Recent Topics

Ads

How to stick with main and finally hit 80?

Let's talk about... everything else
abiksa7

How to stick with main and finally hit 80?

Post#1 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:07 pm

Hello,

As in the topic? Can U give me some tips how to do that and reach atleast one 80? I have 7 chars 60+ and still cannot pick the main. Moreover when i cant decide i am creating new toon.

Did someone have similar problem and know how to 'fix' that? :D

Ads
agemennon675

Re: How to stick with main and finally hit 80?

Post#2 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:57 pm

Hey thats me. I have all character slots used up, I love creating new alts and leveling up from scratch etc. I've struggled to pick a main just like you and my solution was joining a playstyle hardcore guild. Ask a guild recruiting a certain class like stg60rr+ dont try to add alts to the guild. As you play with scheduled guild warbands/parties etc. you will hit 80 asap. The reason behind this is that hardcore guilds/players will expect you to bring your best/most geared character. I dont know if there are still guilds like that because population is sparse so guilds probably bring whatever they can find but I am sure you can find one.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

warlover

Post#3 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:35 pm

abiksa7 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:07 pm Hello,

As in the topic? Can U give me some tips how to do that and reach atleast one 80? I have 7 chars 60+ and still cannot pick the main. Moreover when i cant decide i am creating new toon.

Did someone have similar problem and know how to 'fix' that? :D
Sounds like a person with no willpower to me, choose one and move on to 80 or higher im at 91 wont play an alt until i hit 100

Darks63

Post#4 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:45 pm

Have your guildies yell at you to pick one or 2 worked for me 😆
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Minisynn

Post#5 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:01 pm

I played pretty much nothing but my engi at max for the first 2 years I played RoR until I finally started playing a WL 2 months ago who is now the only character I play at max. Some people are just one trick ponies and some people are altaholics, such is life 😁
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Morradin

Post#6 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:20 am

I get bored quick. MdPS one day Healer another. Or at times I feel lazy so play a tank ro ranged.
I have 7 toons at 80+

Just have to learn how to maximize RR gain. With Order being outnumbered a lot, 6 of the 7 80+ are on Order.

Tanski

Post#7 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:32 am

Of wb, scs, smallscale roam, solo roam, pick your favorite content and stick with something that excels in at least 2/4.

If you roll tank/healer, you will have a much easier time finding groups, and you can roam as offspec (am, sham, chosen, sm).
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

abiksa7

Post#8 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:42 am

Still no medicine for altaholics unfortunately :D

Joining a guild is good idea and works somehow but still ppl (me too) relloging due to lack of specific roles.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:51 pm

You don't fix altaholism ... you embrace it! :)

First thing to be aware of the renown for 1-70 is the same as 71-80. Also at RR70 you can start to see the true "final form" of you characters especially if you get into some Invader armor. This might give you some inspiration to pick one.

Another strategy is to pick a "theme" among your alts and drive several of them in a more focused manner because of the renown curve I mentioned above. For example I have around 12 different 40s but I chose long ago to focus on my High Elves. I have two 80s among the group and the other two others on their way while still occasionally popping onto my other characters.

Your particular theme may be different instead of a racial group (e.g. class archetype or even just random) but the key is not to push a "main" but "mains" until they get close enough (say RR75-76) to just get bloody minded about it and push the rest of the way.