Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sheet

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#161 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm
Sheet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:16 pm

Hmm... I remember getting passive XP/RP while standing on captured BOs, and when holding it would advance progress in the zone so there was always someone to fight on the BOs in T1, which is what made me keep playing the game.
Keep boxes in T2-T4 to advance zones, but remove them from T1 or only have them generated from player kills so new players can still grasp the box turn in concept, but bring back the passive rp/xp ticks in T1 from holding a BO.
I like to stay on BOs because I want to fight isn't that the whole point of a pvp game? Running boxes on those slow donkeys in T1, for me personally, is the most boring thing ever.
Do you fight or just stand on flags semi-afk? It takes 2 to have a fight. You get the same XP/rp ticks but players have to do something. Furthermore you actually use the map and have to do more than just waiting at flags, which is quite boring.
When you don't want to run with boxes, go and kill enemy players and get their boxes. Not 100% sure that killed ppl in t1 can spawn boxes too.
Back then there were no fights, just afk players at flags you kill easily and then you get some distance for the next fool to sit at flag.
Carrying boxes without enemies is boring but it is more active than sitting on a flag and wait for endless ticks, no?
I'm having a hard time following your logic I guess.
First, you say "Nobody ever waited on flags after cap, unless they want to endanger themselves to attacks" so by your logic standing on BOs opens you up to fights, which I stated in my experience I felt like there were more fights when I knew there were people standing on BOs getting passive ticks or if I stood on a BO waiting for a fight it would come, which you saying endangers you to attacks supports that logic. It's not fun running around on slow mounts trying to find people running boxes. At least with passive BO ticks, I know where to find fights. In my experience, it felt more active when T1 was this way.

It doesn't matter either way. I was only providing my perspective of what made me want to keep playing the game having no experience of Live.

Ads
Mez

Post#162 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:02 pm

Please import this game into Unreal Engine 5. Thanks.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

ToXoS

Post#163 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Revert the non-sensical 20 % Magus damage nerf, allow us to unlock a night goblin skin for SH and I'll be back.
Until then, so long.

Edit : Of course, I'm not actually asking anything from the dev team. There is no reason why they should listen to what I want to come back. I'm just answering the question of the thread, from a personal point of view, since I can't talk for anyone else other than myself.

Culexus

Post#164 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 pm

How about actually advertising things like double xp weekends and upcoming events on the main page before they go live? Unless you're a member of the discord and check it regularly you'd have no idea anything is happening this weekend. Pretty basic stuff.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 60+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Efinhell

Post#165 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:43 pm

I have been here for over 6 years and rarely do i make even a comment here on any forum post.

Bu this one caught my eye "Any ideas to bring back players?" I didn't read all the pages skimmed threw them etc

90% of the comments are changing the parts of the game that they are unhappy with ( how does this increase player base ? ) yeah you might get a few maybe.

The main jump in population was down to Lazypeon youtube feature.

The only thought i can think of would be attempting to contact another big streamer ?

Also i am not sure what powers of advertising that the Devs can do with this game ?
Guild Leader of Forced Entry. RR86 BW ,RR85 Slayer and lots of 40s :)
6 Years Retail Warhammer Online and here Since level 1-9 :)

Minisynn

Post#166 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:53 pm

Culexus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 pm How about actually advertising things like double xp weekends and upcoming events on the main page before they go live? Unless you're a member of the discord and check it regularly you'd have no idea anything is happening this weekend. Pretty basic stuff.
Agreed, they did make a forum post about it but it wasn't on the front page. They definitely could do with pinning upcoming events to the home page, maybe in a wee link tree on the right hand side where the population and live streams are. First step to hooking people or getting returning players back is pulling them in with incentives, and tbh it helps current players because a lot of people don't really look at the forums or the Discord, just the website home page 🙂
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Penril

Post#167 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:10 pm

I would come back if only i knew who is playing my account these days

Nosun

Post#168 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 pm

Alubert wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:42 pm How to increase the population? Some suggestions.
It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. The topic is how to increase the number of players.
You should know that this is a niche game where the influx of new players is very small so we can mainly focus on getting the old players back.

1. most important - restore NB.
After blocking in a very short time we lost several hundred people. I suppose around 300-400.
And NB is still in use only now not for everyone.

2. kick Rampage out of the game or drastically reduce it.
Kick out GTDC and give the choppa equivalent of slayer ID.

3. allow tanks to be tanks. Introduce fortitude on a large scale. Currently there is only one item with this stat. Snb tanks = better CC. 2h = more dmg.
Scrap this hopeless change where 2h tanks have 10 sec on super punts. It should be done the other way around. Snb = 10 sec cd on punts. 2h give them one more offensive tactic. Or make a general rule: all tanks on 2h spec can put on 10% more dmg tactics. And for snb spec I would extend the effect of all CC skills by one second.

4: Introduce all pve equipment with LoD if technically possible.

5. new "sov" weapons.

6. in general to give players a target and a carrot all the time.
New gear doesn't have to be much better. Just a little bit. It's all about the aim. And even let it be just fashiohammer gear.

I think these are all good idea and bringing people back should be the focus. I would also include getting rid of all the nerfs to grinding renown it is currently at 1/3rd of what it use to be. I appreciate all the work put in on the game but I will never understand them making the renown grind to 80 or above take longer instead of less time.

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#169 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:57 am

I`ve been away about a year, the last time I played there was a population of 1500 to 2000 players, I remember when we`d have almost 3k players playing,, and I remember back in 2016 when we were all still in T3 because T4 wasn`t unlocked, even then we had 1200 to 1800 players.

looking at the population numbers even tho it is summer, we normally had at least 800 + players in the Summer time. Here on a Sat night at 900pm cst we have 400 players in game
granted it is summer, but those numbers are really low, compared to in the past.

Wuu

Post#170 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:42 am

Have monthly Destro/Order Twitch streams for charity. Each month we have a guest Twitch streamer play for a few days and have people donate to charity. Even if it's just T1 it would be fun.
Just a rough idea, but something I wanted to do to get my friends interested in the game.