Recent Topics

Ads

An Attempt of an Objective Look at Scenario Balance in RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Lion1986

Re: An Attempt of an Objective Look at Scenario Balance in RoR

Post#41 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:43 pm

When I first saw the Killboard I couldn't figure why BWs were populating the top 5 (and Sorcerers are not in the top10) or just 3 Destro players are in the monthlyboard. I'm still convinced it's easier to rank up in Order than in Destro. Why? Because they kill more. The first kill of a player can give you around 1k RP (with no extra bonuses) while locking a zone can give you... 5k at most?
Destro outnumbered in rvr order, so with aao and stuff you get more renown per kill.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#42 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:49 pm

no st crit, i dont see aoe mentioned

Sofong

Post#43 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:58 am

ppl need to see this

CountTalabecland

Post#44 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:33 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am slayers outperform even other order dps by miles..... no wonder.
That’s because the rest of Order DPS, especially WL and WH, are underpowered and Slayer is going to overperform as they do the most mitigated damage due to Rampage, since they are getting less parries/blocks than other classes, though those hits are getting mitigated by toughness and armor absent debuffs from others.

What isn’t really shown here is burst dmg as Slayer would not be the best at that but yet here it is depicted as just the flat out best. Target selection would also have a high effect on melee DPS like Slayer that do only physical damage, as it subject to more mitigation by armor dependent upon the specific Slayer’s WS. Hence, regardless of rampage, hits on Tanks are pretty wasteful except through guard dmg(which ik ik should be blockable).

This study confirms what we already knew. The other Order MDPS are inferior to Slayer, and Slayer spam is Order’s 1 trick pony due to nothing else in the toolbelt being as good as rampage.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

malark

Post#45 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:16 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:33 pm
Sofong wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am slayers outperform even other order dps by miles..... no wonder.
That’s because the rest of Order DPS, especially WL and WH, are underpowered
what ? :shock: :lol: