Recent Topics

Ads

Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Return of Reckoning, an abusive love

Post#21 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:11 pm

Gier wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pmScenarios in this game serve a purpose, and I'm not sure it's a recognized purpose. By this I mean it's the content that it supposed to be pick up and play, quick in and out. However this isn't what it's become and this is a huge issue for my original complaint, player retention. A lot of people view SCs a premade 6 man game play outlet...

In part the Ranked SC program was designed to address this issue, however it fell short because the level of competition in ranked was almost always equal. Premades queing into regular SC's are not, predominantly, looking for such fights. Limit a scenario to queing in parties of two or three and six-mans will simply que in groups of two or three. That is just how it works.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Scottx125

Post#22 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:50 am

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:11 pm
Gier wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:57 pmScenarios in this game serve a purpose, and I'm not sure it's a recognized purpose. By this I mean it's the content that it supposed to be pick up and play, quick in and out. However this isn't what it's become and this is a huge issue for my original complaint, player retention. A lot of people view SCs a premade 6 man game play outlet...

In part the Ranked SC program was designed to address this issue, however it fell short because the level of competition in ranked was almost always equal. Premades queing into regular SC's are not, predominantly, looking for such fights. Limit a scenario to queing in parties of two or three and six-mans will simply que in groups of two or three. That is just how it works.
Not really, the reason it failed was because nobody wanted to subject themselves to it, regardless of the gear reward. And the vast majority of the population was against introducing ranked in the first place. Ranked created a toxic environment of elitism which people didn't want to be apart of. Now obviously not everyone was like that, but it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch (especially if the bunch is the total population of ranked in the first place).
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Esperflame

Post#23 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:04 am

I mostly stopped playing because of how guard was nerfed. I worked real hard to be able to guard my target but got sick of getting blown up in 2 seconds flat after the changes because of guard damage. And all I play is tanks. :(
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

penagos22

Post#24 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:46 am

#MYTHICLIKE

Detangler

Post#25 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:58 am

jbrutal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:32 pm
Detangler wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:17 pm
jbrutal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm the sc premades are my number 1 problem always been, yeah sure i can find a group but why must i go throught tryhard mode for some casual fun. Force to play a t1 scenario the is boring and premades abuse this queue sometimes too
1. Finish a scenario
2. type /5 (class) renown rank (your renown rank) LF Scenario/roam group
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Queue scenarios or repeat step 2-3 1 to two times. Could even repeat while waiting for a scenario to pop.
5. Join a pug premade.
6. When done, type "thanks for group, gotta go! RL stuffs"
7. (bonus) make a new friend!

Its really, really not hard to do. Like, I've joined plenty of groups, had something come up, and had to log off 1-2 scenarios later. People don't get upset. They dont blacklist you. They get it, move on, and try to find someone else to replace you for the next round. We all are a lot older than when this game came out. We possibly have more little children to watch out for or needy spouses that want to watch a show together suddenly.

Try it. I swear its not that scary.
who said it was hard? maybe read better ok
Oh, i'm sorry, you said it was "tryhard mode." Your exact wording. Its not "hard" to form a premade. Most of the pug premades I join dont even nominate a main assist. They just are tired of matchmaker screwing them over when they solo queue and get a scenario of 10 dps 1 healer 1 tank.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

tazdingo

Post#26 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:25 am

queueing into prems is getting kinda boring. i've had a busy few months with work so i've just been casually lvling alts through scs and if a partiuclar group is plowing through the mids it does become a little unplayable. if their dps is doing 300% the dmg of 2nd place theres nothing to do but log off for the evening

Phantasm

Post#27 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 am

I think sc premade fantasy can be easly resolve bringing solution from ranked. Devs made that queue system for how many, 100 active players at peak time? With all colected experience creating and tweaking that tool, why not extend it to all scenario queues and solve solo vs premades issue once for all. You play solo class and wanna sc? Queue as solo and see which u are in a queue. Are you willing to find/join /5 group? Great thing, you get into group queue. To devs, how hard it is?

Asderas27

Post#28 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:34 am

People complaining about premades in 2022 when most of actual tryhard groups and guilds left the game kek.
Wonder what the forum posts would be now if guilds like LoB, Phalanx and other true tryhard 6v6 groups were still active. Rivers of tears would flow :)
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:45 am

just increase the number of pug scs, make seperate pug and prem scs for events and increase prem sc rewards. fighting another prem to a 200/500 loss should payout like a 500/200 win does in pugs

/5 is the best solution when it works but it just doesnt, there arent groups sometimes. try it yourself - log in, immediately type '/5 tank/heal lf mid sc' and see what responses you get. 60% of the time, no invites within 30mins, just arent any pickups running. there are also the 16 - 24 and <vanq deadzones to consider, which represent a non-insignificant amount of time to a casual player where they will not be invited into groups even if there is one

whats your answer to people who dont wanna commit to a guild and schedules and discord and such, stop playing the game? well they are

facundo7777

Post#30 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:32 am

Mostly i can agree but i would like to add something.
Balance:
Would be perfect to have balance patch for most of the classes from time to time to have more fun than running same build for years. If we cannot achieve that DPS shaman and am should be balanced asap, WH and Regen WE too.

Scs:
As someone said that we have pug sc. I think the issue is especially during the event sc weekend. From my pov event sc should be splitted for solo and premade queue. We have enough ppl at weekends to split while we sont have enough ppl playing scs during the week to split that.

Maybe pug sc should be first in the window, highlited somehow and map should be shifting.

Ps. Lets back to old city. Since changes i was playing siege once.... When in previous statr i could play it 1,2 per week.