Recent Topics

Ads

unpopular opinions

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: unpopular opinions

Post#21 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 pm

billyk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm Look at the mythic Slayerball: Where are they? I'm playing for years now. Never seen a single one. Not in city, not in rvr, not in scs. And guess what, that means they underperform. If they were so great, everyone would play a Slayer, yet we see WLs instead. Why? Because Slayers burst when you look at them wrong and WLs are much, much stronger. WLs have mobility, Slayers don't. WLs do good damage, Slayers don't. Compare Choppas, which are everywhere - why? Because THEY are actually good.
Dude, what server are you playing on?

Ads
penpenagos

Post#22 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:31 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 pm
billyk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm Look at the mythic Slayerball: Where are they? I'm playing for years now. Never seen a single one. Not in city, not in rvr, not in scs. And guess what, that means they underperform. If they were so great, everyone would play a Slayer, yet we see WLs instead. Why? Because Slayers burst when you look at them wrong and WLs are much, much stronger. WLs have mobility, Slayers don't. WLs do good damage, Slayers don't. Compare Choppas, which are everywhere - why? Because THEY are actually good.
Dude, what server are you playing on?

Ignore him, he is the number 1 troll on the server, or not?

penpenagos

Post#23 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:40 pm

Ironkodiak wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 am
Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm You cannot restore AoR because there was not one AoR. There were different versions, different RvRs, different Gear levels.

Ridiculous Gear Gaps between RR80 and RR100.
Crazy damage spikes in combinations, armor on supposed squishy dps classes that rival a tank.
AoR died because it was AoR. RoR tries to keep what was good without making the same mistakes.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Combat feels a lot more clunky and AP is out always. But going back in time will not solve anything.

Besides there were other servers with the goal of AoR latest patch and better grafics. I don’t think they are bursting with players.
Absolutely right. This is not AoR and it never should be.
well, for sure nobody knows where this ship is going and as a consequence we are in an eternal alpha phase; I just think that like me there are many who are looking for the original experience, also and I say this with respect, the gameplay was reduced to 1 viable specialization per class and anything that goes out of that way is nerfed to the ground and I feel that this is the easy way and that greatly reduces the replayability that is necessary because well it's the same campaign over and over again.

havartii

Post#24 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:02 pm

I guess it comes down to this, if you don't like the changes .. simply .. don't play. They have been very clear from start.. As much as we all love and have many many fond memories, sometimes tough love is only answer.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Minisynn

Post#25 » Sun May 22, 2022 9:34 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 pm
Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Regarding this specific confusion, I completely understand it has caused mass inconvenience and it was actually the main reason to the recent clashes. We've had numerous discussions internally and we will be releasing a statement tomorrow to explain what has been done recently and the reasoning/long-term plans behind these changes.
Hey GB, ETA on the statement being released? And will it include plans going forward to address the AP famine caused by the changes this past week along with a timeframe for a fix being implemented? Because as it stands, the core gameplay of RoR feels severely damaged, and if it stays this way for months it really will harm the server imo. I know there's pretty much only one active dev and he's a volunteer, but I think it's safe to say this should be priority #1 moving forward
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Cabum

Post#26 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:27 pm

Is this the place for unpopular opinions? Ok, here is mine.
Order relies on slayer stacking to overplay anything. Slayer is a complete powerhouse with proper assist. Yeah, every melee dps needs babysitting, not talking about solo.
Maybe next year order has enough slayer to win lotd.
Also, devs move some abilities around in mara mastery tree so you need to make a choice. Put rampage up on the tree so you need to pick one, rampage or ID.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:19 pm

Minisynn wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:34 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 pm
Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Regarding this specific confusion, I completely understand it has caused mass inconvenience and it was actually the main reason to the recent clashes. We've had numerous discussions internally and we will be releasing a statement tomorrow to explain what has been done recently and the reasoning/long-term plans behind these changes.
Hey GB, ETA on the statement being released? And will it include plans going forward to address the AP famine caused by the changes this past week along with a timeframe for a fix being implemented? Because as it stands, the core gameplay of RoR feels severely damaged, and if it stays this way for months it really will harm the server imo. I know there's pretty much only one active dev and he's a volunteer, but I think it's safe to say this should be priority #1 moving forward
Tomorrow noon should be the proper date, as tonight we went through it and noticed some missing information so the devs will review it tomorrow morning.

Detangler

Post#28 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:26 pm

What I really wish RoR devs would do with large changes like this would be to put out a statement like:

"this change will be implemented as a test for the next 2 weeks. We will take player feedback and stats from in game scenarios/orvr and adjust as needed."

This would give people the knowledge that this change may not be permanent and that they actively want be to try this out and see how it affects gameplay. People would understand that changes like this may not mean permanently altering a game people have sunk far, far too many hours into and are all huge fans of. They might just stick around longer thru all this and the population won't have significant drops when stuff like this happens.

Who knows, people might actually be tempted to try it out and realize that it's not so bad after all...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads