Recent Topics

Ads

How do guilds work?

Let's talk about... everything else
pakhitepo

How do guilds work?

Post#1 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:33 pm

I just joined a guild (mainly for its name), how does it work? The guild tax rate, etc. If I’m mostly just doing my own thing outside of RvR does joining a guild effect me much?
192.168.0.1 router login 192.168.l.l
Last edited by pakhitepo on Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Re: How do guilds work?

Post#2 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:14 pm

What guilds can provide you:
- community through the guild members for rvr/pve/whatever the guild does.
- access to guild hall in the main cities which lets you buy e.g. guild recall (port) scrolls, guild mounts (costs guild coins collectable via quests)

In return the guild automatically recieves the guild tax from you when you recieve gold (I think only through looting mobs?)

So it's up to you if you join a guild.

In my opinion it has always benefits as finding people is much easier in guilds. There are a bunch of guilds for every playstyle, so just look through the forum here or the ingame guild search (think it might be outdated/broken though).

Omegus

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Guild tax only applies to gold you loot from NPCs. Good guilds will use the tax to help fund things like crafting or "zone involvement" (get bonuses to RR during PVP) and the like. Be very wary of any newbie-friendly guild trying to charge 100% tax (edit: assuming that is even possible)
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Boursk

Post#4 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 pm

If your guilds tax is anyhing above 0 % = Instant leave :P
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Morradin

Post#5 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Guilds have a lot of benefits. As mentioned above; From a small community (instead of the larger whole), to the Guild Hall benefits. But there is more.

I am in a small rank 40 guild, we help each other with crafting, pq's, dungeons (even if it's just one or two of us helping to fill out a 6 man.), and teaming up in pvp. Best part is none of that is required of us. We can live a solitary existence if we want. :) Participation with guild members is optional.

Valarion

Post#6 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:32 pm

Boursk wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 pm If your guilds tax is anyhing above 0 % = Instant leave :P

The libertarian in me agrees with you, but the guild leader in me hopes you wont listen.

Jokes aside, the taxes in most guilds are minor and in most guilds are used to fund the guild vault expansions and provide potions, items, etc to members.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:34 pm Be very wary of any newbie-friendly guild trying to charge 100% tax (edit: assuming that is even possible)
JR has 99% tax and is newbie-friendly.. Bombling scam confirmed? :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Omegus

Post#8 » Sat May 28, 2022 10:59 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:34 pm Be very wary of any newbie-friendly guild trying to charge 100% tax (edit: assuming that is even possible)
JR has 99% tax and is newbie-friendly.. Bombling scam confirmed? :lol:
A (soft) 40/60 requirement is not "newbie friendly" ;). I'm referring to the guilds that will take in anyone of any level/gear which attract brand new players.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads