Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Pkunk

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#221 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm

They just have to stop punishing solo players. It seems their goal is to purge them from the game. Its one of the few things they have really been good at. Don't play this server anymore but its sad to see it keep on going down the drain. In the end I am sure they will get 1 wb vs 1 wb and it will be glorious.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#222 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 pm

Pkunk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm They just have to stop punishing solo players. It seems their goal is to purge them from the game. Its one of the few things they have really been good at. Don't play this server anymore but its sad to see it keep on going down the drain. In the end I am sure they will get 1 wb vs 1 wb and it will be glorious.
Excuse me but why would you choose a MMORPG (massive multiplayer ...) to play solo ?
I really don't understand why not play a RTS or something similar, at least you can play a 1v1 fair game.

Pkunk

Post#223 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm

Earthcake wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 pm
Pkunk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm They just have to stop punishing solo players. It seems their goal is to purge them from the game. Its one of the few things they have really been good at. Don't play this server anymore but its sad to see it keep on going down the drain. In the end I am sure they will get 1 wb vs 1 wb and it will be glorious.
Excuse me but why would you choose a MMORPG (massive multiplayer ...) to play solo ?
I really don't understand why not play a RTS or something similar, at least you can play a 1v1 fair game.
Warhammer online always had the option to play solo. Maybe you choose a class that is made for it, like we or wh, or maybe you just did it with with any class by tweaking it into that role. Some ppl enjoy that, and if you remove the option to do that they will be gone and the lake will be even emptier. Sure 100% zerging zones is the pure massive multiplayer thingy but some ppl don't really enjoy that all the time.

And going solo has always been the hardcore mode. Some folks like that, enjoy that. You are still playing a massive multiplayer game, you just add a little spice to it all. For you and those you kill.

The odds are mostly stacked against the solo players. Its a challenge. The stupid sorc/bw you want to splatter always got lots of massive multiplayer game team players that want them alive so they can mindlessly press their aoe spambuttons in the massive multiplayer game.

The important thing is that a massive mulitplayer game need a lot of players so it feels not dead. When its only zerg against zerg.... its dead!

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#224 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:19 am

all people who imply that this game needs skills, have literally 0 NO skill at all at playing games i guess. i played a lot of games during my life, both singleplayer and multiplayer. this game is super ez, but there are a lot of little stupid things which make no sense, yet you still must know them to get an edge on enemy player. that's knowledge, not skill. completely two different things.

if devs could make gameplay more skill-intensive instead of knowledge-intensive, that would be fun for sure. btw last patch had a lot of bugs fixed and that's a step in right direction, so keep it up.

Haojin

Post#225 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:30 am

Pkunk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:24 pm
Earthcake wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 pm
Warhammer online always had the option to play solo. Maybe you choose a class that is made for it, like we or wh, or maybe you just did it with with any class by tweaking it into that role. Some ppl enjoy that, and if you remove the option to do that they will be gone and the lake will be even emptier. Sure 100% zerging zones is the pure massive multiplayer thingy but some ppl don't really enjoy that all the time.

And going solo has always been the hardcore mode. Some folks like that, enjoy that. You are still playing a massive multiplayer game, you just add a little spice to it all. For you and those you kill.

The odds are mostly stacked against the solo players. Its a challenge. The stupid sorc/bw you want to splatter always got lots of massive multiplayer game team players that want them alive so they can mindlessly press their aoe spambuttons in the massive multiplayer game.

The important thing is that a massive mulitplayer game need a lot of players so it feels not dead. When its only zerg against zerg.... its dead!
This is happening because current ORVR system is absurdly bad.

There is zero incentive to roam in the lakes to progress campaign. It's just box-run-slaving until 2 star (dunno if anyone ever enjoys that atm) then try to siege, if fail, zerg vs zerg on the middle bo until one side give up and try again. This leads premature/boring fights which is the fastest way to burn out.

As a solo player, you barely have chance to find someone who is roaming in the lakes apart from the leftovers from the ZVZ fights or box runners so it's normal. Not mentioning that people tend to stay under "Warcamp Buff" area which is another gangrene of ORVR.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Scottx125

Post#226 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:08 pm

I just wish they would shake up the meta with balance changes and actually add something new to the game (that people want, not ranked). As it stands it feels like the game is stagnating and has been for around a year or longer.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Earthcake

Post#227 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:14 pm

Someone already mentionned it, or at least partially, the weekly RvR quest is very bad for the game, or more specifically the keep take part.

I want it done "quickly", so I check the population before logging in. This morning 62% order, I logged on order side to get some keeps done.

Please remove that part of the quest, it only leads to pop imbalance.

Miller5862

Post#228 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 pm

make the game not need a programmer to download..

i just went through every step in the guide and still get 175k files to patch. im gonna try one more time if it dont work **** this game lol. offer a launcher that does the work.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#229 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:41 pm

Miller5862 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 pm make the game not need a programmer to download..

i just went through every step in the guide and still get 175k files to patch. im gonna try one more time if it dont work **** this game lol. offer a launcher that does the work.
It's no rocket science, when you do exactly what the guide tells you. After torrent download quit torrent and move the folder somewhere else, where it is not write protected.
Dying is no option.

Miller5862

Post#230 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:41 pm
Miller5862 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:26 pm make the game not need a programmer to download..

It's no rocket science, when you do exactly what the guide tells you. After torrent download quit torrent and move the folder somewhere else, where it is not write protected.

the guide on the site doesnt even mention the torrent. but you want players how about not making them download a torrent and or read a guide at all. this isnt 1999.