5 k armor/detaunt/ pet cc, m1, if built right it's not a squishy target to easily kill. In fact i can't remember the last time a solo tank killd mine without the assistance of a WE/Shamy etc.

On my WL when up against a geared chosen or another destro tank i will let it believe it has all the advantage, run off but keep myself within range so that the tank is unable to mount/escape (this will make lots of tanks type /chicken ;). The objective is obvious and usually ends with the WL collecting War crests from the tank as soon as another Order toon joins the fight.

But admittedly if it's just a duel with no interference trying to brutalize a regen tank is not going to work without patience and time, i've had some success kiting/stun/pounce routine and made a few overconfident tanks bend the knee :) but these situations happens so rarely that it is hard to test it properly, 9 times out of 10 there will always be a WH/WE/Green midget or whatever somewhere disturbing all kinds of dueling attempts.

P.S. I'm surprised you think SW is considered an easy kill, at least fester arrow SW should be leathal vs all tanks 1vs1 (except maybe an SM in 1vs1 duels). I suppose Assault spec (mine isn't geared enough) does not have the ranged firepower to weaken you enough/ move in for the kill.

Detangler

Post#8 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:56 am

Farrul wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:39 am
The thing about a WL is that you will rarely catch it solo as a tank if the player knows what it is doing, WL is not just a melee brawler class but through the pet also able to kite and harras until the time to attack is right. However if you do catch it (the ranged stagger on Chosen) a bis WL will have 9-10 k wounds/ 5 k armor/detaunt/ pet cc, m1, if built right it's not a squishy target to easily kill. In fact i can't remember the last time a solo tank killd mine without the assistance of a WE/Shamy etc.

On my WL when up against a geared chosen or another destro tank i will let it believe it has all the advantage, run off but keep myself within range so that the tank is unable to mount/escape (this will make lots of tanks type /chicken ;). The objective is obvious and usually ends with the WL collecting War crests from the tank as soon as another Order toon joins the fight.

But admittedly if it's just a duel with no interference trying to brutalize a regen tank is not going to work without patience and time, i've had some success kiting/stun/pounce routine and made a few overconfident tanks bend the knee :) but these situations happens so rarely that it is hard to test it properly, 9 times out of 10 there will always be a WH/WE/Green midget or whatever somewhere disturbing all kinds of dueling attempts.

P.S. I'm surprised you think SW is considered an easy kill, at least fester arrow SW should be leathal vs all tanks 1vs1 (except maybe an SM in 1vs1 duels). I suppose Assault spec (mine isn't geared enough) does not have the ranged firepower to weaken you enough/ move in for the kill.
Vs. WL trying to kite with pet - the entire time they disengage to try to kite i'm regening health back up until they can pounce and do their rotation. It doesn't do enough damage to kill me. Either they stay and fight or run away. I'm guessing the success you had with some overconfident tanks weren't geared properly for the long haul.

Vs. SW - I've never found any SW a challenge. Keep em snared, break snare as soon as they self punt, quake if they start to get away, usually they're dead after that.

I say all this fully aware that being able to stack massive amounts of hp regen is a silly gimmick that should be nerfed/capped somehow. Getting rid of the" spicy troll mushroom" 80 hp/4 second pocket item and not allowing equipping more than one fleshrender ring would be a great start.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:57 am

At rr73 you cant beat skilled BiS regen chosen. However at rr80 you can go regen yourself (regen chest + 6 main sov + 2 sentinel/triumph) and then Chosen would start to have big problems.
Spec something like this: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4061,4049
Wild Gambit is mandatory, Brute Force you can change for something else either Riposte or JE.
Detangler wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 am And for those that say Chosen is OP top of the food chain, I mostly disagree. WH/WE can feasibly kill any solo target that comes their way - Chosen has plenty of classes that they cant kill.

As for Chosen roaming in BiS gear, here's my experience with it, ranked hardest to kill first:

Witch Hunter - can and will kill me if BIS and regen build. They usually run as soon as it looks like they're not gonna win.
DPS AMs - If in BIS I doubt I could out DPS their damage + self heal. Bad ones in lower gear I can kill sometimes if I get some lucky disrupts.
Swordmasters - BIS 2H SMs are good fights to be had. Can go either way, honestly. Gotta watch for their M3 ability and break off and stop attacking em til that shield timer goes away.
Ironbreaker - best they can probably do is stalemate me with regen + Grumble and Mutter. Dont know if a properly specc'd IB could do enough damage to overcome tanky regen without built in armor penetration on the class.
KotBS - Again, stalemate at best.
Shadow Warrior - easy kills.
Slayer - easy kills.
DPS Warrior Priest - where are they? I'd like to fight one 1v1 someday. I can brutalize DPS DoKs in dueling most times, so i'd love to see how they stack up.
DPS Rune Priest - I guess they could eventually kill me. Doubt I could out DPS their healing once they switch off DPS toggle.
BW - lol easy kill

I'm at the point where I dont need gear and just look for fun fights. If you're on an easy kill class I usually dont even bother initiating a fight unless its 1v2+.

I'm always down for some Garden of Quath dueling! Saves me time running around the lakes getting ganged up on over and over looking for that rare fun 1v1 fight.
I support that Chosen is not OP and definitely not top of the food chain. However i'd argue with your ranking for following classes:
Ironbreaker - has been proved by Second's videos that if geared/specced full WS they can kill chosens. I assume chosen and IB are pretty equal in duels, so result depend on who manage GCD better and mess up less.
BW - you probably didnt encounter a proper one, they can spec defensively and have all the tools to kite you hard while still doing shitload of dmg. That is probably least popular roam/1v1 class you may find, but even them have options for such playstyle. So i'd not put it like "lol easy kill" for sorc/bw, they can be pretty tough, however regen tank have a bit of a somewhat upper hand in this but if tank win, he wont win with full hp. Against good duel sorc/bw i usually ended up winning (on chosen&ib) but with like 10-20% hp or even lesser left, if they are very lucky with crits they win.
DPS AM/RP - chosen literally has no chance. AP drains are inevitable doom along with perma snare and their healing capacities. No regen tank can win a duel against those classes assuming both are somewhat equally skilled and BiS geared.
Wonder why you dont have engi, they are incredibly good in duels.

My ranking list of best duelists would look like this:
1+. WH (that is the best duelist in game atm, in equal conditions it kills anything, with a very bad luck may occasionally lose to am/shaman/rp).
1. DPS AM/Shaman, DPS RP
2. WE, Engi/Magi
3. Chosen&IB
Rest classes are pretty much on equal i suppose. Everyone has a duel build/spec, they all pretty much work but of no comparison to the above list.

Also i totally against cutting off regen specs or nerfing them as thoses options some people may find annoying but in no way they are gamebreaking in this gods long lost forgotten niche solo roam/duel playstyle that has nothing to do with whole game environment of "proper" ways to play it (in a group).

facundo7777

Post#10 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:19 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:56 am
Farrul wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:39 am
Vs. SW - I've never found any SW a challenge. Keep em snared, break snare as soon as they self punt, quake if they start to get away, usually they're dead after that.
Even best chosen in da world cant reach good sw :)