Recent Topics

Ads

Line of sight?

Let's talk about... everything else
Psyxakias

Line of sight?

Post#1 » Sun May 15, 2022 10:09 pm

So i die on a keep defence by the same sorcerer 3 times and he/she did not had line of sight of me, is this normal or hacking?

Ads
billyk

Re: Line of sight?

Post#2 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:11 am

Normal, Magus can shoot through walls, Choppa can pull through walls.

MMXX43

Post#3 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 am

Squigs also do that btw. Just destro stuff .

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:27 am

What abilities killed you?
Dying is no option.

normanis

Post#5 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:07 am

not mention jump on walls. dont know its bug or work as intend
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Fenris78

Post#6 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 am

Some stuff is aoe an can hit you 'through" walls, either because there is a spot nearby to be placed, or an ally that can be targeted and spread the damage to you, or because the sorc managed to briefly see you by moving (either you or sorc) and applied instantly one of their spells (wich are mostly instant cast).

It take a fraction of second visible to be targeted by instant cast skills, I advise to stay safer (or out of range) if you dont want random stuff to hit you everytime.

If that was suspicious (lets see you were the entire time completely hidden from all enemy (lord room or stairs for example), you will need to record and provide solid proofs of a possible exploit to GMs to be taken seriously into account.
Otherwise it can be easily mistaken for a server/ping delay, warping, or something similar, wich happens to pretty much everyone at a given time.

billyk

Post#7 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:13 am

Fenris78 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:31 am If that was suspicious (lets see you were the entire time completely hidden from all enemy (lord room or stairs for example), you will need to record and provide solid proofs of a possible exploit to GMs to be taken seriously into account.
Easy, just take part in any fort or keep defense as Order. It's not rare, it's the norm.

Minisynn

Post#8 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 am

Psyxakias wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:09 pm So i die on a keep defence by the same sorcerer 3 times and he/she did not had line of sight of me, is this normal or hacking?
Video evidence of it happening or it's safe to assume you just died to dots or to AOE and you don't have enemy spell effects on so didn't see it
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 am

Minisynn wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 am
Psyxakias wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:09 pm So i die on a keep defence by the same sorcerer 3 times and he/she did not had line of sight of me, is this normal or hacking?
Video evidence of it happening or it's safe to assume you just died to dots or to AOE and you don't have enemy spell effects on so didn't see it
We have an guild officer with the damage log screenshots of a sorc doing a full round of ST abilities through an outer keep wall.
Even Morals.
Not standing on top of wall or getting hit by aoe Stuff.
Need to see if we made a bug report out of it.

Psyxakias

Post#10 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Thank for the replies and i wish i had a video but sadly i don't. I had 2 dots on me and i am not sure if some other skill hit me but all this happen with the door still up and the third time i die i saw him/her near the wall and ofc i wasn't at the edge.