Ads

Defeating a Chosen Solo

Let's talk about... everything else
Farrul

Re: Defeating a Chosen Solo

Post#21 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:00 am

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 am
sharpblader wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:38 am

Swordmasters are like that. With a spirit debuff almost double than that of a Chosen.
I'm not saying that SM is bad. He can be pretty good in group play.

However regarding solo play the chosen is way way better than the SM. The CC alone makes it superior. Knock down, stagger and mega punt. Ever tried to catch a running solo chosen? Good luck with that. Run speed after disrupt tactic, permanent resi/tough aura, passive absorb/regen all while staggering/knocking/punting people left and right.

Again, there is no other tank like that.
For that level of CC dps output would have to be sacrificed (Knockdown/Stagger both 9 pointers in different trees) super punt requires another tactic.

SM does a few things better than chosen, it can have higher potential regen or the strongest tank absorb , better damage output if going for a crit build. Best tank M1. The deflect of the SM makes it tanky vs ranged kiters.

I've been experimenting a lot with my SM lately using different builds/pots etc and i see enough advantages to put in on par with a Chosen for solo roaming, i still rate Chosen higher though only because it does not have to fight goblin kiting patrols.

Detangler wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:56 amVs. WL trying to kite with pet - the entire time they disengage to try to kite i'm regening health back up until they can pounce and do their rotation. It doesn't do enough damage to kill me. Either they stay and fight or run away. I'm guessing the success you had with some overconfident tanks weren't geared properly for the long haul.

Vs. SW - I've never found any SW a challenge. Keep em snared, break snare as soon as they self punt, quake if they start to get away, usually they're dead after that.

I say all this fully aware that being able to stack massive amounts of hp regen is a silly gimmick that should be nerfed/capped somehow. Getting rid of the" spicy troll mushroom" 80 hp/4 second pocket item and not allowing equipping more than one fleshrender ring would be a great start.
A good coordinated strike maneuver/kD from the flank can remove a good chunk of hp from a regen tank, at that point it is a battle of attrition. The WL does only need to put you in a vulnerable position( i.e you lost 35 % of the hp during the assault) and then decide to go all in with m1/regen pot etc. Should be possible for the WL to win the duel( using vicious strikes, toughtness debuff)

Anyways, point is that a geared WL will never be an easy kill if it knows how to duel, the mobility advantage combined with a reasonable durable toon means the Wl is actually in control of the duel, not the other way around. In fact when i'm playing on my tanks i hate it when dps classes can harras me through speedy tactics as it means i will be a sitting duck for the next patrol that checks in.

As for Festering Arrow SW i think you have to fight good ones with gear(most roaming are assault spec so your assessment is reasonable), that spec has enough burst through tank defences and kiting tools to be leathal.

I honestly do not think regen needs a nerf at this small scale level, except on certain DPS classes. Tanks are stationary targets with no detaunts or decent escape tools so it's fair imho.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#22 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:05 am

Farrul wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:00 am
As for Festering Arrow SW i think you have to fight good ones with gear(most roaming are assault spec so your assessment is reasonable), that spec has enough burst through tank defences and kiting tools to be leathal.
:lol: nice one. that's why literally every rr70+ sw alive is running only skirmish or assault specs, while every rr<50 SW is running scout speccs being useless. you need to waste a **** taktik slot to get a 2sec cast spell. 2 seconds. in 2 seconds duel versus chosen as SW not only you cannot fire fester. you're already dead.

p.S. and even if you manage to trigger one festering, you'd deal around 700-900 dmg against good chosen because he has loadshit of thoughness. i can't believe **** people spew on these forums

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:10 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:05 am
Farrul wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:00 am
:lol: nice one. that's why literally every rr70+ sw alive is running only skirmish or assault specs, while every rr<50 SW is running scout speccs being useless. you need to waste a **** taktik slot to get a 2sec cast spell. 2 seconds. in 2 seconds duel versus chosen as SW not only you cannot fire fester. you're already dead.

p.S. and even if you manage to trigger one festering, you'd deal around 700-900 dmg against good chosen because he has loadshit of thoughness. i can't believe **** people spew on these forums
p.p.s and as for cc tools, you have range 3 sec kd, which you can pull of to secure that 1st festering arrow, after which you're dead, you have your ranged snare and you have your self-punt aoe slow, which chosen can just "root off"(that's kotbs removing snares, dunno how chosen is called) meaning that your SW after 3sec KD actually has no any other CC versus chosen. you cannot even switch stances and disarm because your KD has given him immunity now. hahaha. fking joke. and not even that disarm would've made you any closer to defeating him.

sharpblader

Post#24 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:50 pm

Spoiler:
lumpi33 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 am
sharpblader wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:38 am
lumpi33 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:06 am
Everybody can do the same item stacking yes, BUT not everybody has got heavy armor, absorb tactic and heal generation aura. Im not sure about the moral 2 if it stacks with the regen and heal potions.

There are only a few classes that perform well with regen builds. Most of them have some kind of absorb or other healing ability. The regen alone is not enough. That's the main reason it works so well on chosen because they have the absorb, they have the extra healing and they have good defense without crippling their damage too much. They can even debuff their own magical damage which is great vs heavy armored targets.

There is no other tank like that.

Swordmasters are like that. With a spirit debuff almost double than that of a Chosen.
I'm not saying that SM is bad. He can be pretty good in group play.

However regarding solo play the chosen is way way better than the SM. The CC alone makes it superior. Knock down, stagger and mega punt. Ever tried to catch a running solo chosen? Good luck with that. Run speed after disrupt tactic, permanent resi/tough aura, passive absorb/regen all while staggering/knocking/punting people left and right.

Again, there is no other tank like that.
I think you need to look into solo builds with more detail. The information you have is half baked and conflicting.

First of all solo 2h chosens don't run super punt unless they know they are going to run into a a 1vX and they have terrain that can be used to punt away some pressure.

Second, they cannot have KD, Stagger and speed increase at the same time if they invest in the core dread tree 2h skills. Also, the disrupt chosens usually spec high in discord all the way to get tzeentchs reflection to make use best use of that tactic.

Lastly, anyone can run away from ranged enemies if positioned correctly. It's true that it's easier for some tanks to get away than others. But honestly, if your criteria for which solo tank is better is based on their ability to run, then I think you need to fight more solo players and classes.

Martok

Post#25 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:04 pm

rilor wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:10 pmI need advice defeating a Chosen solo...

Depends on the Chosen. There are some Chosen in game I can almost always kill and some I almost always can't. There are others we often split numbers. The primary factor is most often what spec you and your opponent are in at that particular moment, a factor which can never be accounted for until once the fight starts.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

sergteo

Post#26 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:11 pm

saying "Skilled chosen" is like saying "dry water", "dark brightness" or "erogenous vivisection"

also mediocre grindcore metal band names

Gilfo1924

Post#27 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:03 am

You could head butt him in the crouch. Than slam your axe/hammer into his skull... Worked a few times for me and I main a Slayer.

Cultist

Post#28 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:32 am

if only regen build was a little more affordable I'd make one, I love solo classes.
Any input about what gear would be optimal (I guess Grimshimmer chest and fleshrenders but what else?), thanks.

Ads
Azhag

Post#29 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 am

Cultist wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:32 am if only regen build was a little more affordable I'd make one, I love solo classes.
Any input about what gear would be optimal (I guess Grimshimmer chest and fleshrenders but what else?), thanks.
Hunter's Vale ring with regen or CnT ring with regen weekly talisman. Keg pocket, health regeneration liniment.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Cultist

Post#30 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:25 am

Azhag wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:09 am
Cultist wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:32 am if only regen build was a little more affordable I'd make one, I love solo classes.
Hunter's Vale ring with regen or CnT ring with regen weekly talisman. Keg pocket, health regeneration liniment.
Thank you!