Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Culexus

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#41 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm The issue is not advertising, we had big LazyPeon wave which made population sky rocket.
That statement contradicts itself. The issue is not advertising, but when the game advertised the population skyrocketed.

The many issues that have been brought up in this thread are all part of retaining players after they join/come back. But without advertising those players won't join/come back in the first place. Nor will it attract potential new developers that may be interested joining in the project but haven't heard of it.

The developers could fix all the problems with this game but if no new blood is brought in the population will naturally stagnate and decline. The applies to developers and players.
Last edited by Culexus on Fri May 27, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 60+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#42 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:33 pm

They need to restore the original City Siege que design and increase rewards the city grants overall. There was population issues to begin with, that hasn't changed. But now cities are largely unavailable to those who aren't playing on the specific days they unlock. And the rewards they give aren't worth it. 100>150>250 for winners. 50>100>150 for losers
That's how it should be.

Dan666

Post#43 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 pm

i think just too bring back the original last war hammer balance patch from mythic
will be fair for both faction , and anyone will complain about bias stuff , just my opinion have a nice day all

penagos22

Post#44 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:06 pm

Dan666 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 pm i think just too bring back the original last war hammer balance patch from mythic
will be fair for both faction , and anyone will complain about bias stuff , just my opinion have a nice day all
with no reworks in classes

Xergon

Post#45 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:07 pm

Culexus wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:05 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm The issue is not advertising, we had big LazyPeon wave which made population sky rocket.
The issue is not advertising, but when the game advertised the population skyrocketed.

The many issues that have been brought up in this thread are all part of retaining players after they join/come back. But without advertising those players won't join/come back in the first place. Nor will it attract potential new developers that may be interested joining in the project but haven't heard of it.

The developers could fix all the problems with this game but if no new blood is brought in the population will naturally stagnate and decline. The applies to developers and players.
following that logic, shouldnt u first fix the issues and then invite ppl to play the game ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Lion1986

Post#46 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm

the real issue is total lack of a end game. No raids, no dungeons, just the same zerg you do since tier 1 which get boring after a whole month of playing it. Just saying

Xergon

Post#47 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm the real issue is total lack of a end game. No raids, no dungeons, just the same zerg you do since tier 1 which get boring after a whole month of playing it. Just saying
The content in PvP focus game is PvP itself, whether it is Scenario, OpenRvR or City Siege, thats all to it. Once you hit 40/80 and BiS gear u want, there is nothing else, u PvP for the sake of PvP.
Whats the objective for you in that PvP is up to u, either u wanna farm kills, farm wins, farm zones or w.e else, its ur choice. I cant think of any endgame content design that will not be repeatable, repeatable part is the core idea of War, is it not ? War never Ends!
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

penagos22

Post#48 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:55 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm the real issue is total lack of a end game. No raids, no dungeons, just the same zerg you do since tier 1 which get boring after a whole month of playing it. Just saying
The content in PvP focus game is PvP itself, whether it is Scenario, OpenRvR or City Siege, thats all to it. Once you hit 40/80 and BiS gear u want, there is nothing else, u PvP for the sake of PvP.
Whats the objective for you in that PvP is up to u, either u wanna farm kills, farm wins, farm zones or w.e else, its ur choice. I cant think of any endgame content design that will not be repeatable, repeatable part is the core idea of War, is it not ? War never Ends!
I think that people should be encouraged to reach hight rr so that the character becomes stronger and stronger and since there are few who endure such grinding that they are seen as lords, representatives of each faction.
For all 3 specs in each class to be viable, we've literally had the same meta AOE for years.

Ads
Xergon

Post#49 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:01 pm

penagos22 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:55 pm
I think that people should be encouraged to reach hight rr so that the character becomes stronger and stronger and since there are few who endure such grinding that they are seen as lords, representatives of each faction.
For all 3 specs in each class to be viable, we've literally had the same meta AOE for years.
There was many changes to AoE meta so i would not call it the same for years. There was AoE cap changes, there was Moral changes, not to mention any other AoE attempts applied to specific classes (MSH, SW etc.)
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

facundo7777

Post#50 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:13 pm

From my pov few factors can be considered:

1) Gear above sov even only for appearance. Like 85, 90, 95, 100

2) more events like this with t1 dwarf pvp some time ago

3) more often class changes. Even like buffs/nerfs. Its refreshing to look for a new build after changes or jump on alt to test something new. Atm same builds are in use for months or even years (sometimes i see new comments on YouTube with question about current class build under the movie recorded 2/3 years ago and the answer is: 'still the same')

4) back to the previous locking zones system and cities would be good. Since changes i played city once... In the previous system i could play 1,2 cities per week with the same time spend in the game.