Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
shoelessHN

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#51 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 pm

billyk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:48 am Simple, just nerf destro.

The pipeline is like this:
Newbie finds RoR -> rolls Order because Warhammer fluff -> gets ground into fine red paste by the destro zerg -> learns to play -> still gets ground into fine red paste -> voices his dissatisfaction on the forums -> notices this is working as intended because devs play greenskins -> either rerolls destro or quits

And that's the whole root cause for this issue. So, devs, what shall it be? Uber-r0XX0r everyone or having a healthy server? Your choice.
What dev plays greenskin?

Ads
penagos22

Post#52 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:39 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 pm
penagos22 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:55 pm

The content in PvP focus game is PvP itself, whether it is Scenario, OpenRvR or City Siege, thats all to it. Once you hit 40/80 and BiS gear u want, there is nothing else, u PvP for the sake of PvP.
Whats the objective for you in that PvP is up to u, either u wanna farm kills, farm wins, farm zones or w.e else, its ur choice. I cant think of any endgame content design that will not be repeatable, repeatable part is the core idea of War, is it not ? War never Ends!
I think that people should be encouraged to reach hight rr so that the character becomes stronger and stronger and since there are few who endure such grinding that they are seen as lords, representatives of each faction.
For all 3 specs in each class to be viable, we've literally had the same meta AOE for years.
There was many changes to AoE meta so i would not call it the same for years. There was AoE cap changes, there was Moral changes, not to mention any other AoE attempts applied to specific classes (MSH, SW etc.)
i know maybe some love to 1 target builds, tanks dps, disruption builds etc etc

Valarion

Post#53 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:48 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:34 am Gruzzug here. Some suggestions:

1. Fix class balance. Choppa/Slayer is a literal one spec class. C'mon. It'll be easier than designing new content. I'm thinking also working on other class related issues, but I dont know any other than WH/BW has severely unbalanced crap mechanics (You know EXACTLY what I'm referring to. WH killed soloing, it's not fun for anyone anymore).

2. Work on bugs that matter. Like how Gunbad kicks you out of the instance when you zone into a boss room all the way back to IC (or Altdorf).

3. New content/reworked. I still dont have my RR70 massive black-iron cleavers the one random in K8P has, with the jagged teeth. A fully-rebuilt LOTD, Tomb of The Vulture Lord, unique collectables and all, publically accessible 24/7, as it was meant to be, is a mandatory demand, and provided fun endgame content. The influence -farming that would provide the Cape of Sahkmet and cool purple weapons. Something to make it really worthwhile would be to introduce a system regarding TOVL weapons from influence rewards, like modifiable passive perma-effects you can afford to buy with scarabs/cartushs that you can change out like Sentinel jewels, except these are expensive and let you improve your combat experience in different ways?Would be fantastic.

4. A free-for-all scenario that gave you access to unique rewards anyone 40/40+ can participate in and have fun, would be cool. Or improve Ranked so people actually want to do. I can never get Ranked ques.

5. Focus on small/solo content. Give us reasons to RP in a RPG game, so it's not RVR or bust only.

6. Make the face modifications RR80 requirement, not 85. It takes too long, and most don't play past RR80. Unless you're dedicated or a nostalgia-fan, of which I am both, I speak for all when I say it's the best and fair choice for all.

7. Re-increase city rewards. The reward-nerf just make being kicked around the instance not worthwhile by those who aren't playing in Discord-led 24mans.

Honestly, features that give people a reason to play past RR80, focus on solo/sixman content, make rewards more worthwhile, work on potentially new, unseen content. I know there was a Vampire Counts expansion planned in the works back in the Live days. Why not give that a try and see where that goes?

Gruzzug, signing off. 8-)

For the love of Sigmar, JUST FIX AP REGEN

and discuss and test these kinds of changes in the future with the community
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

anarchypark

Post#54 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 am

pardon some permanent bans.
adjust escalation system to flat sanction which last maximum 1 month.
kill trading, multiboxing is stupid, no doubt. but permanent might be too harsh.
if we're desperate to accept those id**ts.
ofc there's exceptions like speedhacks and racists.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

shakakka

Post#55 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:59 am

This sounds crazy. But I would love to hear peoples opinion. What if the server was put on Steam? Is this even even feasible using Steam Direct?
https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

Now I'm NOT talking about putting Warhammer online on steam... But a application that runs the RoR website so people can download the RoR client as is in the browser currently. Maybe adding a Addon downloads section and "State of the Realm" Viewer as part of this app so it has more function then just downloading the game.

Also Warhammer online no longer has a store page on Steam. It still has a small community page Valve has left open.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/17420/

Please keep it civil. Its just a thought. :D

Thanks,
Shakakka

Lion1986

Post#56 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:25 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:55 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm the real issue is total lack of a end game. No raids, no dungeons, just the same zerg you do since tier 1 which get boring after a whole month of playing it. Just saying
The content in PvP focus game is PvP itself, whether it is Scenario, OpenRvR or City Siege, thats all to it. Once you hit 40/80 and BiS gear u want, there is nothing else, u PvP for the sake of PvP.
Whats the objective for you in that PvP is up to u, either u wanna farm kills, farm wins, farm zones or w.e else, its ur choice. I cant think of any endgame content design that will not be repeatable, repeatable part is the core idea of War, is it not ? War never Ends!
and that is why people quit the game after doing the same thing for months. there is no variety at all in the world to keep people "addicted"

Sulorie

Post#57 » Sat May 28, 2022 12:35 pm

elykz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:09 pm
- Fix gear gap between < lvl 36 and 36-39 players as long as t2+t3 is merged, by making sure 36-39 players cannot access to way overgeared sets/items/rr abilities for their levels
What gear gap? There is indeed a gap but it's about knowledge. The gear sets scale quite flat and recently you can wear genesis set in addition to blue epic quest items, but this alone does only affect the outcome, if both teams are equal in composition and skill.
Dying is no option.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#58 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:35 pm
elykz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:09 pm
- Fix gear gap between < lvl 36 and 36-39 players as long as t2+t3 is merged, by making sure 36-39 players cannot access to way overgeared sets/items/rr abilities for their levels
What gear gap? There is indeed a gap but it's about knowledge. The gear sets scale quite flat and recently you can wear genesis set in addition to blue epic quest items, but this alone does only affect the outcome, if both teams are equal in composition and skill.
lol. you need level 36 for genesis. he was talking how we need better gear PRIOR to level 36. and i gotta agree with the guy. t4 influence purple rewards are lv38, anni is lv35, genesis lv36. dominator is lv27-28(not sure), while t3 purples are lv27. it would be very nice if there was some blue/purple gear at lv31-32. leveling kotbs alt right now, and right now im lvl34, i can say that by lvl 31-32 you start to feel bolster not giving you that much anymore, even though your soft caps are higher.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#59 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:33 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:10 pm

lol. you need level 36 for genesis. he was talking how we need better gear PRIOR to level 36. and i gotta agree with the guy. t4 influence purple rewards are lv38, anni is lv35, genesis lv36. dominator is lv27-28(not sure), while t3 purples are lv27. it would be very nice if there was some blue/purple gear at lv31-32. leveling kotbs alt right now, and right now im lvl34, i can say that by lvl 31-32 you start to feel bolster not giving you that much anymore, even though your soft caps are higher.
Yes, at 36+ you have genesis set and other items like epic quest weapons. What I said was proper bolster usage counters this advantage.
Joining with a group has a far bigger impact than your rank.
Blaming gear gaps is an easy excuse, albeit this doesn't mean that those gaps don't exist.
Dying is no option.

cl3921

Post#60 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:08 pm

Light users can't join city siege.
Many guilds or leaders are recruiting some classes with high rr. (some classes can't even join wb)
For light users, attack/defense fortress is only end content.