unpopular opinions

Let's talk about... everything else
penpenagos

unpopular opinions

Post#1 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:12 pm

hi guys,

first of all the usual sorry for the English,

about the changes to the CGD:

(I understand that the original mythic design was 1.5).
when i tried the change for me it was a revelation, it made sense the nonsense of the gameplay, i realized why it didn't feel right the high damage of some classes, why some classes were unplayable and it was simple the game was not designed to be that fast, for example, when i tried to play a heal meele i just couldn't react and do what i was supposed to do the same with the other classes with similar mechanics, reducing the ways to play and making the game boring, for the first time in a long time I could react to being targeted by a sorcerer and the times I was killed by this class since the change were because of my mistakes or because the sorcerer played his cards correctly, it didn't feel like the unfair death sentence of being targeted by a sorcerer; I was able to react when I encountered a WE, they still beat me but I was able to at least give them a hard time; I found that when I had to face several choppers my team was able to react and not just get overwhelmed.

about the meta:

I think that the people who are against this change are those who are highly dependent on the meta and who for a long time held the server hostage with the retaliation of leaving the game forcing us all to play the most optimal way which is not always the best.

about NB:

I have to be honest here, I was able to put 15 skills (basically all my rotation) in 1 single button, and I feel like it gave me the false impression of being very good at the game, so I understand the change but I also liked playing in chill mode the game; but I have to admit that I started using the NB because there were people who used it and you couldn't compete with them without the NB, also I spent a long time being abused by people who used the NB without me knowing about the existence of this addon .

At this point I think it was not worth removing the NB from the game, because I prefer to play with many people, all in automatic mode, than not play with anyone.

about ROR:

This is something I've been thinking about for many months, and I hope to express it in the most respectful way possible, I like AOR not ROR: I want to experience again what AOR was.

changes to classes:
- This has been shown to make no sense and in the end no one is happy with the final result.

- that some classes like the BO were made meaningless changes in relation to the AOR version that buffed it in a ridiculous way and even so when it had to be nerfed for obvious reasons, there were people who got angry and left the game.

- other classes such as the knight of the blaming sun that is not understood what the objective of the changes was.

- reworks that are understood to have been made with love but in the end they don't quite feel good, this reminds me "you think you want it but you really don't".

- making changes generates the false feeling that the developers make the changes favoring one of the factions.

the permissive treatment of Xrealmers:

As I understand it, in AOR there was a feeling of belonging to one faction or another (I think it was because the game was paid and the accounts only allowed all the characters to be of the same faction), it is not healthy for the game that people is changing according to the tide, I think this is not the fault of the developers but I think it was necessary to find a way to combat this by the community and the developers, fostering a feeling of attachment to the faction which would generate competition with the another faction making the game more entertaining.

Ranked games:

waste of resourses

community:

we became whiners, any change that is made is a fight between the community and the developers beyond the fact that apparently the project is hijacked by two people, so again I consider that the developers should remove all the custom content and limit themselves to repair bugs in the last version that left mythic that would save a lot of problems.

that we are selfish, that we prefer to have a good experience over that of others and if you referred me to the people who came out to discuss the changes to the GCD, all those people are arguing why they can play their classes without any type of counterplay.

In conclusion, the best thing in my opinion for this community is to take away from the community the feeling of influencing the game and from the developers the ability to make changes and limit themselves to restoring what AOR was with its virtues and defects.

Ads
Glorian

Re: unpopular opinions

Post#2 » Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm

You cannot restore AoR because there was not one AoR. There were different versions, different RvRs, different Gear levels.

Ridiculous Gear Gaps between RR80 and RR100.
Crazy damage spikes in combinations, armor on supposed squishy dps classes that rival a tank.
AoR died because it was AoR. RoR tries to keep what was good without making the same mistakes.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Combat feels a lot more clunky and AP is out always. But going back in time will not solve anything.

Besides there were other servers with the goal of AoR latest patch and better grafics. I don’t think they are bursting with players.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 pm

Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Regarding this specific confusion, I completely understand it has caused mass inconvenience and it was actually the main reason to the recent clashes. We've had numerous discussions internally and we will be releasing a statement tomorrow to explain what has been done recently and the reasoning/long-term plans behind these changes.

The information should have been shared before, definitely. All concerns and disputes have been raised to the appropriate team members and we will have a third e-meeting tomorrow in order to firmly put procedures back in their rightful place.

The reason why I haven't intervened on the original thread, was out of respect to the players who needed to excessively express themselves and be listened, rather than argued with.

Sinisterror

Post#4 » Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 am

GCD was always 1.15 - 1.5 in AoR as well. You just had to time it correctly or abilities were blocked before 1.5 GCD was up. I think the difference in RoR was that you could spam abilities and it still used skill at 1.15 so no need to time it correctly (which is probably better because NB or other addons that can time it for you) This is not hard to check even just from watching AoR Video's.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ironkodiak

Post#5 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 am

Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm You cannot restore AoR because there was not one AoR. There were different versions, different RvRs, different Gear levels.

Ridiculous Gear Gaps between RR80 and RR100.
Crazy damage spikes in combinations, armor on supposed squishy dps classes that rival a tank.
AoR died because it was AoR. RoR tries to keep what was good without making the same mistakes.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Combat feels a lot more clunky and AP is out always. But going back in time will not solve anything.

Besides there were other servers with the goal of AoR latest patch and better grafics. I don’t think they are bursting with players.
Absolutely right. This is not AoR and it never should be.

Detangler

Post#6 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:23 am

I honestly don't really care about the AP/GCD changes. I'm out of AP a lot now, but so is everyone else. Im happy to give it some time and see how it pans out long term. How does it affect gameplay? does it bring neglected classes out to be more competitive? does it tip the balance in fort battles?

People are claiming the sky is falling without even stepping outside to see what the weather is here....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

yuaa2

Post#7 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:50 am

Glorian wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:52 pm I don’t understand why the gcd and AP changes are made now.
Because devs don`t have normal gamedesiner. They don`t know simple things about game design, they don`t understand what they greatly reduce gameplay with GCD change, and the depth of gameplay. And its very sad.

billyk

Post#8 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:59 am

Unpopular opinions? Sure.

1. Greenskins are the best race in the game, destro could win 99% of engagements by simply rolling all greenskin wbs. There's a reason the majority of roaming gank gangs is mostly orks and gobbos. It's kinda obvious devs play greenskin for that reason.

2. Forums can be ignored, people on here are mostly theorycrafters who go with what looks good on paper instead of testing it out - the result is frustration in new players who take threads on here as gospel.
No, Slayer isn't great. The best DPS on Order is WL, by far. Slayer is nearly useless unless you have pocket healers and tanks, ID is pretty weak, Rampage is only useful if you beat on tanks, which DPS shouldn't do in the first place.
No, BW isn't stronger than Sorc.
No, Engie isn't bad. You just need to learn to assist/focus.
No, AM isn't stronger than sham because he can cleanse. A sham can basically take apart a whole Order party, especially in T1, while being top healing for his group. An AM can't even do one of these things reliably - AM damage is meh, AM healing is abysmal, AM has no ability to kite.
If you want to know what's strong, look at how many toons of a class you see in T4. Many toons = strong class. Few toons = weak class.

3. Destro is a lot stronger than Order mechanically. Yeah, yeah muh forts, muh statistics. What counts is what happens in the game, and Destro always has the upper hand there. That's why city is nearly always Altdorf and IC sieges are extremely rare. That's why Destro players who xrealm suddenly lose all "5k1llz" because they can't win with simple zerging anymore (Always great to see people in SCs ignoring BOs and not knowing how to assist because they didn't need it on Destro). That's why you can basically already surrender if you see Destro has more than 3 healers in SC because Destro healer classes are simply better than Order healer classes. The only Order healer that is worth something is RP. AM isn't even a healer at all, so Order is already 1 healer class short.

Ads
havartii

Post#9 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:20 am

Organized warbands and 6 man groups do extremely well on Order, you just need to have a little organization and gear. Same with Destro, It really depends on who is out and playing what side. You seem really bias to one side and that's ok. We need people who are passionate on both sides. It does not seem to matter as we are now in a turn based game where you attack (run out of ap) then let the other player attack you (runs out of ap) Repeat. You can buff and nerf classes all you want now.. won't make much difference.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

kirraha

Post#10 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:40 am

GamesBond wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:12 pm
Regarding this specific confusion, I completely understand it has caused mass inconvenience and it was actually the main reason to the recent clashes. We've had numerous discussions internally and we will be releasing a statement tomorrow to explain what has been done recently and the reasoning/long-term plans behind these changes.

The information should have been shared before, definitely. All concerns and disputes have been raised to the appropriate team members and we will have a third e-meeting tomorrow in order to firmly put procedures back in their rightful place.

The reason why I haven't intervened on the original thread, was out of respect to the players who needed to excessively express themselves and be listened, rather than argued with.
I must just ask you then, just since this '' the information should have been shared before. If that is meant shared to the players before adding the change, I kinda feel like that is happening over and over again. The drastic changes that will surely upset a lot of players have never been shared before the acual change for people to discuss and it's delivered as a punch on the patchday. Its a repeated behaviour. IF that is what you meant with the comment :)