Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#181 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:54 pm

diedrake wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:07 am Like many have said, revert the rr gains like they were 2 years ago. I personally enjoy building characters from 1- 80 but if latest itteration is taking 2-3x longer then it did 2 years ago, i am burnt out before i finish even one char let alone start a 2nd or 3rd.

Sadly other thing that is hurting is imo is the scheduled cities, makes rvr kind of pointless to push. Fun yes, but still no real reason to do it. Schedualed cities is good as more primetime gets to do cities but again with the currency change to universal coin, really no need to ever step foot in cities too so idk. Seems to me that game has lost its focus and its being derailed.

Others to note i also agrée would love to see fortitude or the tank stat to come back as playing a snb tank does feel squish at times.

To be fair though, game cant really evolve much and doing same thing day in and day out, vets will be burnt out sense nothing ever changes. Ha irony used to love that saying " War, War never changes..."
exatly you either shedule city for unique currency for unique content or there is no point, atm is premade thing sacred space where they can 24 vs 24.. but the game suppose to be oRvR not closed RvR... the 24 format is for balance skill etc not to balance closed instances....

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#182 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:08 am

I started playing in 2016. I have many full sov characters on Order and had been leveling up destro. I have had more fun playing ROR and WAR that any other game. I stopped playing because there are easier games out there to play with my friends and family that don't require the massive time and skill investment. I miss it but will likely not come back by myself.

4 observations.

1. There was a big time boost from Peon. Losing many from that boost was inevitable. This is an older game and most modern games have less, more simple mechanics.
2. There was a big time loss from the NB ban. That was not inevitable and ridiculous as it had been around for years and was a quality of life add on and made things easier for the casual and gave incentive to create more alts. More on this below.
3. Class balance and order vs destro bias is over blown. Many people play both sides, and those who do know each side complains about the other needing a nerf - Constantly. In the end, numbers and organization trumps minor class benefits. Balance on the whole is pretty good in open RVR. Some tweaks can help, but not core class changes.
4. Some guild leaders were asked about changing battlefield objectives - great ideas from wonshot and many others but nothing substantial was changed. You ignored some of your core leaders and they left.

There have been many meaningful positive changes and new pieces of content, but no game can survive making it harder for casuals and ignoring many of its core.

If we are honest about the NB removal it was the competitive Ranked SC folks who disliked it, and some people have since painted it as a pure cheat add on, all the while reproducing it in pieces with other add ons. If you bring it back some guilds will return, because it can let a casual be effective or a Guildie level up several alts and jump in with what is needed.

I want to be wrong about this, but I fear I am not... This game is a labor of love by people who live for the SCs, and NB raised the floor of the masses too high, and the ceiling of a very limited few, who are likely still using it now anyway. NB won't be back in time before more people move on like me.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Arthalon

Post#183 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:38 am

I am a casual player who loves Warhammer and never been in high renown, don't like ranked and just hop in from time to time because the game is FUN. Is the only MMO i enjoy in casual PVP because, hell, I love tanking, I love PVP and the guard mechanic is unique. SCs are what I love and, in my opinion, what many ppl that come can love.

First of all, I have been couple of months out and came back to see the currency change. At first I was reluctant, but... I LOVE IT ! Specially the PQ change, now is rewarding and can do SCs and PQs.

In in my opinion, I would only fix couple of things for casual players as they are the big chunk. And they only want one thing, to have fun:
-No Premade VS Pugs in SCs. Although some of us, more casuals, read guides and try to figure out strategies and stand out a bit out in our pugs (not much) we get stomped against a premade. There is nothing you can do as a tank, try to guard the DPS, the healer, switch, CC... 500/10 is the best you manage. After 3 SCs against the same people, you just quit and go to do other things.

Ye, OFC, winning should be rewarding, but is a game and you are on your way to max lvl. If you get stomped, you will not have fun and leave. "Git gud" well, you can't against premades. Well, "Get into a premade". Why should I? I can enjoy the game at my own pace, the system is there to do so. Or maybe I cannot communicate properly with people around, not all of us speak the same language.

Still, sometimes you just lose because at that time destros are lvl 1-5 and orders 13-15. Well, have a lose streak that will give you a little boost. Maybe 1 emblem more after two losses and it will increase to 2 emblems and a 20% XP/renown boost after 5? And maybe if you get a 7 streak you get 3 emblems and 30% boost? Reward players who try to do their best against all odds.

"But you are rewarding bad people": no. You are preventing ragequitting in an unfair situation. And get the point, you are helping the casuals progress, and they are the big chunk form 1 to 40 and are having fun and progressing.

And, yes, being in a premade should feel more rewarding then. Matches are longer, people need a minimum gear+lvl (you are not getting into it as a tank before lvl 10 and your guard), coordination, discord... maybe double XP/Renown and emblem rewards is fair for them. You want that? Well, get into a premade. Still could implement the lose streak system in the premades because sometimes... well, they are better than you and you still want to have fun.

I am aways focusing on "the way from 1 to 39" because that is what new players experience. Personally, at lvl 40 I would put some focus in SCs, because after 39 levels you are suddenly forced into big AOEs, cities and chaos.

Battlefield

Post#184 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 am

Arthalon wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:38 am
In in my opinion, I would only fix couple of things for casual players as they are the big chunk. And they only want one thing, to have fun:
-No Premade VS Pugs in SCs.
Or make all SCs only solo or duo queue, more random fun

CyunUnderis

Post#185 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 am

Battlefield wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 am Or make all SCs only solo or duo queue, more random fun
Yeah this is so fun to play without tanks/healers/dps

FunkyDorian

Post#186 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:22 pm

Very seldomly do you get a horribly unbalanced team. If you disable pug vs premades both teams should more often than not be equally unbalanced. I think premades should only play other premades. Stomping the opposition is more fun than getting stomped, but the best matches imo are the close ones. So let randoms suck against eachother and premades hold glorious battles. In practice it's all the same though because there's such a small pool of players anyway. Premades would be forced to pug, they then group once the queue pops, only difference is 1 or 2 guys might be left out of the scenario.

Battlefield

Post#187 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:03 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 am
Battlefield wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 am Or make all SCs only solo or duo queue, more random fun
Developers can fix this in the code to add a role check

Sulorie

Post#188 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:37 pm

Battlefield wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:03 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:31 am
Developers can fix this in the code to add a role check
Why make complicated class checks, which slow down pop rate, when people can balance groups on their own, when they want to increase their win rate?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Tuxedo013

Post#189 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:45 pm

Make 1 cross realm pug sc in the rotation same as solo ranked has, that would be interesting!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#190 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:10 pm

to bring back players Devs need to buff Slayers. Turn rampage into a core ability, but passive and 100% uptime. Right now the class is unplayable and the reason so much ppl stoped to play them.