Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vri

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#21 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:52 pm

Ashoris wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:55 am Winter is coming :)

seriously ... every spring/summer people will create such a topic, i know its not the only reason, but actually a big one :)
This ^
The pop will swing back, always has. I have seen the pop rise and fall since 2016.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#22 » Thu May 26, 2022 11:08 pm

mryay wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am I have shared my ideas with the staff. I am going to share them here.

The recipe is simple, think RoR as a business and use the power of the community.

The game is unique, the value proposition is selling itself, no other MMORPG game is like this, and the Warhammer license is also selling itself.

1. To increase the funnel and bring continuously new players, increase advertisement campaigns, on a regular basis. Twitch is great, but the game needs more channels. Youtube video, Instagram, even, why not twitter. You need the community, you need RoR influencers.

2. To increase the pace of change you need more staff. The game cannot be sold then bring more dev engineers, ops engineers, community managers, player support, 3D developers, graphic designers, project managers, content creators, bloggers, RP experts, simply by turning RoR into an Open Source Game.

3. An open-source structure still needs governance. So the leadership still needs to be in. But the decision mechanisms, the change requests proposals, the decisions, and the multi-development streams need to be as open as possible, with as much interaction as possible, with as many proposals as possible. I think a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) structure can work.

4. Also bring Games Workshop and EA to the table, I am sure there are innovative proposals/business model that could be discussed with them OPENLY (like a public discussion). It is at their best interest to help and grow this community of die hard passionate. Trust me, bring them something interesting to negotiate, (even better with a business case) they will listen.

Swizz
This is one comment I feel comfortable addressing amongst the others which have points that are usable for internal dialogue.

1 - Advertising campaigns cost money which something we don’t necessarily have because we do not accept any money from any player, never have and never will. The videos we make on YouTube are pre planned and aligned with development updates.

2 - I work in Recruitment outside of Return of Reckoning and I can tell you the salaries for some of these jobs you’re suggesting we hire for is in the 6 figures. These aren’t the type of people who are looking to volunteer on a project they heard about on an indie website. The team here are passionate about Warhammer. We probably have some exceptionally talented players right now - but we cannot provide monetary incentives.

If players have skills they believe are beneficial to the project and RoR, our applications have always remained open. Going outside of the community to ask for volunteers is a conflict of interest based on our project being driven by our love for the project. Our staff come from within and we don’t have any plans to look for outside staff for the project.

3 - We have no plans to go open source at this time. I appreciate you think us going open source will suddenly amass passionate Warhammer fans - but the truth is the passionate players are the players who are here already. Regardless of if you can get into the source. Applications as mentioned above are always open.

4 - Games Workshop and EA are aware of our presence. We follow their IP regulations to the T to ensure we don’t get closed down. Remember we are utilising their assets and building on their, now redundant, product. As much as you may think us going to them with a business case will change anything, I’m confident it won’t. We’ve operated safely for years and plan to continue to do so.

Appreciate the points you’ve tried to make here but we need to remain realistic. At its core this is a fan project and not a game studio or functional business and we don’t plan on changing that.

Will continue to review other suggestions that people may have but I want to make it clear I’m only using this thread as a purpose of feedback collection. The population is fine, these threads pop up monthly and have done for years. We’re not a sinking ship and haven’t been at risk of such in an extremely long time.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Panel

Post#23 » Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 am

Bugs that favour one side. Not only does the bug in itself cause players to leave or take long breaks, it can also lead to a false perception of dev bias when it goes unfixed for long periods.

Bugs that gimp a class. Knowing that your character is below its optimum performance is a put off for players and quite understandable. Again this can lead to a perception of dev bias in that they wont fix it so as to give an advantage to the other side.

Shogun4138

Post#24 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:57 am

Totally understandable that summer season there is a population dip, always has been for a lot of mmo's.

Word of mouth to friends and family is probably the most effective.

What about ideas for the game itself. Giving players back the ability to manifest their own destiny. Im not a fan of scheduled cities or lotd. The feel of just battling for zones over and over for a prescheduled destination seems lack luster. Yes, there this s who like it.

What about rvr zones that change. Instead of the same limiting bubble where pvp happens, maybe it could fluctuate. Bo's could appear in PQ's. Adding an extra challenge to holding a BO. I really like how in lotd the dead come to recapture objectives. Obviously it will be the same keeps to take.

Open lotd after three zones lock. Better than once a week. While people are in lotd the rvr lines change in the regular zones.

But its word of mouth. To bring back ex-players they need to hear of a fluctuating change that is controlled by the community. Its a good selling point.

Cities, just open it up to all like a fort. Change some mechanics that work with and open zone. Lotd is a prime example where the pve is mixed with the pvp. In added dynamic that all players can access.

I typed this from my phone so pardon the grammatical errors.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

fabrizio3k

Post#25 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:31 am

Publicize your soon-to-be implemented content. Outside of a small circle, the roadmap of this game is not very clear. It is the era of kickstart, or vaguely defined ideas for games that racks up thousand of dollars, it would be good to promise something, even more because you start with a great product in the first place.

Just two cents obviously

ReBiff
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:14 am

One thing that would make me play again is increase renown gain to what it used to be or more. Its too much time commitment to level up several alts (compared to every single other game) its just not worth it, not when it makes so much of a gear difference.

nat3s

Post#27 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:50 am

1. Restore NB - At the very least it would be a good experiment to see if the suggestions about it causing a pop decline are actually true. If they're not, get rid of it again.

2. Balance all playstyles including solo roaming viability.

3. Keep GTDC / Rampage, hugely important that classes have "cool" things about them. Instead try to provide other similar specialties / niches to other specs.

4. RDPS buffs.

5. LOTD PQs, make it more like AoR.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Radoga

Post#28 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:17 am

Hello all,

For idea: To brings players back you need...

First that developers should have "The PLAN" this mean they have vision already how the game will looks like after 1 3 or 5 years, for which age players they want to focus and what is target amount of players for one server etc. etc. etc.

What I would like to see in game:
a) PQs in LODT, god farming zone and more farming zones in any area

b) Splitting T1/ T2-T3 (lvl39/ T4 independent, the player on T4 lvl40 with equivalent rr40 is more poor like player lvl 3 in T1. Fightings between T2/T3 characters and players with rr70+ is nonsense. But this is only me openion and it is no easy to change

c) Stop exsping by some button... for some reason fights in T1 was very funny in the past, but it is imposible to stop exping to reach rank 16... for some funny reason I was repeating choosen or choppa or mara from 1lvl till 16lvl then delete, then again levl 1 till 16... again only personal opinion.

But the most important is:

Developers need to make decision if they manage game for warhammer fans comunity or only for closed group of friends which want to play warhammer online after official close. This is necessery to answer first, then we can return back on beginning.

Ads
Radoga

Post#29 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:46 am

billyk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:48 am Simple, just nerf destro.

The pipeline is like this:
Newbie finds RoR -> rolls Order because Warhammer fluff -> gets ground into fine red paste by the destro zerg -> learns to play -> still gets ground into fine red paste -> voices his dissatisfaction on the forums -> notices this is working as intended because devs play greenskins -> either rerolls destro or quits

And that's the whole root cause for this issue. So, devs, what shall it be? Uber-r0XX0r everyone or having a healthy server? Your choice.
Hoy, I have completely the same opinion, but for opposite side - nerf ordo... no there should be some balance... there is only one reason I playing only destro and this is simple, destro looks better

malmar

Post#30 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:19 am

1. weekend sc - make it pug only. if more people want to play on weekends, there is no reason to put them against premades -- players just rq and loose all will to play the game.
this could also help with gearing of new players (more sc xp and rr)

2. another vote for NB
-- it is a tool that makes game easier to play and much more fun - especially for some less popular (needed) classes and also for new players
without NB class design needs rework and pruning of skills, and i'm guessing that is not going to happen