Recent Topics

Ads

Meta shake up?

Let's talk about... everything else
nat3s

Meta shake up?

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm

I think it would keep things interesting, help stave off stagnation and provide reasons to try another class. Without pointing out particular classes (we all know which ones shine in each playstyle by now), I think maintaining the status quo for so long has left things feeling a bit stale/samey.

Would love some genuinely creative changes, not just numbers tweaks, but a big meta swing the likes of which you see in Albion Online, Eve Online and WoW between expansions.

Anyone feel like some big changes could be interesting or could too much change trigger people to leave?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
eldriyth

Re: Meta shake up?

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:55 pm

nat3s wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:25 pm I think it would keep things interesting, help stave off stagnation and provide reasons to try another class. Without pointing out particular classes (we all know which ones shine in each playstyle by now), I think maintaining the status quo for so long has left things feeling a bit stale/samey.

Would love some genuinely creative changes, not just numbers tweaks, but a big meta swing the likes of which you see in Albion Online, Eve Online and WoW between expansions.

Anyone feel like some big changes could be interesting or could too much change trigger people to leave?
With the GCD changes finally bringing back spastic Melee zuggers to earth, (I'm guessing over a 25% nerf to their damage just from going from 1.15 to 1.5), you're going to see classes like the Magus be viable again with most of their specs.

nat3s

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:48 pm

oh didn't realise GCD changes impact melee, that's interesting, they've increased it from 1.15 to 1.5? Like the sounds of that!

May just strengthen AM/sham grip on solo play even more though?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Haojin

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:24 pm

wouldn't call it shake, more like an earthquake :P
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Toggle

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:46 pm

As a strictly (filthy) casual, I vote no. I’m still not done grinding out sov on my toons.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

DeathDriver

Post#6 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:51 pm

Personally I wouldn't like to see this happen but that's my opinion.

Tanski

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 pm

I mean this change has already shifted "the meta".

Currently with AP change, choppa has been made significantly stronger, and slayer is now extremely reliant on kotbs aura and ib ap pumping, even more than before.

I have tested BW/Sorc timestamp rotations with GCD change and the classic rotations have to be PERFECTLY timed to get them off (in time of debuff), but thats excluding HOR and stop drop roll.

Just a few examples.

Honestly, looks like the GCD and AP change is here to stay, at least for the time being. Its gonna be interesting to see how things change, espesially TTK.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

nat3s

Post#8 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:18 am

Why did choppa get buffed by this but slayer nerfed?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:51 am

slayer is stronger than ever with new patch.

diegomess

Post#10 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Basically ttk is longer now, defensive regen meta is even stronger now, ap drains better AM/SHAM stronger now, stealth breaks melee chanels now hell they break for nothing now.

its harder to kill a kiting range now because the time frame to do so before was short and now is even worse, because mobility and snares still the same... so yeah all the unfun stuff is better
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80