Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#171 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:49 am

this game doesn't need some publicity stunt that would only increase it's playerbase in short-term, while majority of new people would leave before hitting lv16. you really need to start fixing bugs, and stop changing needless things like currency change was. idk how much time it took you to make new currency system, but you literally achieved nothing with it, only lost time, and you probably lost some of these players that got **** with conversion and wards not being given for mix sets. yeah you adjusted in weeks after the patch, but by that time, some people just gave up. so if any dev reading this, pls stop doing useless changes. i'm not gonna comment on GCD, since it seems it was done so you guys can more easily make changes in future, it seems like that was short-term loss, but we should start to see gains soon?

Ads
Shogun4138

Post#172 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:46 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:49 am this game doesn't need some publicity stunt that would only increase it's playerbase in short-term, while majority of new people would leave before hitting lv16. you really need to start fixing bugs, and stop changing needless things like currency change was. idk how much time it took you to make new currency system, but you literally achieved nothing with it, only lost time, and you probably lost some of these players that got **** with conversion and wards not being given for mix sets. yeah you adjusted in weeks after the patch, but by that time, some people just gave up. so if any dev reading this, pls stop doing useless changes. i'm not gonna comment on GCD, since it seems it was done so you guys can more easily make changes in future, it seems like that was short-term loss, but we should start to see gains soon?
Ok, you can complain but this thread is not about that. This is to achieve ideas that may or may not be used. A chance for the Dev's to see other possibilities. They are doing a great job for what they have to work with. I've submitted ideas here as well as others. So come up with solutions and not gripes.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#173 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:04 am

Culexus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 pm How about actually advertising things like double xp weekends and upcoming events on the main page before they go live? Unless you're a member of the discord and check it regularly you'd have no idea anything is happening this weekend. Pretty basic stuff.
We rely on social media, Discord, articles and Twitch to push information before that it is released - from a few days to around 2 weeks ahead of its release. If you'd like to get that information ahead of time, you should follow our accounts. Sometimes even streamers are fed with exclusive information to support them. It's a small community and we all need to support each others.

diedrake

Post#174 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:07 am

Like many have said, revert the rr gains like they were 2 years ago. I personally enjoy building characters from 1- 80 but if latest itteration is taking 2-3x longer then it did 2 years ago, i am burnt out before i finish even one char let alone start a 2nd or 3rd.

Sadly other thing that is hurting is imo is the scheduled cities, makes rvr kind of pointless to push. Fun yes, but still no real reason to do it. Schedualed cities is good as more primetime gets to do cities but again with the currency change to universal coin, really no need to ever step foot in cities too so idk. Seems to me that game has lost its focus and its being derailed.

Others to note i also agrée would love to see fortitude or the tank stat to come back as playing a snb tank does feel squish at times.

To be fair though, game cant really evolve much and doing same thing day in and day out, vets will be burnt out sense nothing ever changes. Ha irony used to love that saying " War, War never changes..."
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

blackfyre06

Post#175 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:56 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:49 am this game doesn't need some publicity stunt that would only increase it's playerbase in short-term, while majority of new people would leave before hitting lv16. you really need to start fixing bugs, and stop changing needless things like currency change was. idk how much time it took you to make new currency system, but you literally achieved nothing with it, only lost time, and you probably lost some of these players that got **** with conversion and wards not being given for mix sets. yeah you adjusted in weeks after the patch, but by that time, some people just gave up. so if any dev reading this, pls stop doing useless changes. i'm not gonna comment on GCD, since it seems it was done so you guys can more easily make changes in future, it seems like that was short-term loss, but we should start to see gains soon?
The currency change is literraly what made me come back to this game and i know i'm not the only one. This may be THE best change they have ever done for a lot of players...

Culexus

Post#176 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:06 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:04 am
Culexus wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:07 pm How about actually advertising things like double xp weekends and upcoming events on the main page before they go live? Unless you're a member of the discord and check it regularly you'd have no idea anything is happening this weekend. Pretty basic stuff.
We rely on social media, Discord, articles and Twitch to push information before that it is released - from a few days to around 2 weeks ahead of its release. If you'd like to get that information ahead of time, you should follow our accounts. Sometimes even streamers are fed with exclusive information to support them. It's a small community and we all need to support each others.
But why not put the information on the website as well as that? I can't really see any benefit to not doing it.

All of the above is great for people that are already aware of RoR and already invested in the community. But I would imagine most new players and old WAR players the first place they would go is the website. Seeing double xp and a weeklong event may give people more of an incentive to give it a go or jump back in.
Last edited by Culexus on Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

rancune

Post#177 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:41 pm

modify behavior of the community

1. stop to eject new player
there is more and more Closed Warband.
U can enter if u have rr 80 for example or if you are in alliance.

2. create open warband by experimented players when there is none.

3. Do more rp event ex: This week end war : Green skin / Dwarf

Sometime there is no warband and new players can feel alone.

tazdingo

Post#178 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:26 pm

this weekend has proven that people are willing to come back, its been great. scs popping long into the night, last night order had 3 wbs running at 4am. as soon as we get new balance and class changes you will see the pop return to 1k+ for a bit, mark my words

Ads
shoelessHN

Post#179 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:41 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:26 pm this weekend has proven that people are willing to come back, its been great. scs popping long into the night, last night order had 3 wbs running at 4am. as soon as we get new balance and class changes you will see the pop return to 1k+ for a bit, mark my words
Premades vs pugs popping, sounds fun!

anstalt

Post#180 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:05 pm

blackfyre06 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:56 am
The currency change is literraly what made me come back to this game and i know i'm not the only one. This may be THE best change they have ever done for a lot of players...
The currency change is why I decided to come back too.

Whilst the currency change seems to be a damn sight better than what came before, it's still not perfect. Just sell the PvP gear for gold! Why bother with any sort of currency to grind? It doesn't really serve any purpose, so as long as u have the rank, let us buy the gear for gold. Thats how it worked on live the last time I played it (sometime during lotd) and it was great!